Beholder

Just calm down, stop spitting venom.

Sorry I wish I could be more positive but I think this club is going downhill.

I hope I am proved wrong!

Cannot believe this post. it wasn't just yesterday's performance, its been a while now.  Three games over Christmas, all the points dropped after ninety minutes.

Wake up and smell the coffee, we are a very poor side.

12 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We dominated possession vs Cardiff and Hull and lost. Possession isn’t really a big issue for us. As you note, our defending has been dreadful for a month including the capitulation v Stoke. 

The Cardiff game especially we lost due to shambolic defending by Lees, iorfa and Palmer.

The route back to better points returns are sorting the defending out again. We were scoring enough to get into 3rd when defending well, albeit with an inform Fletcher.

I think Cardiff weren't too concerned about us having possession because they were winning and we weren't a persistent threat while the Hull game both sides were pretty useless in possession. Perhaps rather than possession in general what I should have referred to was possession in the opposition half, particularly the final third. Against Stoke we barely got in or around their penalty area until we changed shape 2nd half and early on against Blackburn we couldn't get forward, as Monk alluded to after the game. Fletcher was key to us being more of a threat and we need another option in now.

Cardiff and Hull allowed us to have more of the ball once they were in front, it didn't make any difference as I am sure their staff were as aware as we are of our woeful record when we concede the first goal.

Completely agree about the shambolic defending as I said, all our defensive options have made poor costly individual errors of late. Injuries haven't helped but as I said in a different thread, Monk needs to decide on his preferred line up at the back which should help cohesion and cut down on the mistakes.