Bazza Bannan

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

now that’s the second part, all we are doing is asking banan to come and find the glory hoof ball t9 either winnall  or the forward. 

any decent manager could figure us out in a millisecond 

Have we given up totally trying to pass it through midfield.  Or are we genuinely just struggling to find space.  Bannan used to do brilliant things in the tight spaces that he could find. Does Monk trust us enough?

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Here we go. He sat deep today because we had 10 men. The entire game plan went out the window.

Who was moaning last week with Bannan’s performance in a midfield three? 
No one. 

Did it from start not after red card. 

As said in OP he sat back first half last week then when we changed system n he pushed on we were better side.

so what u on about???

I like Bannan, but we're all like Stockholm syndrome with him - he's the only route/outlet and pretty much controls the team's style of play; line up and outcome.

We either bring players in over the Summer that complement him, or sell him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Anyone getting a sense of deja vu? 

Bannan is one of our most talented players and yet no one really seems to know where to play him. 

He isn't good enough at one particular thing. Same as Winnall has no pace but can't hold the ball up either.

Reach can't tackle, dribble or accelerate. We have too many decent players without a real skill.

Seeing Bannan sliding about trying to close down players near our box then switching into Hollywood ball Pirlo mode is bizarre.

• Haha 1

Bo11ox to all you lot criticising Bannan

And bo11ox to any of you who would sell him 

Kissing his arse last week and now wanting to get shut and blaming him

Monk plays him where he plays him - end of, if he’s sweeping into defence it’s not of his own

accord is it? 

Jesus Christ out of everyone today Bannan is the last to deserve flack, Monk deserves the criticism for fielding an ultra defensive team against a mid table side at home

16 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You get so butthurt about anything on Bannan that you actually failed to understand the op, no ones moaning at his performance, they’re moaning at his positioning 

It was obvious how we lined up. Bannan deep with Luongo and Lee pushing on. This was probably going to be interchangeable as the match went on. Then 20 minutes in we were down to 10. And what happened after that to me is irrelevant. The game was gone and we were chasing shadows. 

I think people expect Bannan to play like Iniesta every week. He seems to be the new scapegoat when things go wrong. 

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Monk plays him where he plays him - end of, if he’s sweeping into defence it’s not of his own

accord is it? 

Jesus Christ out of everyone today Bannan is the last to deserve flack, Monk deserves the criticism for fielding an ultra defensive team against a mid table side at home

My post isn’t slagging Bannan. I love him to bits. 

My question is is Monk making him play like today. 

Hes much better further forward. Like weeds second half. 

Monk done cracking job at times with what he’s got but got use best players in their best role. 

Consistancy is the key 

Just now, 2roland2 said:

your just not getting the point are you?  It isn’t bannan the player, it’s his position..... today is t in isolation, he’s been dropping g deep so many times this season and it always coincides with a poo performance. 

play him further up field. Then we don’t talk about him other than what he does well

We’re a mid table side. We’ve played poo when Bannan comes deep, and we’ve played well and won games when Bannan comes deep. This debate can’t come up today, it’s pointless. Luongo’s red card killed the game.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It was obvious how we lined up. Bannan deep with Luongo and Lee pushing on. This was probably going to be interchangeable as the match went on. Then 20 minutes in we were down to 10. And what happened after that to me is irrelevant. The game was gone and we were chasing shadows. 

I think people expect Bannan to play like Iniesta every week. He seems to be the new scapegoat when things go wrong. 

Jeez Sally wake up. 

Its his position..... he’s better further up pulling strings not defending. Defenders play to him to make things happen but then he’s too deep n teams push on us. 

Lets put it another way maybe it doesn’t always work then with 3 attacking style mids on at once. 

Hutch or pele normally sit where Bannan has sat today. Luongo n Lee push on. 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We’re a mid table side. We’ve played poo when Bannan comes deep, and we’ve played well and won games when Bannan comes deep. This debate can’t come up today, it’s pointless. Luongo’s red card killed the game.

Nope....evident at Weeds game. 1st half to 2nd half. Did u go. Did u watch it?

take your Bannan glasses off n admit it’s not his best role. 

Thats what we are saying. Not saying he’s crap but he’s no where near as effective on the game playing like today. 

Luongo's red card made no difference to our approach to the game.  Things carried on exactly the same when he left the field. 

Bannan sits way too deep, he has to be the player linking midfield and attack but he's often a 3rd centre half, today is far from the first time that's happened, he's completely wasted in that role and may as well be on the bench. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A Villa mate of mine sums him up very well, when he tells me he hangs too deep and slows play down to a walking pace. He has the Hollywood ball in his locker but more often than not he’s trying too hard to be the perfect midfielder. I tend to agree with most of his analysis as when he is back looking for the ball we might as well be a man short.

We need to get him further up the pitch to inflict damage not sit in front of the back 4 trying to get on the ball. If we got a reasonable offer for him I would consider it as he doesn’t seem to be able to play his position consistently being effective.

Edited by Prince
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

My post isn’t slagging Bannan. I love him to bits. 

My question is is Monk making him play like today. 

Hes much better further forward. Like weeds second half. 

Monk done cracking job at times with what he’s got but got use best players in their best role. 

Consistancy is the key 

I agree

Round pegs round holes

Bannan needs to play further up. The way Luongo and Lee played today we might see Joey P given another go. I’m absolutely baffled how poor them two were, after having 2 cracking games. Complete chalk and cheese

After the Carlos revolution began and then ran it's course, I'd be more than happy to scrap all of the midfield and start again.

Great players at times, Bannan and Lee have done us proud in the past as has Hutch. Luongo seems a good battler but scrap it and start again we need another revolution now not evolution.

Edited by Rev Owl

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

accord is it? 

Jesus Christ out of everyone today Bannan is the last to deserve flack, Monk deserves the criticism for fielding an ultra defensive team against a mid table side at homeb

Bannan plays where Bannan wants to play, and that my friend is the problem. 

• Like 1