Monks management style

49 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

The players aren't good enough and need changing. That's for sure. 3 attacking players this January please.

However, despite their limitations, we should not expect a result and performance like that. EVER. The blame lies with Monk.

We are 1-nil down with 10 men, after 25 mins. The only solution is to shut up shop and see out the defeat and keep the score line down. Being optimistic we could even grab one. Games not entirely over.

We should have been compact and the players dying to defend every ball.

The question is do I think the like of Bruce would have had us in a higher position in the league with this 'nowhere near ready for promotion squad'. Yes.

I also think that would be the case with Pearson, Warnock and dare I say it, Carlos.

In Carlo's first 2 seasons Bannan was not the focus of his attacks or defence. He was simply involved in a minor capacity.

In Carlo's third season, Bannan was central with Jones and became the most important player to lead our attacks. The season Carlos left.

This continued with Jos. The only senior player he didn't really move out unless forced to do so like with West Brom at home game. A game we ultimately lost but played so much better.

When Bruce came he did actually try to move Bannan out wide. He must have known that him in the middle wasn't that effective.

We played Brighton the other week without Bannan. It was Joey Pelepessy in that defensive midfield role. We played well and won.

There is a constant theme here and until people start to see it, we won't improve.

Monk needs to add 3 players in by the end of January and needs to address the elephant in the room. Bannan in the central position.

Some fans also need to smell the coffee about their star player.

Good post.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

We are inconsistent that I do agree with, and we played well at Leeds but no question about it we rode our luck but then we take that.

What my concern is about yesterday  is another home defeat is the fact monk still playing the same system that has seen us fail miserably in the past few home games ...playing away this set up suits more for many reasons.

Blackburn just came and exploited our predictable plan.

Will Monk continue to play the totally inept Sam Winnall as well ? 

serious question...what system would you play with these players? With fletcher out we are a completely different side unfortunately 

we are very limited in terms of personnel due to lots of them not been good enough and I can’t see there been much activity in this window.

The problem is that we have to play to the players strengths (if they have any) Monk cannot do anything until he brings his own players in. The players need to put a lot more effort in no matter what skills they have. Monk tells the players to press from the start and they just hang back, the players need to take responsibility. Lets hope we do get a couple of players in at least, FF back who can create, Joey and Hutch in the middle to release Bannan to go more forward. Up front we have problems unless we sign someone. Time running out.