Reason we lost today

The elephant in the room was how the  young lad was targeted and was totally out of his depth especially when his helper Murphy decided to have possibly one of the worst performances I have ever witnessed from a Wednesday player , he was woeful 

45 minutes ago, vulva said:

Was quite simple. They man marked Bannan. Holtby never left his side from minute one, and we simply didn’t have a clue on how to react to it. 

Blackburn are the first team to fathom us out. Mark Bannan, and we stop functioning. We are the biggest one trick pony side in history.  

And that win against Brighton? 

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

The elephant in the room was how the  young lad was targeted and was totally out of his depth especially when his helper Murphy decided to have possibly one of the worst performances I have ever witnessed from a Wednesday player , he was woeful 

Urghohide was targeted that’s right 

Showed his lack of experience today but my god was Murphy dreadful - didn’t release ball, can’t head. Unless the ball is at his feet and there’s 20 yard in front he is absolutely awful

48 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’d also throw in that ineffectiveness of our wide players, the fact that Winnall can’t play that lone striker role and every time the bell went forward to him it came straight back and I’d also say the performances from our fullbacks today was awful.

Whatever the false adulation of fox is all about I'm not sure...our full backs are the worst in the league bar none

8 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Correct....and Fox was back to his usual incompetent form...he needs to go

5 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Unless the ball is at his feet and there’s 20 yard in front he is absolutely awful

I said that today..took no responsibility at all today...likes to jog off when you need people to get stuck in.  Can't head, pass, tackle and struggles to get past opposition players.

16 minutes ago, fatbloke no1 said:

What about first 20 , minutes

With all due respect to fatbloke, a simple post but quite telling. We were awful from the kick off and never showed any intent before the sending off. Their keeper was never tested. A spineless 90 minute performance.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Urghohide was targeted that’s right 

Showed his lack of experience today but my god was Murphy dreadful - didn’t release ball, can’t head. Unless the ball is at his feet and there’s 20 yard in front he is absolutely awful

He was poor in the first half against Leeds...we just got away with it.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Was quite simple. They man marked Bannan. Holtby never left his side from minute one, and we simply didn’t have a clue on how to react to it. 

Blackburn are the first team to fathom us out. Mark Bannan, and we stop functioning. We are the biggest one trick pony side in history.  

Helped enormously by Bannan playing next to the centre backs 

2 hours ago, Animis said:

The midfielder whose roll was to man mark BB and also scored two goals. None of our midfield ever look like doing this.

That’s the real reason . We have one decent striker who’s crocked . That’s why we keep losing . Our midfield is dire . Bannan whose obsessed with sitting in our own box , Keiren lee who’s finished and Hutchinson whose coming towards the end and also doesn’t score . Most teams have midfielders capable of 5-10 each a year . Ours couldn’t get 5 between them 

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Winnall can’t play up front on his own. He’s about 20% as good as Fletcher. 

Reach never left our half, first half.

Him and Murphy got pushed back (he’s awful - give me Harris any day) by Blackburn’s fullbacks. This didn’t help Winnall tbf. 

Fox and Borner passed it to each other instead of trying to hit Winnall as it wasn’t working anyway. So we got pushed into our own corner. 

They targeted the new lad at right back. 

Lee didn’t win any tackles he usually would.  

Bannan is a luxury - offers a lot on the ball but nothing off it. 

Luongo pressed a bit but it doesn’t make up for a lack of a forward. 

And to their credit, Holtby and other Blackburn players really shone today. They couldn’t wait to cut us open - we went for a dogged 433 to clog up a game and it failed. 

Spot on apart from the Bannan bit, he isn't that effective when he sits too deep or when we don't have the ball but his assists are vital to much of the success we have had this season, far from a luxury just needs the right players to compliment him.

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Add to this that Lee was either anonymous or went AWOL every now and again and there was zero cover anywhere on the right wing.

Reason we lost is that players self motivated for batte against local rivals and against premier side in cup, and weren't motivated yesterday. That's Monk's job and he failed miserably...again. Players can't be arsed to try for Monk. Yes a new set of players might, but he doesn't seem to be a motivator and that means he will probably be on his bike again, journeyman manager.

5 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Jaeger bombs? 

No chance. They've got Red Bull in them, no trace of any energy in our home performances lately.