Fox - Deal or No Deal?

Fox is one of those where you could use the old argument of "we need better if we are serious of challenging for top 2"

On the flip side you ask who then? Who could we get who's available within our budget and is better than Fox. I can't think of any 

New deal should be offered for me whilst also looking for some good competition for him to keep him on his toes. 

Real question is would he want to stay?

Arguably been one of our most consistent and most improved players ever since half way through last season. If he stays in form and injury free, he could end up being our player of the season. Deservedly as won over his doubters and deserves a new deal. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes it into the Welsh squad for the Euro's too.

Absolute no brainer to offer him a deal.

He's been one of our most consistent performers this season, and has proven himself to be a sound Championship full back.

He'll be in demand.

His skillset suits Monk's philosophy as well. He's a full back who's strong aerially, and main strength is his ability when defending. He's not a marauding, attacking full back that so many managers like these days, but he offers a good support option for Harris. 

Two year deal for a player currently in his peak age is a must.

I think it's the wrong question.

Does Fox want to sign a new contract for us?   Clearly, one will be offered - probably equal or better terms, but does Fox want to stay or does he fancy his chances (and possibly a bigger pay rise) elsewhere?

All things equal, I think i've seen on the pitch that Fox is enjoying himself recently.  Based on that I think he'll sign a new contract, and that's good for both parties.

Since he’s been managed by Bruce and Monk he has improved a lot and more like the player that was attracting attention in his early Charlton days. So we need to keep him as replacing him for another championship standard left back might not be easy/cheap 

Keep, like Costello said, the lads got character, we need someone with bottle to back Reach up, who will hopefully stay on the left.

As for people saying a 1 or 2 year contract, why would he sign a 'short' term contract at 26?

We should offer him 3 years, if he carries on improving he'll still be a saleable asset after 1 or 2 years.

Edited by Weshallovercome

100% deal, he looks a bit gormless but right now that's the only thing I've got against him. 

The passion he is showing, his strength of character, his ability to cross a ball and frequently be in the right place to clear one of the line are some of the many qualities he has. 

Rather keep hold of him than sign another Urby. 

16 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

It takes a lot of character to turn things around like he has.. well worth a contract..

This is a great point. We need a squad of players with strong character and he has showed he has it. Hasn't hidden under pressure.