LEPPINGS LANE

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

Well that’s a sensible thing to do and the club should be applauded. 

Hopefully next weeks meeting will get this resolved once and for all. 

It does, but it always seems like we tread on egg shells with SCC. It's not like a judge has ruled that SCC where wrong on this matter. It's SCC who should be trying to humbly resolve this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Animis said:

It does, but it always seems like we tread on egg shells with SCC. It's not like a judge has ruled that SCC where wrong on this matter. It's SCC who should be trying to humbly resolve this

Sometimes you need to play nice to get what you want. If the minutes of the meeting indicate that you have been very reasonable and the council haven't then if it comes to another court case the judge will be inclined to rule in your favour and the councils position gets even weaker.

The council should be aware that they have to compromise after the last court case. We've won, the council know it.

Just now, prowl said:

Sometimes you need to play nice to get what you want. If the minutes of the meeting indicate that you have been very reasonable and the council haven't then if it comes to another court case the judge will be inclined to rule in your favour and the councils position gets even weaker.

The council should be aware that they have to compromise after the last court case. We've won, the council know it.

I agree - but I wonder if we'd be taking this approach if we were selling out, and therefore, losing a thousand or so seats in revenue?

34 minutes ago, Azzy said:

I think we should stick with the current plan until after we have played Millwall. I can just see SAG and SCC hoping it goes boobies up at that fixture so they can say that they were right all along.

Fair comment but Millwall don't seem to travel up here in numbers these days. Can remember them bringing a few to a night match a few seasons back but other than that they only usually bring a few.

6 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

When the N is full the concourse can be a bit crowded, but it’s nowhere near as bad as many away ends: Leeds and Villa spring to mind. If anywhere is dangerous, those two are.

think sag should do some employment training and go visit some other grounds ,they have no idea ,most of us know about qpr but there a lot not much better. power mad comes to mind regards sag ,not fit for purpose. 

7 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

When the N is full the concourse can be a bit crowded, but it’s nowhere near as bad as many away ends: Leeds and Villa spring to mind. If anywhere is dangerous, those two are.

What about QPR then...that's a disaster waiting to happen

Has the judge made a ruling on legal costs yet? I thought a date had been set for this.

If not it might well be in the clubs interests to portray itself as the co operative, reasonable party in all this. Hence the temporary continuance of the status quo.

36 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

What about QPR then...that's a disaster waiting to happen

Too right mate.

Any slight 'issue' in that concourse and it would be lethal, if there was a fire or anything similar there would be multiple deaths no question.

There is only one exit at the extreme corner that the entire away end have to use. 

Anywhere else but London and that ground (or that end) would be closed.

Hillsborough's absolute worst exit arrangement is a million times better than that. 

4 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Fair comment but Millwall don't seem to travel up here in numbers these days. Can remember them bringing a few to a night match a few seasons back but other than that they only usually bring a few.

They usually designate one or two away matches as their 'jolly boys outings', where they re live old 'glories', try & live up to their old reputation & take a healthy number (compared to the minimal amount they usually take).

Think we were designated that time the trams got smashed up.

All I can hear in my head is Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon saying "Trams don't hit back".   :ph34r:

• Haha 1

I don't quite understand ...How...If a prohibition  order was found to be..."Invalid"...forget the "Wording" bit..but found to be "Invalid"...How can it be carried out?

Seriously....

Surely I can walk down The lepp on saturday...armed with this particular fact?

"Excuse me Mr wednesday fan...You are not allowed down here due to the prohibition notice"

"The Invalid one...?"

"Thats the thingy"

"Its not valid"

"Thats not the point"

"Well legally , I think it might be on account of its invalid"

"So you have a disabled card"

"I think you are missing the point................

3 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

They usually designate one or two away matches as their 'jolly boys outings', where they re live old 'glories', try & live up to their old reputation & take a healthy number (compared to the minimal amount they usually take).

Think we were designated that time the trams got smashed up.

All I can hear in my head is Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon saying "Trams don't hit back".   :ph34r:

Agree Rob. Didn't want to mention their Jolly boys Outings or Red Letter days for fear of loads of Del boy references being posted :biggrin:

• Haha 2