• Lee
    • Winnall
    • Luongo
    • Reach
    • Nuhiu
    • Hutchinson
    • Lees

32 minutes ago, Ian said:

Christ you really do have an agenda against Dawson don’t you.

please share with us what exactly he did wrong for the 2nd goal other than making a great save and being incredibly unlucky with the rebound

i can see what you might have a point on the first and whilst ideally he’d have tipped it over a reaction save is exactly that and you don’t always get time to consciously decide where it’s going

and despite your marks suggesting that no one played better than Dawson, you’d drop him for the next game.

i think you might want to read what he Actually wrote.  “Awful for the 1st.2 good saves”. Not “awful for the 1st 2”

Gallagher for me was the MoM for me. He had our backline all over the show.  Would be nice to have players like that......

Today was a guttless. Slow and sluggish before the red (which was ridiculous by the way) and clueless and spineless after. Only hutch showed energy, desire to get involved and stand up to be counted. Rest were at best crap. (although at least Borner and Big Dom wanted ball) 

Dawson 4. As soon as second went in it was over. He should've got a better hand to it (although unlucky it went in off him)

Osarie 3. Tough home debut. Struggled from outset to get a rthym going. 

Iorfa 4. Well below par, but not helped by a team a fannies around him. 

Borner 4. Unusually suspect defensively, at least he tried to do something with the ball. 

Fox 4. Not of his standard of late. Struggled and outpaced.

Lee 4. Just off the pace. Saw glimpses of him trying to get forward and be busy,but wasn't working. 

Bannan 3. Disinterested, hardly moved. I want a captain to lead be example. Team played as well as he led us. Wish he'd stop being a 3rd centre half and play 5-10yards higher as it forces rest of our team to play higher and quicker. 

Luongo 4. Never a red, but off colour like everyone else today. 

Reach 3. Bar finally getting into the game late on he was a passenger. At least his pointing arm is strong still. Though I'd rather he did something than point. 

Murphy 2. Pointless him being on the pitch. I think he was allergic to the ball today. 

Winnall 3. Isolated and got no change outta their back line. Nothing stuck, but we didn't exactly give him much chance. 

Dave 3. Don't know what to say apart from usual dave we see 90% of the time. 

Hutch 7. Only one I think can take credit from today. Was everywhere (which is what you need when down to 10), passed, tackled, moved, actually gave a poo and didn't stroll around. 

Lees 3. Reyt worth bringing him on......

Monk 2. I cnat fault him keeping the same team, but how he can't get us going from the outset is worrying. His sub was pointless as it changed nothing. At least change the shape or something if making an early change. Yes we were hard done by by the red, but we were second best beforehand and 3rd best after it. Can't believe he didn't change it again after bringing Lees on. Allowing Murphy a full 90mins was criminal. I often find myself questioning him more that than thinking that was such a good move. 

I cant understand how you can let a team play like that without going bananas. Inept in every department and mentally not there. We were wrongly put down to 10, but we didn't let that fire us up, we just wilted and did so meekly.  He should come out and say how embarrassed he is. He needs to start getting 90 minute performances out of his teams. Yet again we've put ourselves in the playoffs then seem to get a nose bleed and run away. It's getting depressing. Don't think I've been so embarrassed with the effort and application (which is a minimum) since seeing boothroyd and an Irvine side.  

That was well depressing. 

10 minutes ago, splan80 said:

Gallagher for me was the MoM for me. He had our backline all over the show.  Would be nice to have players like that......

Today was a guttless. Slow and sluggish before the red (which was ridiculous by the way) and clueless and spineless after. Only hutch showed energy, desire to get involved and stand up to be counted. Rest were at best crap. (although at least Borner and Big Dom wanted ball) 

Dawson 4. As soon as second went in it was over. He should've got a better hand to it (although unlucky it went in off him)

Osarie 3. Tough home debut. Struggled from outset to get a rthym going. 

Iorfa 4. Well below par, but not helped by a team a fannies around him. 

Borner 4. Unusually suspect defensively, at least he tried to do something with the ball. 

Fox 4. Not of his standard of late. Struggled and outpaced.

Lee 4. Just off the pace. Saw glimpses of him trying to get forward and be busy,but wasn't working. 

Bannan 3. Disinterested, hardly moved. I want a captain to lead be example. Team played as well as he led us. Wish he'd stop being a 3rd centre half and play 5-10yards higher as it forces rest of our team to play higher and quicker. 

Luongo 4. Never a red, but off colour like everyone else today. 

Reach 3. Bar finally getting into the game late on he was a passenger. At least his pointing arm is strong still. Though I'd rather he did something than point. 

Murphy 2. Pointless him being on the pitch. I think he was allergic to the ball today. 

Winnall 3. Isolated and got no change outta their back line. Nothing stuck, but we didn't exactly give him much chance. 

Dave 3. Don't know what to say apart from usual dave we see 90% of the time. 

Hutch 7. Only one I think can take credit from today. Was everywhere (which is what you need when down to 10), passed, tackled, moved, actually gave a poo and didn't stroll around. 

