Just one of them days

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

As per title. Nothing has come off for us today.

Poor first 10 but started getting into game, then the ref played his part which effectively killed the game there and then.

With 10 men too we cant even take much from this.

Move on and forget quickly.

Kind of agree. But... I’m getting abit sick and tired of this squad now. These constant kick in the b*llocks are getting abit of a joke 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Poor first 10 but started getting into game, then the ref played his part which effectively killed the game there and then.

Well said

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Another one of them days?

Thats 4 out of the last 5 league games. 

• Like 3

Something stinks big time.. How can they come off a great victory away with all the passion showed after final whistle to a dour display like this.. I think the atmosphere has lots to do with it. After the passionate high playing away they come home to dour Hillsborough.. It's up to the fans to create an atmosphere but it's dire. 

25 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Another one of them days?

Thats 4 out of the last 5 league games. 

Last 3 games we weren't down to 10 men agtee 20 mins.

We was getting into it and would have got something today had it not been for the red easily.

Like I said, one of them days.

• Haha 2

It’s the first time this season that we’ve had such a shocker A lot went against us today, but at no stage did we impose ourselves on them Is this down to negative tactics, I’m not sure it is. For me, and this isn’t hindsight (check my posts) I don’t believe we’ve had the attacking threat to take the game to the opposition Consequently, we struggle to consistently put sides under pressure during home games We’ve actually done well to achieve this amount of points, mainly down to our defence. 
Today was just one home game to far. Luckily we don’t have another home game before the end of the window All we need to do now, is Monk and the recruitment team, is get their @rses into gear and stop p#ss#ng about

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Absolute billocks. 

Players hiding from the game, not battling for each. Is not one of them days. Being down to 10 men is not a good enough excuse. 

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I might think you'd have a point had we not lost our last 2 home games prior to this with pretty inept displays.

The lack of fight with 10 men was also pretty alarming. We lost 5-0 at home to a mid-table team who had lost their last 3 away games and they eased off for 40 minutes.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

It’s the first time this season that we’ve had such a shocker A lot went against us today, but at no stage did we impose ourselves on them Is this down to negative tactics, I’m not sure it is. For me, and this isn’t hindsight (check my posts) I don’t believe we’ve had the attacking threat to take the game to the opposition Consequently, we struggle to consistently put sides under pressure during home games We’ve actually done well to achieve this amount of points, mainly down to our defence. 
Today was just one home game to far. Luckily we don’t have another home game before the end of the window All we need to do now, is Monk and the recruitment team, is get their @rses into gear and stop p#ss#ng about

We had an outlet and a threat with Fletcher. No coincidence that our home form has fallen off a cliff with his absence. I know he played 45 minutes against Hull but it was clear he wasn't fit and a sign of how desperate we are up top without him at home that Monk threw him on in that game.

Today Blackburn knew we had no outlet to retain possession up top so they could press us high without the fear of us getting at them as we couldn't keep the ball in attack. We were 2nd best before the red card.

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

No rubbish, not having that. Losing 0-5 at home to a mid table Blackburn side isn’t just ‘one of those days’. You get a man sent off you stay resolute. You don’t ship 5. Absolute effin calamity 

Disagree massively.

11 men and we win today.

Nothing we did came off right.

It was just one of those days.

Move on and forget about it. Not gonna happen again whilst Monk is here.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I might think you'd have a point had we not lost our last 2 home games prior to this with pretty inept displays.

The lack of fight with 10 men was also pretty alarming. We lost 5-0 at home to a mid-table team who had lost their last 3 away games and they eased off for 40 minutes.

See above post.

Nothing came off right, move on quickly and forget about it.

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Disagree massively.

11 men and we win today.

Nothing we did came off right.

It was just one of those days.

Move on and forget about it. Not gonna happen again whilst Monk is here.

Based on what??????

The 1st 20 minutes when we had 11 men and still couldn't get out of our own half?

I try to be optimistic or at least not too critical of the team most of the time but this is just deluded.

I hope we don't get beat 5-0 any time soon at home under Monk or any other manager but lessons are not being learned in other respects, like conceding late goals or being capable of getting a result when we concede first.