Fernando & Palmer to miss Blackburn

image.png.9373949c018fff8c9e241ff2736a37f7.png

Forestieri & Palmer

They’re back on the grass. To join in parts of the training. But they won’t really be in full training until next week. Then it’s a case, more so for Fernando who’s been out for a longer period , he will need some conditioning work to go with that. Liam hasn’t been out such a long period and will not need so much, but will still need a certain amount to the fitness and condition side of it (required to play). We assess that as we go. There’s programmes in place they’ve been following.

Transfers - 

My Job is to try and help us progress, and as I’ve said, if there are options where we can help the squad and add to it and will contribute to it….obviously with what’s happened to Fletch that has changed that dynamic a little bit with him being out for a sustained period, of course we need to recruit in those attacking areas. But it will only be someone I feel can help us. It’s not an easy market, the loan market we’re in you have a number of clubs going for the same targets and there are a lot of things that go into it. It’s not as simple as “We’d like that player” and in he comes and away we go.

Has somethings clicked? 

No. I think it changes week to week. I think it’s more understanding what you have to out into every single game. This is the most physically and demanding league in the world for sure. We had a good period and then a bad week. It’s the mentality to respond. So it’s not about clicking. It’s more a realisation about what we said after those 3 games regardless of tactics or performances. What our fans need to see from the team regardless of whether we win or lose.

Blackburn Rovers-

They were 5 unbeaten and in really good form. Then they have a bad couple of weeks. It happened to us. Going well, we had a bad week and were punished for it. So you don’t really take what’s gone on before in the other games. (there will be tactical elements of course. Similarities we look at ) You look at that period we conceded late goals. Then you look at last Saturday and it was us scoring the late goals. So we just prepare ourselves for the best Blackburn that can turn up and prepare ourselves to beat that.

Edited by Lord Snooty
sp
  • Thanks 5

Good news players are bad training, bad news that looks like no new signing will be any time soon, the reason we are in the championship and not the premier league is the 3rd para - something that needs to change because players have off days but with us it seems to be too many players having them.

As for Blackburn if we have any hopes of the top 6 this is a must win  and its at home, lets get at them for the start and get some goals and confidence up. 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Good news players are bad training, bad news that looks like no new signing will be any time soon, the reason we are in the championship and not the premier league is the 3rd para - something that needs to change because players have off days but with us it seems to be too many players having them.

As for Blackburn if we have any hopes of the top 6 this is a must win  and its at home, lets get at them for the start and get some goals and confidence up. 

It's a very tight division isn't it. More interesting than the Premier . Anything could happen really. Most teams are the same as us aren't they.  Nicking an unexpected win and then a surprising loss .I think you'd have got decent odds on Wednesday doing L**ds 2-0 at their place.

We're well placed in the pack. Anything could happen.

As Monk says, as long as the lads give their all like they have on the last two we can't really ask any more than that.

319909867_2020-01-1713_58_21.thumb.png.78f67713b813a365473c2d5fa09b5ba0.png