Lees 3. Reyt worth bringing him on......

Monk 2. I cnat fault him keeping the same team, but how he can't get us going from the outset is worrying. His sub was pointless as it changed nothing. At least change the shape or something if making an early change. Yes we were hard done by by the red, but we were second best beforehand and 3rd best after it. Can't believe he didn't change it again after bringing Lees on. Allowing Murphy a full 90mins was criminal. I often find myself questioning him more that than thinking that was such a good move. 

I cant understand how you can let a team play like that without going bananas. Inept in every department and mentally not there. We were wrongly put down to 10, but we didn't let that fire us up, we just wilted and did so meekly.  He should come out and say how embarrassed he is. He needs to start getting 90 minute performances out of his teams. Yet again we've put ourselves in the playoffs then seem to get a nose bleed and run away. It's getting depressing. Don't think I've been so embarrassed with the effort and application (which is a minimum) since seeing boothroyd and an Irvine side.  

That was well depressing. 

Monk couldn’t change it after bringing Lees on as he’d made 3 subs by then

Personally when Dave come on I’d have taken young full back off and gone 3 at back with Fox, Borner and Iorfa with Hutchinson then coming on for Murphy for a bit of bite in midfield. Play the game in Blackburn’s half and at least have a go

Just now, yeadonowl said:

Monk couldn’t change it after bringing Lees on as he’d made 3 subs by then

Personally when Dave come on I’d have taken young full back off and gone 3 at back with Fox, Borner and Iorfa with Hutchinson then coming on for Murphy for a bit of bite in midfield. Play the game in Blackburn’s half and at least have a go

Nowthen pal. That’s what I’d have done as well. It was evident that the right back was getting mullered by Armstrong and he looked out of his depth. That was the obvious sub. We would’ve gone 3-4-2 with a man down but at least we would give them something to think about. 

Guest LittleG
49 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Got to be hasn't it.

Not one player did anything worthy of standing out above the dross.

We were awful before the sending off and the goals we conceded were shockers.

You don't expect to win when you go down to 10 men so early and are already behind but they way we surrendered was horrific. 

3 home defeats in a row, all with pretty poor performances. Not the best advert for a 10 year season ticket!

Not the best advert for a 1 yr season ticket!

Guest LittleG
50 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I like to think I'm a generous person but these are the best marks I can give.

Dawson 6 somewhat unlucky, some good saves, better kicking this week

Urhoghide 4 some good attributes but got caught out too often

Iorfa 6 did some great things but not as controlled as usual

Borner 5 oh dear, keeps getting caught out and giving bookings away 

Fox 5 right attitude, poor application

Bannan 5 now resorting to picking it up in our own box. Given no space or time. Made to look poor

Lee 4 did someone say last week he was back to his best? Too pedestrian for me. Looked lost when he came forward

Luongo 4 Didn't look like a sending off for me but he was rubbish before that anyway

Murphy 3 Not sure I've ever given someone a 3 before but failed to show even a modicum of effort

Reach 6 came alive in the second half and did all he could to make up for being a man down. Poor first half though.

Winnall - 4 rubbish but what could he do up there on his own

Nuhiu 5 ran around a bit - more effective than Winnall
Hutch 7 hooray someone actually trying 

Lees 6 not much wrong

Yep you're definitely a generous person.

Oh man. Where to start with this. Here goes:

Dawson 3 - seemed flat footed today. Could have done better on 1, 4 and 5. Maybe 3 aswell. Would also question communication given how he frequently had our own players stood in and around  him.

Ozaze 1 - needs to come out of the side. He actually wasn’t much worse than his first half at Leeds, but boy did we get punished for it. All over the shop.

Iorfa 3 - probably the best of a bad bunch back there, but discipline, shape, leadership all missing

Börner 2 - lucky to be on the field at the end. Looked like he’d been on the sauce.

Fox - 2 awful performance. back to not wanting the ball. Hide for most of the game, when he did get the ball, he invariably lost it

Reach - 2 lazy going backwards, not getting into shape caused Bannan to get dragged over on the 2nd goal...creating space for the shot

Bannan - 2 about as bad as I’ve seen him play. Looked like he was wearing Chris Carr’s boots

Luongo - 1 I mean, what else can you put? Not convinced that gets over turned...looks to me like he tried to give him an ‘accidental’ scrape.

Lee - 3 hustled and harried, but killed him as soon as Luongo was off. Especially with Winnall upfront on his own meaning zero chance to get in and around them higher up the pitch 

Murphy - 1 did he even play?

Winnall - 2 desperate performance for the time he was on. Crazy of Monk to play him there at home.

MOM Hutch 6 for actually playing with a bit of pride and purpose

Monk - 1 

big black mark against Monk today. When will he learn that he needs to be more offensive at home. We need to commit people forward.

When will he learn that if you are going to play one upfront then it needs to be Nuhiu - love him or loathe him - our other available options just don’t create enough space for the others to work in.

Think on, Gaz.