Jump to content
Beholder

Just calm down, stop spitting venom.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, if you had just paid to watch that, you are entitled to let off a bit of steam. 

 

But yeah, in the grand scheme of things, it is one defeat. 

 

Still - some pretty worrying signs and our current form is terrible (bar the Leeds games). 

 

The thing is, it isn't just one defeat, as you allude to in your last sentence. It is 3 home defeats in a row, 3 deserved home defeats in a row where the tempo and attitude from the first whistle has been sorely lacking. The way we threw the towel in yesterday was embarrassing. 

 

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are certain posters who will look at any excuse to be negative towards Mr Chansiri

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you lose 5-0 at home to a team that is below you after half a season, questions need to be asked. Insults are a little pathetic though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beholder said:

There was a massive overreaction on the radio last night. 

 

People laying into monk, saying he should go etc. 

 

Really venemous. Then I look on here and see more venomous, nasty poo aimed at Chansiri. Calling him a spoilt rich kid? Is there really any need for that? A man who has poured alot of money into our club (and yes, made some mistakes)

 

Everyone complaining , no balance. 

 

How does that help matters? 

 

Monk has been brilliant this season.

Look at the league position until yesterday ffs. 

 

Let's just support him and hope the club can get the players in we desperately need to compete in a very tight division.

 

The season is still alive and we still have plenty to play for. 

Easy to moan, not so easy to be rational.  Radio only wants moaners on, though.  Agree with what you say, as do the vast majority of readers judging by the 'agrees'.  Well said...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, torres said:


you said after that performance yesterday a few should leave straight away. I’m just interested who you think. 
 

 

Tbh mate they can all go apart from 

 

dawson

borner

iorfa

urghohide

fox

fletcher

harris 

luongo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Tbh mate they can all go apart from 

 

dawson

borner

iorfa

urghohide

fox

fletcher

harris 

luongo 


so you were saying “after yesterday’s performance” a few should leave 

 

But you are keeping both full backs who were so bad it’s untrue 

 

A player that got sent off within 30 minutes 

 

And 2 that didn’t play

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monk is intelligent enough to know that the average football fan is a moron. 

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, torres said:


so you were saying “after yesterday’s performance” a few should leave 

 

But you are keeping both full backs who were so bad it’s untrue 

 

A player that got sent off within 30 minutes 

 

And 2 that didn’t play

I never said they should leave after yesterday, I said there’s players who should ‘leave today’

 

Urghohide has played 3  senior matches and is 19, Luongo has proved shrewd business and the least of our problems, although he needs to cut out the rash challenges. Half a dozen times now he’s given away stupid fouls 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, poite said:

Monk is intelligent enough to know that the average football fan is a moron. 

We sure are...

 

Image result for acknowledgement gif"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

The thing is, it isn't just one defeat, as you allude to in your last sentence. It is 3 home defeats in a row, 3 deserved home defeats in a row where the tempo and attitude from the first whistle has been sorely lacking. The way we threw the towel in yesterday was embarrassing. 

 

 

Sorry, yes you are right. 

 

I meant that a 5-0 defeat, galling as it is, is still just one defeat in the grand scheme of things. 

 

But yes, our form since Boxing Day has been pretty woeful. To think we were third not so long ago. 

 

Not sure what that says about the players. Have a chance to kick on and then completely lose the plot. 

 

Bunch of wasters. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'When xxx decides he wants to play'

 

'Clear ARHHHT!'

 

I think these freds are born out of the same frustrations too 

 

post-445-0-03457500-1407231008.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Tbh mate they can all go apart from 

 

dawson

borner

iorfa

urghohide

fox

fletcher

harris 

luongo 

 

Urgohide is a centre half playing at full-back in all fairness to him.

As much as I like Fletcher I think long term we need a replacement.

I don't rate Dawson as much as most on here do. He concedes far too many goals in relation to his fellow goalkeepers in the squad for me for whatever reason?

Borner, Iorfa, Harris and Luongo should be part of the future going forward.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over losing Fox.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, poite said:

Monk is intelligent enough to know that the average football fan, football manager, player and chairman is a moron. 

 

Mended it

 

:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Sorry, yes you are right. 

 

I meant that a 5-0 defeat, galling as it is, is still just one defeat in the grand scheme of things. 

 

But yes, our form since Boxing Day has been pretty woeful. To think we were third not so long ago. 

 

Not sure what that says about the players. Have a chance to kick on and then completely lose the plot. 

 

Bunch of wasters. 

 

It's been discussed on here recently the lack of fight when things aren't going our way. 

 

Nobody really got in the ref's ear when Hoilett didn't see red for the tackle on Palmer against Cardiff. Nobody really questioned the ref to any extent when Luongo got sent off yesterday. Nobody seems to try and get the team going verbally or physically when we are struggling. We don't have a captain capable of doing this or leading by example and we don't have a physical challenge in us without Hutchinson or Fletcher. 

When we concede heads drop far too quickly and we are up against it.

 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glorious weather today. Get your boots on and go for a decent walk, or get the bike out. It was woeful yesterday. Don't let a football club take over your life. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, daleblue said:

I was just wondering if yesterdays performance was linked to a few players being told that their contracts are not going to be renewed, I know it's a tenuous link, but it was the effort that the players didn't put in which was galling, just looking for an answer.

 

On a Post Card please

no more than 30 words

please include self addressed envelope to, 

 

What the f****s going on,

c/o Sheffield Wednesday day dreaming into mid table obscurity,

Sheffield 6.

Is it a fact that contract renewals have been confirmed? 

Can’t see that happening: some players will just down tools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Glorious weather today. Get your boots on and go for a decent walk, or get the bike out. It was woeful yesterday. Don't let a football club take over your life. 

The sun has been shining in Scarborough all day. And I’ve still got fish and chips to come.

:tango:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

It's been discussed on here recently the lack of fight when things aren't going our way. 

 

Nobody really got in the ref's ear when Hoilett didn't see red for the tackle on Palmer against Cardiff. Nobody really questioned the ref to any extent when Luongo got sent off yesterday. Nobody seems to try and get the team going verbally or physically when we are struggling. We don't have a captain capable of doing this or leading by example and we don't have a physical challenge in us without Hutchinson or Fletcher. 

When we concede heads drop far too quickly and we are up against it.

 

Yes. 

 

They've got the robustness of a cream cracker. 

 

I think Monk said something about this group of players when he got the job. Something along the lines of questions had been leveled at them in the last few years. 

 

Needless to say, I'd imagine he is fully aware of why that was the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

It's been discussed on here recently the lack of fight when things aren't going our way. 

 

Nobody really got in the ref's ear when Hoilett didn't see red for the tackle on Palmer against Cardiff. Nobody really questioned the ref to any extent when Luongo got sent off yesterday. Nobody seems to try and get the team going verbally or physically when we are struggling. We don't have a captain capable of doing this or leading by example and we don't have a physical challenge in us without Hutchinson or Fletcher. 

When we concede heads drop far too quickly and we are up against it.

 


This. Noticed we never get into the refs face. Other teams do, we just seem to shrug our shoulders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Is it a fact that contract renewals have been confirmed? 

Can’t see that happening: some players will just down tools.

 

3 hours ago, daleblue said:

 

But some are in negotiation with the Club, Dawson?

Where as others might well know that that's not going to happen for them.

Players will know if they are getting a contract, even if nothing has been said.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...