3 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

An Argentinian winger with an Italian passport, what's the worst that could happen :biggrin:

Just wait and see what some people say if he gets a long term injury which happens to include Christmas...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Does that make Borner a Paxo signing?  A player we'd never heard of from an unknown foreign 2nd Division side.  Not to shabby if he was.

Indeed but have you watch any German second division games the standard of play is very good and is very similar in standard to the Championship in England.

The Italian 3rd division as I said did not know if that existed and I have look into the team we sign this guy from they were in the amateur leagues until 2017 when they got promoted to Serie C, The standard of the league by all accounts is not very strong. 

So yes Borner very good signing and solid payer, Hildigado (if that's right) I will be surprised if we every see him play a first team game, but as always I do hope I am wrong and he is a world beater. 

8 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Usual negative response from the usual brigade 

Welsh owl posted? Not checked yet

9 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Welsh owl posted? Not checked yet

Be still in bed pal 

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but have you watch any German second division games the standard of play is very good and is very similar in standard to the Championship in England.

The Italian 3rd division as I said did not know if that existed and I have look into the team we sign this guy from they were in the amateur leagues until 2017 when they got promoted to Serie C, The standard of the league by all accounts is not very strong. 

So yes Borner very good signing and solid payer, Hildigado (if that's right) I will be surprised if we every see him play a first team game, but as always I do hope I am wrong and he is a world beater. 

Love the usual caveat at the end of your posts 

Shows you really love the club 

• Haha 2

A very good dribbler. Get him in the U23's and teach him that he only has to beat each player once. After that he should be a fantastic addition. Bring him on in the last 20 minutes to run rings round a tiring defence. That's promotion sorted.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Usual negative response from the usual brigade 

I do love the happy clappers too we could sign a hybrid of Franny Jeffers and Jay Bothroyd and the happy clappers would rave about him being the best player ever to grace the pitch instead of say what he actually is a waste of money.

I am sorry if I don't get excited by the signing of a Italian 3rd division player I have never heard of before. Excuse me for wanting us to sign a striker that we need to challenge for the top 6 or bring in a full back for cover should one of the one we have get injured, or a central midfield box to box player that we have been missing since Keiren Lee before his very bad injuries. These are key areas that continue to not be address. But that's me negative nelly. :bullen:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I do love the happy clappers too we could sign a hybrid of Franny Jeffers and Jay Bothroyd and the happy clappers would rave about him being the best player ever to grace the pitch instead of say what he actually is a waste of money.

I am sorry if I don't get excited by the signing of a Italian 3rd division player I have never heard of before. Excuse me for wanting us to sign a striker that we need to challenge for the top 6 or bring in a full back for cover should one of the one we have get injured, or a central midfield box to box player that we have been missing since Keiren Lee before his very bad injuries. These are key areas that continue to not be address. But that's me negative nelly. :bullen:

Happy clappers?  Seriously.  Are you 6 years old?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Minton said:

Some The same folk said that about Urghohide...

There

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm also interested to know about his tattoo of a beekeeper carrying a large swag bag on his shoulder.

2020-01-16 00.26.10.png

Is that Dirty Mc Squirty out of The Perishers in The Mirror

Dem Blades signed an unknown player from Alfreton (I think) and went on to earn £5m from his sale and resale valuation.

This after he made only a handful of appearances for their 1st team.

The kids only 20 yo hasn't cost us a fortune, what's the problem?.

• Agree 3

Crikey. This much moaning about what is essentially a development player signing. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Because you haven't heard of some one just means that you cannot find any positive info on google 

I get sick of highlight videos. They really don't prove anything about a player. They are complete nonsense and hold no ground whatsoever. So stop looking at them and grow up!

What's his FIFA 20 rating though?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, poite said:

I get sick of highlight videos. They really don't prove anything about a player. They are complete nonsense and hold no ground whatsoever. So stop looking at them and grow up!

What's his FIFA 20 rating though?

Do you want me to put a Stevy May highlight reel on - on youtube he should be playing for Barcelona not St Johnstone. :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Good job we didn’t follow up on Jaap Stams trial when he was 19. We didn’t really need defenders back then, proper bullet dodged there :rolleyes:

Glad we got rid of Jamie Vardy from the academy. We already had strikers back then. Why would we need to develop potentially great players, when we already had average ones. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Club signed what they believe is a talented player to play for our U-23 team. Really don't see any problems with this "kind" of signings.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I really don't like the idea of a 20 year old looking to play for the U-23's.

Personally I think the U-23's has given an inflated squad.

Surely when you get to the age of 19 you wan't to be playing first team football.

Hope he does well, doubt we will see him in first team action.

Well, we brought fella from AFC Wimbledon in the same way. Not looking like a bad deal for us so far, is it...

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

Good job we didn’t follow up on Jaap Stams trial when he was 19. We didn’t really need defenders back then, proper bullet dodged there :rolleyes:

Look I love the owls but our recruitment has been pretty crap since the 90's but then we didn't sign a lot of player we should, now we just sign a lot of player we shouldn't.

From the 90's we had Stam on trial but was a left back then, then Cantona saga not playing on grass, we went to Celtic to sign Gorge Cadetta and came back with DiCanio and sacrificed Regi Blinker in the process - can you remember the Regi Wigs (before Chelsea copied us with the Gullitt Wigs)

With all the crap going on off the pitch the team need to focus on the games and the fans need a lift that a new signing for the first team would give.

Instead we get the 10yrs farce idea and the signing of a kid from the Italian 3rd division.

In other news Huddersfield sign Andy King on loan from Leicester a good solid Championship quality central midfielder would have been a good signing for us.

• Haha 1