idiotic supporters

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

We lost 0-5 at home to a very crap side.

We pay some of the highest prices in the country including Premier league to watch this.

It's one of many disastrous home performances this season.

We are doing something wrong.

This, 100%.

It staggers me that more people dont think like this.

This batch of players must think they can just take the mick and say "we'll do better next time" on an ongoing basis, week in week out, year in year out and the majority of fans will forgive them.

I just can't accept a real lack of bother from players every single game. It feels like so many of them just dont really care enough about being successful.

They're far too comfortable at being average and hugely inconsistent - so few of them show any signs of bravery or leadership or care.

They're scared of success and what that might bring - they dont believe it's possible to push the boundaries and get vertigo whenever the real possibility of success gets into view.

We've flattered ourselves for years now - flirting with promotion when we all know we get damn lucky most weeks and get a whole load of results that we dont truly deserve. This team so rarely gives fans any value or pride back - merely enough to keep us hoping.

Sooner or later the mask slips off though, and the reality shows glimpses of its ugly face - it happens all too often - and today was a full-on reveal that was, unfortunately, inevitable.

We no doubt have some idiotic supporters because out of a sample of 20,000 plus people anywhere in the country there will be a bunch of idiots. There will be impatient people, angry people, drunk people, all sorts of different people who may want clap, sing, shout or express dissatisfaction with what they see. As a rule, the output from fans is dictated by what they can see, but if a team of highly paid professionals cannot get themselves together to put in 100% and realise that those 20,000 + people have travelled from all parts of the country and abroad to watch the spectacle they are paid to put on, then they don’t deserve the shirt.

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

never heard such a bunch of idiots on radio in my life , monk out , why we didn't play 2 up front etc etc  . did you go over xmas when we played 442? we were just as bad if not worse at stoke who could have had 8 against us and they were bottom of league against hull and Cardiff at home we were shocking . the main thing whether your man city or southend is that 11 players give 100% give a sh*t, sweat blood , forget tactics systems . we have played a 451 at brighton and leeds and players gave 100% but that was against teams coming on to us. for us to play at home to play a 442 you need the players to play the system , who in there right mind thinks we would have been beating blackburn today with Rhodes and nuhiu up front? 

No Wednesday fan is idiotic it’s just fans have a different ways of venting their frustrations at this very puzzling team that seems to lack any real mental strength and the will to win consistently 

The only positive today was it makes it abundantly clear to those that can do something about it we need a clear out, we have done since Wembley. This group of players have continually flattered to deceive. Dawson is a decent keeper and we have 3 good centre backs ( except today ) we need two new full backs and a change of personnel in centre midfield who give strength and balance I’d keep bannan but he needs someone who can play along side him and allow him to get further forward, we need at least one more wide man and a completely new front line, only fletcher cuts it and he is unlikely to be here next year given his age and wages. We need to start the rebuild now not the summer we aren’t under an embargo so there’s no reason not to

1 hour ago, Owl 44 said:

I put that question on Twitter cos I genuinely can't remember a home performance as bad as that in recent years. Someone said 5-0 loss against Wimbledon in 2000. Sadly missed that one. 

Unfortunately I didnt, I remember that game as it was the year I got my first season ticket. I remember watching us lose 5-0 at home to Norwich a couple of years later aswell. Difference is back then prices were more reasonable and the expectations weren't as high as they are now.

• Like 1

Today was the worst home display I have seen since season 2002-2003 when we were relegated to League 1. Not a single player can be proud of today when we somehow managed to make Blackburn look like a Premier League side. 
Gary, you need to be very worried and you need to demonstrate you are capable of sorting it. 

50 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

This, 100%.

It staggers me that more people dont think like this.

This batch of players must think they can just take the mick and say "we'll do better next time" on an ongoing basis, week in week out, year in year out and the majority of fans will forgive them.

I just can't accept a real lack of bother from players every single game. It feels like so many of them just dont really care enough about being successful.

They're far too comfortable at being average and hugely inconsistent - so few of them show any signs of bravery or leadership or care.

They're scared of success and what that might bring - they dont believe it's possible to push the boundaries and get vertigo whenever the real possibility of success gets into view.

We've flattered ourselves for years now - flirting with promotion when we all know we get damn lucky most weeks and get a whole load of results that we dont truly deserve. This team so rarely gives fans any value or pride back - merely enough to keep us hoping.

Sooner or later the mask slips off though, and the reality shows glimpses of its ugly face - it happens all too often - and today was a full-on reveal that was, unfortunately, inevitable.

Spot on that part 

6 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

That performance at Stoke was nowhere near as bad as what I witnessed today.

What I saw in the first half today was as bad as anything I’ve seen at Hillsborough over the last 20 years and I genuinely mean that.

