Home games- Boring as hell

8 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

I do apologise you were bored when we played Lincoln. I hope you didn't go to Middlesbrough, Forest, Brighton or Leeds you may have got a bit of a fright. 

Went to Leeds.
Four matches out of how many? Think you’ve answered this question yourself. How sad is that? Four matches???

Monk has achieved some good results away but at home I am concerned about 1 up front and Bazza playing so deep. The only saving grace is this isn’t his team.  The fans will accept boring WINNING football, if it results in promotion. But it isn’t fun anymore.

We were spoilt football wise that first season or two under Carlos. And we want it back but the squad has been badly mismanaged that we quite simply can’t get to that standard again until we are allowed to pump money in. We had a taste under Bruce, a proper manager. But that was short lived.

This is what happens when you chase the dream and just fall short. 

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Yes, we don't exactly get people on the edge of their seat, do we?

Tone of today was set after about 5 minutes. 

I don't really understand why we are so reluctant to impose ourselves on teams. Much rather sit back and wait for something to happen. 

Can work away from home, but at home the emphasis is on you to attack. 

We don't do that and today we were quite brutally punished. 

I think the problem is we are unable to impose ourselves on teams because we haven't got the calibre of players to do it. You mainly win games by controlling midfield; we haven't got the players or system to do this.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

I'm am now officially Owlstalks stuck record.

We have a squad that is past it's sell by date and is smelling pretty bad. Too many senior players on big wage wages, with no incentive to try when it gets tough.

We also have a self entitled, apathetic home support, made up of aged season ticket holders, who have committed their disposable income for the foreseeable future, with nothing else in their lives.

We then charge more than any other club in British football to watch us, and terminate POTG fans, new fans, and future generations.

These are the ingredients for the worst matchday atmosphere in British football.

If you put meat, potatoes, and pastry in a dish, you get meat and potato pie.

You have been it for 10 years as a resident troll.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, doubleo said:

The fans will accept boring WINNING football

Some will. Like me. 

Some won’t. 

When we beat Stoke 1-0 at home lots of people moaned. 

I was over the moon with the 3 points. 

However today we had no structure and weren’t competitive. 

3 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Seriously, home games this season have been shocking. Dull football, one up front, next to no goals, atmosphere non existent as fans are immediately bored to submission. Easily worst home season since Stuart Gray. 

Anyone want a season ticket? Because I could quite happily not attend another one between now and May. 

Ile buy it, about 9 home games left, must be worth 50 quid. 

• Haha 2

Said on another thread we must have played 80 odd home games since Wembley and if I have enjoyed as many as 20 I think I am being generous. Plenty of "well at least we won" moments 

But what a damning stat and is it any wonder folk are so fed up of it. 

Hillsborough is boring as hell

Must be one of the worst away days for the away fans 

The atmosphere starts with a drum and trumpit ffs its embarrassing

Then you pay £30 minimum to watch 11 millionaires not give a flying f#ck if they win or lose ,long as their pension gets topped up they don't care

I've not been to a home match in months ,the club make zero effort to persuade me or any fan to return ,so why should we make the effort 

DC needs a sense of reality 

While ever fans chose to be mugged off and attend he will just sit back and let it continue 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's request all our games away from home,  I feel sorry for the fans paying alot of dough to watch that tripe, I was home for the game v Cardiff over xmas and Its sad to say I woke up buzzing and left thinking I wont miss this, very very poor, I watch most games streamed and u can hear a pin drop 

9 hours ago, mkowl said:

Said on another thread we must have played 80 odd home games since Wembley and if I have enjoyed as many as 20 I think I am being generous. Plenty of "well at least we won" moments 

But what a damning stat and is it any wonder folk are so fed up of it. 

Absolutely. 4 years of turgid poo . Is it any wonder that the support can’t be arsed anymore? Especially when we are paying top dollar to watch said turgid poo . A huge re think on our approach is needed.

Yesterday was my first game since April 2019. I’ve had a season ticket throughout but I haven’t been able to go till yesterday. 

Whilst I wasn’t going I hadn’t ‘missed it’ as much as I thought I might. The last full season I saw was 2017-2018 and apathy had started to set in. And I’m usually a typical ‘happy clapper’.

Finally got to the game yesterday and it was quiet. Very quiet. I wasn’t confident in a strong home performance with Winnall up top on his own. None of the strikers available actually struck me with confidence at being able to be a lone striker. I’d have much preferred us to just chuck Harris up there. Play channel balls and have him on the shoulder of the last man at all times ready to sprint.

The performance was the worst I’d seen in 16 years of going to games but it wasn’t an enjoyable experience from

start to finish. My mind drifted a lot to think about the young right back. Home debut and I’m sure he’d have been a nervous wreck when any bad touch from anyone was met with groans and moans and abuse.

Now that’s not a dig at our support. But this has become a culture at Hillsborough.  I don’t think many fully enjoy coming to home games anymore and I don’t think the players enjoy playing here.

It’s not just the football though, the whole experience is dull.

dont know whether it’s cos our ground is dated, whether I look back with rose tinted glasses to the sights and smells of my youth (I miss the smell of smoke, bovril and beer) or whether the culture of football has just changed.

We need something to attract the young, otherwise those not affiliated to a club will drift to S2.