Bazza Bannan

Can’t be sitting just in front of defence. 

Did it today and doesn’t get game going forward. 

Comes back for Borner to pass to him when he’s marked to pass him straight back n then we get pressed. 

Did it first half at Weeds. Second half he pushed further up and we ran the game. 

Is Monk instructing him to do this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

The first member of the squad I’d sell, take £3 million for him in a heartbeat, the sooner he’s away from our midfield the better, neg away but I want a team not every movement going through one man. 

Or sign a better central midfieder to play with him

• Haha 1

Just now, Stoop said:

A penalty??

:duntmatter:

ok then

Good analysis there.

He dragged us through that game in the second half and was clearly the man of the match as he was the only one willing to take the initiative. As you may or may not know scoring goals shouldn't be his main responsibility.  

4 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Good analysis there.

He dragged us through that game in the second half and was clearly the man of the match as he was the only one willing to take the initiative. As you may or may not know scoring goals shouldn't be his main responsibility.  

Who said anything about goals

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

tbf I think that is part of the problem, I have said this a few times now I think he knows we aren’t good enough and feels he has to come back deep and get the ball , he doesn’t trust anyone to take set pieces etc.  Can I blame him? No but does it help us as a team ? I do t think it does.

he needs to concentrate on his own game and keep further up the pitch and do what he does best. Atm when he’s doing the dropping deep role he’s about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. 

Thats pretty much right.

But I have no idea how we can get the ball forward without hoofing it otherwise.

tbh, I'm not overly certain he's got the physical attributes to consistently play as a deep lying playmaker type. 

Worked against Leeds in the second half, but I wouldn't say Bazza is the most defensively disciplined player by any stretch. 

Also think he is better further up the pitch. 

Guest The Horse
2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

A absolute unit of a man would help next to Bannan. 

Like a midfield Iorfa in a way. 

Iorfa would probably be immense in midfield.

Nothing much else is working. Why don't we give it a go for a game or two. Can't be any worse than today.

4 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

You did...You said his only contribution was a penalty

Urrgh

I said I’m waiting for him to pull us out of the sh!t

you mentioned Bristol in which he scored the winner ( via a penalty) 

My point is that I’m still waiting for him to pull us out of the sh*t

A stale mate against Bristol isn’t the sh*t

Edited by Stoop

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Here we go. He sat deep today because we had 10 men. The entire game plan went out the window.

Who was moaning last week with Bannan’s performance in a midfield three? 
No one. 

You get so butthurt about anything on Bannan that you actually failed to understand the op, no ones moaning at his performance, they’re moaning at his positioning 

Edited by FreshOwl

Bannan isn't a defensive mid as he lacks height and power nor an attacking mid as he can't run beyond defenders or shoot.

If he could do either he'd be a Prem player I guess.

We need a new mobile DM to replace Hutch in the summer and move Bannan forward but keep play coming down the wings. Either that or sell him.

• Like 1

Also think he's wasting his time with all those long passes when you've got the likes of Winnall and Murphy up top. 

Fletcher can bring a ball like that down and do something with it. 

The rest aren't good enough.