Porridge lovers target Dawson

Celtic are interested in Sheffield Wednesday stopper Cameron Dawson -  according to The Scotsman.

Neil Lennon's side are keen on the 24-year-old, whose contract runs out in the summer, but he is also on the radar of arch rivals Rangers, who were linked with the player in November.

Dawson is currently the Owls' first-choice No.1, and has started their last 11 matches.

Celtic face something of a conundrum with regards their goalkeeping situation. Current first-choice Fraser Forster is on loan from Southampton, and his wages could be a stumbling block if the Hoops are looking at a permanent deal. The Saints could also look to sell him to the highest bidder, which may price Celtic out of a move.

Veteran 'keeper Craig Gordon's contract is up in the summer and he could leave for first-team football, potentially leaving Celtic with Scott Bain as their only senior No.1 come the summer and Dawson has been highlighted as a target

The Wednesday mans contract also runs out soon and the Owls are hoping to tie down the Youth Team graduate on a longer deal.

Rangers in the hunt apparently as of 2 days ago too.

Money talks, but so does loyalty.

One will win over the other, only time will tell which.    I'm not sure we will be offering the largest cash incentive to our boy Dawson. 

I don't know anything about Cameron Dawson but if I were him, all loyalty aside, I'd be struggling right now because you are not a footballer for long in this life.   I do however hope he thinks he can be our No1 for the next 10 years, and that may persuade him.

Edited by Salmonbones

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Deserves a new deal. The way he bounced back from the nightmare of Jos is an absolute credit to the lad!!!

what nightmare was that ?...… I thought he was one of the successes of jos's time here and the faith jos showed in him is standing him in good stead now 

8 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

I'll be the "sweatie" in the south stand tomorrow block gg row pp seat 55 if you want to call me that to my face pal.

If anybody was doubting the veracity of the first part of your post, then the last part certainly confirms it.

Are you going to stick the heed on him?

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

I'll be the "sweatie" in the south stand tomorrow block gg row pp seat 55 if you want to call me that to my face pal.

See you Jimmy !

I bet you are a Ginge an all 

Edited by hugeowl
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, malek said:

We sold Thorniley for peanuts and there is a realistic chance that we will lose Dawson and Penney for free...

Would love to see us looking towards future bit more.

How much did you think we would get for Thorniley?

And you have no idea we will lose those two for free.