Does Forestieri deserve a shirt when he decides he is fit to play?

Does Forestieri deserve a shirt when he decides he is fit to play?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. Does Forestieri deserve a shirt when he decides he is fit to play?

• Yes
    • No

15 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

He deserves one just as much as any other player in the squad.

Bad attitude or not he is way better than rhodes or winnall upfront.

When on form he is one of the best players in this league.

Put your pitch forks away boys

when you're selecting a 'TEAM' sometimes you'll have the scenario where you pick or ignore the incredibly talented awkward b***ard.

I've always gone for allowing them the opportunity to put things behind them, and to shine, as opposed to cutting my nose off (as I only have one).

IF I don't play the 'talented' one, then I fill his place with another average player and lessen the 'TEAM'.

IF I have his equal in skills and effectiveness, then he can sit it out and wait for his opportunity, and when it comes be told 'you have it in you, go out there and make it count'.

46 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

when you're selecting a 'TEAM' sometimes you'll have the scenario where you pick or ignore the incredibly talented awkward b***ard.

I've always gone for allowing them the opportunity to put things behind them, and to shine, as opposed to cutting my nose off (as I only have one).

IF I don't play the 'talented' one, then I fill his place with another average player and lessen the 'TEAM'.

IF I have his equal in skills and effectiveness, then he can sit it out and wait for his opportunity, and when it comes be told 'you have it in you, go out there and make it count'.

And then if he doesn't at what point to you say " you've been given your chance but blown it...no thanks " 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

Our game has evolved, we don't need him anymore. I'm hoping we ship him out before the transfer window closes.

Wouldn’t you have him on the bench ? Surely offers something different than most of our players ?

I think and have always thought that FF is the best player we have in the squad,ie most skillful,exciting,can win you games,other teams are terrified of him player,not since Waddle,Carbone and Di Canio have we had a more exciting player.Even Fletch and Bannan says he's most skillful player in the squad,,,,,BUT to say does he deserve a shirt,IMO no player deserves a shirt unless its earnt simple,and Monk will decide that.As for "When he decides he's fit"????give over,a player in his last year of contract dosent want to play??think he'd be more eager to play to earn s new one or put himself in shop window...He has some crap luck tho last 2 seasons with his knee,we'd have seen FF of old if not for that....

By the way i voted NO,prove yaself get  on bench 1st,cant just walk in.....UTO

Absolutely no way 

has consistently took the pi55

out of fans with his attitude 

This is a player who earns the equivalent of the cost of 50 adult season tickets each week !! 

He is a disgrace to the fans who save and go without to watch our club 

I am fully aware he is a fantastic player when he wants to be , but that just adds insult to injury 

i know we have players of limited abilities but graft there nuts off when given the opportunity 

never ever again should he or any other player of similar ilk be allowed to pull on our shirt EVER !!

5 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

And then if he doesn't at what point to you say " you've been given your chance but blown it...no thanks " 

There you have it

How long do you jump through hoops cos someone might actually do what they are paid to bloody do?

I don't think Forestieri has played too badly when he's come on this season, but he tends to try and overdo it sometimes, maybe because his time on the field is limited,  in fact that probably doesn't help with niggling injuries

He's got the talent, but theres a commitment question

6 hours ago, Vic Flange said:

That poll is quite telling. A year ago I would have expected it to be well above 90% yes, if not very close to 100%.

Kind of says how disappointed many fans have become with his attitude towards the club.

I would assume like many other fans he used to be one of my favourite players and looked forward to watching him. But to be honest I am not bothered whether I see him in a blue and white shirt ever again.

I would have thought it would have split the fanbase more, but I think like with the EU - those with strong opinions on this one remain silent and just turn up to vote, whilst those wanting to stay get noisy and in your face.

I think when you use the word "disappointed", that most accurately describes my thoughts on FF.     

Edited by Salmonbones

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

There's another way..find a club run by dreamers who think they can do something with him..

Nobody should ever be considered bigger than the club, or earn a shirt without deserving it. However GM would be a fool not to try and harness what he has to offer. Particularly when our options are so limited. 

8 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

Firstly, the medical team will decide when he is fit to play and secondly, the manager will decide if he will be picked. It's nothing to do with you.

Absolutely nothing to do with me, or any other fan for that matter.

However our current manager has openly said about two of our players - one being FF, that he is dictating if he is fit to train or play himself, not the medical team.

The fact the manager is willing to come out and say that speaks volumes to me.