owls maniac

Home games- Boring as hell

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

To think we'd just beaten Leeds too and had a chance to further cement our place in the top 6. 

And we turn up, produce a horrific performance, and lose 5-0. 

You couldn't really make it up. 

literally the most Wednesday thing ever

As all other sides fans who come here say 'Thank goodness we don't have to watch Monk football each week'.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yes, we don't exactly get people on the edge of their seat, do we?

Tone of today was set after about 5 minutes. 

I don't really understand why we are so reluctant to impose ourselves on teams. Much rather sit back and wait for something to happen. 

Can work away from home, but at home the emphasis is on you to attack. 

We don't do that and today we were quite brutally punished. 

Meanwhile Millwall quite enjoying themselves under Gary Rowett.

• Agree 2

The crowd is dead because people are pissed off at the lack of any real quality and the ridiculous pricing of just about everything.  We’ve been through poo for so many years, your hobbies in life are supposed to bring enjoyment, watching Wednesday is the only hobby that brings little joy 

• Agree 9

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Seriously, home games this season have been shocking. Dull football, one up front, next to no goals, atmosphere non existent as fans are immediately bored to submission. Easily worst home season since Stuart Gray. 

Anyone want a season ticket? Because I could quite happily not attend another one between now and May. 

At least we arnt paying Premier league prices to watch it mate. :duntmatter:

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, S36 OWL said:

At least we arnt paying Premier league prices to watch it mate. :duntmatter:

Tbh that is at the heart of it for me. We are being ripped off, fans priced out and the club are doing fizz all to attract new supporters. It’s the same people at every game, and that will gradually start to fall away. DC needs to get a proper CEO in and give them full say or wee wee off. 

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 1

Just now, owls maniac said:

Tbh that is at the heart of it for me. We are being ripped off, fans priced out and the club are doing fizz all to attract new supporters. It’s the same people at every game, and that will gradually start to fall away. DC needs to get a proper CEO in and give them full say or wee wee off. 

I've been a ST holder for over 30 years, but my three year ST ends this season, and I'm going to need a lit of convincing to renew. 

The atmosphere at Hillsborough is absolutely awful. I know the players are supposed to get us going, but fvvck me it’s hardly inspiring to play in front of us at the moment. We are on their backs 5 minutes in. 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Have to agree the atmosphere this season has been shocking. 

Started off people slating Fox but now he’s turned it round so people find other scapegoats. 

although we have been around top 6 we haven’t played well at home and it is very difficult to motivate 25k ish to get going when nothing to get excited about. 

Losing 4 home game son the bounce you can see attendances dropping dramatically.  

At a very bad time too with season tickets on sale. 

The early bird deadline is absolutely ridiculous too. 

Only way will keep crowds up is if sign some quality this window. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The atmosphere at Hillsborough is absolutely awful. I know the players are supposed to get us going, but fvvck me it’s hardly inspiring to play in front of us at the moment. We are on their backs 5 minutes in. 

Tbf i have seen Hillsborough and Wembley rocking and yet it's still served as no motivtion to quite a few of these players.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Everyone around me is a bored, worn down season ticket holder. None of them sing or clap hardly... they simply turn up out of routine. 

Football is general is going down the pan... unless you’re storming the league. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, SiJ said:

To think we'd just beaten Leeds too and had a chance to further cement our place in the top 6. 

And we turn up, produce a horrific performance, and lose 5-0. 

You couldn't really make it up. 

And we were sh*te for the first 45 at Leeds to be fair

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The prices for the next home game against Millwall are a joke. 

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/ticket-details-owls-v-millwall/

And when did we last have an offer? Or something out of the box like offering a free ticket to everyone who didn’t renew last season to try and get them back in the habit?

We are so flipping lazy and that comes from nowhere but the top. 

• Agree 3

Said it before and I know many will disagree but I still believe the fact them horrible tw@ts down the road are in the premiership, has put a major damper on things in regards to the atmosphere on matchdays. 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Said it before and I know many will disagree but I still believe the fact them horrible tw@ts down the road are in the premiership, has put a major damper on things in regards to the atmosphere on matchdays. 

It was tug when they were in league one. The problem is our dire football. I count one season of entertaining football at home in the last 20. No wonder the atmosphere is shot. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The prices for the next home game against Millwall are a joke. 

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/ticket-details-owls-v-millwall/

Kop £33 

Grandstand £36 

South £39. 

And DC wonders why we have no POTD anymore. 

Just drove past, they're already queueing down Penistone Road. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 5

Steve Bruce started to make home games interesting again. 

Other than that, Carlos in 15-16 and Megson in 11-12, it’s been a joke for 20 plus years. 

• Agree 2