Just one of them days

2 hours ago, S1Owl said:

Something stinks big time.. How can they come off a great victory away with all the passion showed after final whistle to a dour display like this.. I think the atmosphere has lots to do with it. After the passionate high playing away they come home to dour Hillsborough.. It's up to the fans to create an atmosphere but it's dire. 

So it's the fans' fault! Unbelievable.

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

As per title. Nothing has come off for us today.

Poor first 10 but started getting into game, then the ref played his part which effectively killed the game there and then.

With 10 men too we cant even take much from this.

Move on and forget quickly.

Its all becoming too regular, sick of the toothless performances, how can you quickly forget this trash.

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Wouldn't blame players for losing todays game. Sending off and Dawson own goal probably meant a loss was a bit inevitable.

But what I will heavily criticise the players for was the lacklustre performance. Body language was unacceptable.

No guts, should never give in, we do oh so easily.

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Poor first 10 but started getting into game, then the ref played his part which effectively killed the game there and then.

Agree to a certain extent but these days are becoming regular, not very good against Cardiff, poor against Hull and today horrendous. 

Not me but it's a good job we beat Leeds and Brighton because some fans would be on Monks back now. 

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Last 3 games we weren't down to 10 men agtee 20 mins.

We was getting into it and would have got something today had it not been for the red easily.

Like I said, one of them days.

You need your bumps feeling pal. 

We wouldn’t have got anything today if we’d played with 12 men, never mind 10.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It’s the first time this season that we’ve had such a shocker A lot went against us today, but at no stage did we impose ourselves on them Is this down to negative tactics, I’m not sure it is. For me, and this isn’t hindsight (check my posts) I don’t believe we’ve had the attacking threat to take the game to the opposition Consequently, we struggle to consistently put sides under pressure during home games We’ve actually done well to achieve this amount of points, mainly down to our defence. 
Today was just one home game to far. Luckily we don’t have another home game before the end of the window All we need to do now, is Monk and the recruitment team, is get their @rses into gear and stop p#ss#ng about

You so bloody obviously haven't watched Wednesday many times this season

I don't agree, that was coming in my view, our full backs are appalling, the midfield has no bite, Bannan plays too deep, the wingers and pathetic and without Fletcher we have nothing up front...massive problems

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Based on what??????

The 1st 20 minutes when we had 11 men and still couldn't get out of our own half?

I try to be optimistic or at least not too critical of the team most of the time but this is just deluded.

I hope we don't get beat 5-0 any time soon at home under Monk or any other manager but lessons are not being learned in other respects, like conceding late goals or being capable of getting a result when we concede first. 

We was getting into the game just before the goal, growing into it and the red card then stopped the momentum and swung the match the other way.

Different game entirely 11v11.

31 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

You need your bumps feeling pal. 

We wouldn’t have got anything today if we’d played with 12 men, never mind 10.

Disagree. We was getting on top just as the red card was handed out.

3 points was there for us today, thrown away by the red card however.

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Disagree massively.

11 men and we win today.

Nothing we did came off right.

It was just one of those days.

Move on and forget about it. Not gonna happen again whilst Monk is here.

You can’t be serious, and nothing came off right because we didn’t bloody do anything in the first place, it was shambolic 

42 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

They often say 10 men are hard to play against.  Only if the 10 men have pride and put a shift in. 

I thought with the sending off it may well galvanise them into getting stuck in but to just roll over and surrender like they did was appalling …...not one of them can have any pride in there performance today .

Yes we were awful before the 1st goal despite arguing we won't ever know if we could have got back into the game or not.  

All that I know is that we usually grow into games and every second half this season has been totally different from the 1st.  With a few tweaks and a lucky goal the momentum could have easily swung our way.

Total and utter rubbish - not “one of those days” at all - the club is a shambles run by amateurs with a number of players who do not deserve their status as professional athletes.  It’s as simple as this, forget too 6, forget whinging about EFL and how unfair life is - take a good look at ourselves and acknowledge how far we are from anything remotely acceptable.  WTID and all that but we are a bit of a joke right now.