Pay on the Day- cash turnstiles

33 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

You can usually pay at the little South Stand ticket office I think

you can but theres only 2 working at it  and quite often there are at least 20-30 waiting anyone wanting that option needs to be buying tickets by 2pm at latest . dc has a massive hate of cash I wonder how much the club is down on an average home game due to this? I no longer buy anything on a match day ,no way would I hand over by bank card to some 18 year old kid what don't know what there doing. at least when they were trying to rob me I counted my change before they did. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

you can but theres only 2 working at it  and quite often there are at least 20-30 waiting anyone wanting that option needs to be buying tickets by 2pm at latest . dc has a massive hate of cash I wonder how much the club is down on an average home game due to this? I no longer buy anything on a match day ,no way would I hand over by bank card to some 18 year old kid what don't know what there doing. at least when they were trying to rob me I counted my change before they did. 

If paying by card don't you keep it in your hands at all time? Ie you can see how much you are being charged when you tap?

20 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Why would you need to hand over your card to anyone, it's contactless payment?

24 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

If I was an away fan I'd be pretty irritated by this. Card only is understandable. Cash only is weird

Some people still prefer to use cash as much as possible. I know i do . I go to the cash machine and draw a couple of hundred out at a time and pay for everything i buy daily in cash. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
1 hour ago, RockieOwl said:

Come all the way from Belfast but its a bit of an arse going to the ticket office behind the South Stand? :biggrin:

Even more of an arse trying to explain to the staff that Ulster Bank notes are legal tender, and not just something printed by Gerry Adams and friends!

21 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Even more of an arse trying to explain to the staff that Ulster Bank notes are legal tender, and not just something printed by Gerry Adams and friends!

Yes, interesting, barmaid in a pub in Twickenham initially wouldn’t take a Scottish £ 5 note from yours truly yesterday - told me that it “ looked foreign” - the superb irony is that, like most bar staff in pubs round here,  she’s from Poland ! 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Yes, interesting, barmaid in a pub in Twickenham initially wouldn’t take a Scottish £ 5 note from yours truly yesterday - told me that it “ looked foreign” - the superb irony is that, like most bar staff in pubs round here,  she’s from Poland ! 

If Sturgeon gets her way Scottish notes will be foreign. lol

13 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

the polish girl obviously has sense ,I dont accept them either but if someone wanted to pay me in euros that's ok I can spend them. ive never liked them as there so hard to shift. 

14 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

If I was an away fan I'd be pretty irritated by this. Card only is understandable. Cash only is weird

what will you do if theres ever a technical glitch in system where cards don't work. ive been in many shops supermarkets especially last 12 months where you couldn't pay by card as system was down , cash you can always rely on , and regards card and online ive been done in past and because im on the ball I check everyday to make sure im not charged double for anything. 

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria

Serious question... It might be quicker getting an answer on here and SWFC ticket website drives me nuts...

I am in Sheffield today and want to go. My dad has a season ticket on the north and I want to obviously sit as close to him as possible.

Can I pay on any gate or do I have to book online then collect my ticket?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Serious question... It might be quicker getting an answer on here and SWFC ticket website drives me nuts...

I am in Sheffield today and want to go. My dad has a season ticket on the north and I want to obviously sit as close to him as possible.

Can I pay on any gate or do I have to book online then collect my ticket?

Thanks

you cant sit today on north maybe next game when its suppose to be sorted , kop and south stand only. there no pay on gate on south there is a ticket booth near players entrance  (back south stand) not sure if there is a cash turnstile on kop there defo used to be ,failing that a long que in ticket office I wouldn't get there later than 130pm if you want that option.