Bang on as always TT

We are a one man team going forward and that player is injured . Dunno why people get wound up and argue , Wednesday are a joke . Have been all my life time . About 40 mins I was like ‘enough of this rubbish’ got up and Into my car .had forgotten about it by half 4 . Life is certainly way to short to let Wednesday and their latest embarrassment get you down 

7 hours ago, handworth52 said:

never heard such a bunch of idiots on radio in my life , monk out , why we didn't play 2 up front etc etc  . did you go over xmas when we played 442? we were just as bad if not worse at stoke who could have had 8 against us and they were bottom of league against hull and Cardiff at home we were shocking . the main thing whether your man city or southend is that 11 players give 100% give a sh*t, sweat blood , forget tactics systems . we have played a 451 at brighton and leeds and players gave 100% but that was against teams coming on to us. for us to play at home to play a 442 you need the players to play the system , who in there right mind thinks we would have been beating blackburn today with Rhodes and nuhiu up front? 

We are a mid table, bang average team, get used to it. 

8 hours ago, roland nilson said:

No Wednesday fan is idiotic it’s just fans have a different ways of venting their frustrations at this very puzzling team that seems to lack any real mental strength and the will to win consistently 

sorry I have to disagree ,we all have different views which is good. but I was listening to total bell ends on radio , we had just lost 3 in a row over xmas playing 442 and we were as bad as ive ever seen us play in 36 years of going without fletcher we cant play that system ,monk changed it to 451 at brighton and leeds not only did we get 2 brilliant results we also created a few chances , so after xmas playing awful with 442 they said we should ditch a winning team and go back to 442 what served us so well over xmas with nuhiu Rhodes up front and hutch and bannan in midfield 2 who play so deep its unbelievable. this squad needs a complete overhaul until monk is allowed to clear out the rubbish and make his own team I wont be calling for his head. we need to right this season off and try to off load wasters like forestieri and move westwood on , they need to go now if possible 

4 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

sorry I have to disagree ,we all have different views which is good. but I was listening to total bell ends on radio , we had just lost 3 in a row over xmas playing 442 and we were as bad as ive ever seen us play in 36 years of going without fletcher we cant play that system ,monk changed it to 451 at brighton and leeds not only did we get 2 brilliant results we also created a few chances , so after xmas playing awful with 442 they said we should ditch a winning team and go back to 442 what served us so well over xmas with nuhiu Rhodes up front and hutch and bannan in midfield 2 who play so deep its unbelievable. this squad needs a complete overhaul until monk is allowed to clear out the rubbish and make his own team I wont be calling for his head. we need to right this season off and try to off load wasters like forestieri and move westwood on , they need to go now if possible 

Agree with the fact that we played 4-1-4-1 and it has got us 2 good results against very good sides. I would’ve played the same side yesterday. That’s one thing I like about Garry Monk - if you play well, you keep the shirt!

However, I didn’t expect that performance yesterday. No player came away with any credit. It was easily the worst performance of the season but one of the worst I’ve witnessed ever watching Wednesday. We hardly got a kick. 

5 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

cant disagree with you . we would yesterday probably have even lost to Bolton or southend  in fact a few national league teams would have beaten us . without desire 100% effort a will to work you can lose to anybody , blackburn were bottom of the form table , and stoke were bottom of league when they slaughtered us on boxing day even though score didn't suggest it. 

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Our problem is we continue to ask supporters to stump up Premier league money to watch bang average mid table Championship performances.

This has gone on for 4 seasons.

People are starting to say enough is enough and we need a new plan.

Another slant is that after the first round of fixtures, we were 3rd. Apart from yesterday, we’ve only lost by 1 goal - many of those coming in the final minutes of games. 

However, 2 things are evident;

Our home form is terrible and level of performance is poor. We haven’t that quality or guile to open teams up when the onus is on us.

We are terrible up front - winnall and Rhodes are not good enough and Dave should only be used as an impact sub at best. Without fletcher, we have a league 1 strike force.

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Agree with the fact that we played 4-1-4-1 and it has got us 2 good results against very good sides. I would’ve played the same side yesterday. That’s one thing I like about Garry Monk - if you play well, you keep the shirt!

However, I didn’t expect that performance yesterday. No player came away with any credit. It was easily the worst performance of the season but one of the worst I’ve witnessed ever watching Wednesday. We hardly got a kick. 

that's not in doubt ive witnessed losing 7-1 at home to forest seen us on tv lose 7-2 to blackburn  but they were very good sides . without a doubt that was the worst ever Wednesday performance in my life by a mile. the players should all offer to hand over 1 weeks wages to local charities and offer an apology. I can put up with losing even 5-0 if our players gave a dam and at least tried and lost to a very decent team. blackburn are no such thing they were bottom of form table ,yes there a competent team but there supporters must be in some kind of a dream never in a million years would they have expected that. 

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Another slant is that after the first round of fixtures, we were 3rd. Apart from yesterday, we’ve only lost by 1 goal - many of those coming in the final minutes of games. 

However, 2 things are evident;

Our home form is terrible and level of performance is poor. We haven’t that quality or guile to open teams up when the onus is on us.

We are terrible up front - winnall and Rhodes are not good enough and Dave should only be used as an impact sub at best. Without fletcher, we have a league 1 strike force.

A league 1 strikeforce paid Premier league wages.

Well run. Not.