Wednesday - V- Blackburn OMDT

Just now, sMacLean said:

No Dack is a big help to us. We're ok away from home but goodness knows what our frontline can be like at home without Fletcher and trying to be on the front foot.

Now is the time to take it to the team. We should be full of confidence and should start on front foot. Will be interesting who he starts upfront. Hopefully not Nuhiu, be better off the bench.

Yes, great work. That’s probably the side I’d go with, although the temptation would be to start with Nuhiu after his impressive cameo. However, we all know he is more effective coming from the bench, something that Monk himself has alluded to A fast start is absolutely essential in this game, we need an early goal, and that would allow our midfield to control the tempo of the game. Looking at their side, two things strike me One they have more of a goal threat in the side, with Gallagher, Graham and Armstrong, all recognised goalscorers. Secondly, they are a big side, and will pose an aerial threat, so at set pieces we will have to be on our guard. They have been on a bad run, and that in itself is a bit of a worry, but then so have we, one league win, and three defeats. I always thought, without recruiting a centre forward, this would be the trickiest of our January fixtures. We will have to be at our best to make it two league wins in a row

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's sad but true isn't it. Wednesday remain the last shining lamp of hope on the horizon of doom for the manager whose team can't buy a win.

One minute they get the vote of confidence, and start packing their bags  appropriately and then the assistant runs in with the fixture list.

"Hang fire Tone, hang fire. It's not over yet"

"We haven't won in 5 months Deano"

"Yeah, but we've got Wednesday on Saturday"

Danny Baker once said that Wednesday were the hookers of football. Down on your luck, havent had a shag in ages....? don't worry, here come the Wednesday to give you some satisfaction.

• Haha 2

Guest Bulgaria
8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

But no, he's out there fist pumping and cuddling and loving it, 

I could watch that all day that clip.

Monk going nuts then realising he is the boss and then trying to act cool

Weaver slipping over

Winnall giving it some

Bullen saluting the away fans

Quality.

Guest Ferkorf

As much as a comfortable win would be lovely. I think we are going to have to grind one out here and its going to be very ugly.

We need this though, we need that confidence back at Hillsborough.

It starts and ends with Monks tactics though hes got to get it right today.

Up the owls

2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

As much as a comfortable win would be lovely. I think we are going to have to grind one out here and its going to be very ugly.

We need this though, we need that confidence back at Hillsborough.

It starts and ends with Monks tactics though hes got to get it right today.

Up the owls

Absolutely, but I think we can grab control of midfield

Guest Ferkorf
9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Absolutely, but I think we can grab control of midfield

We certainly can!

Big game this, hopefully the players know it won't be a walk in the park. Got to start clamping down on throwing points away at home. 3 points today will do the world of good for the players and the fans alike.

Crowd will be in good spirits no doubt, looking forward to this one

(the return of)  Ref Watch

Jarred Gillett 

giphy.gif.6d0d53e6900e72c3af849b0bd26763c3.gif

Never reffed Wednesday before, never heard of him  *bangs table*

Youngish Australian ref in his first season in England but with plenty of experience in the A League and even international football (he's reffed Philippines v Tajikistan and Solomon Islands v Papua New Guinea tha knows). Oddly he's also reffed games in the Chinese, Japanese, New Zealand,  Saudi and Indian leagues. 

He does seem to like a card though, in his 15 Championship games so far he's dished out 59 yellows, with 8 in his last game. He'll just love Hutch then. 

I'm still waiting for D-Couriers to deliver my new GeorgeCourtneyometer after Tim Robinson broke it. 

• Thanks 1