A12owl

Happy Birthday Fernando

I'm surprised this hasn't been quoted before now.

He's 30 today..

Happy Birthday Fernando .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How long has he got off for his birthday then, 2-3 weeks? 

• Haha 1

Sad, I am his biggest fan, but he has a lot to do to be in our hearts again. 

• Agree 1

I just want to see him in our match day squad 

I’m always more hopeful when FF is about 

• Agree 2

Just now, Pale Rider said:

Sad, I am his biggest fan, but he has a lot to do to be in our hearts again. 

Perhaps when he gets a chance to play he will show his skills and ability and show what we have missed with him being injured .

Until he is fully fit then it's unfair to judge him.

Positive to see him out on the training grounds again with the team, let's hope he can come good again. I'm not going to be difficult to give someone another chance if they show commitment and give their all to succeed and help the team.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, A12owl said:

He's 30 today..

Unfortunately its probably not been quoted before now as people are getting a bit bored of his situation and lack of games for us. You can pick up on previous threads the frustration across what feels like >50% of the fan base and although I think he's a top quality player I'm also close to reaching that stage. 

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, A12owl said:

He's 30 today..

Time he grew up.

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Salmonbones said:

Time he grew up.

He's been injured.

Why do you say that?

If he grew up then we wouldn't need Nuhiu.

lol

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Positive to see him out on the training grounds again with the team, let's hope he can come good again. I'm not going to be difficult to give someone another chance if they show commitment and give their all to succeed and help the team.

This!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Time he grew up.

Hit the nail on the head!! Quality player and probably my favourite in recent times but at 30 years old he just seems happy to draw the owls foundation draw for £30k a week. 

Most players would be busting a gut to get fit and get back in the side at his age he just appears to have minimal interest in doing so. 

• Agree 1

Happy birthday Nando, here’s hoping 2020 is big for you and us!

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

He's been injured.

Why do you say that?

If he grew up then we wouldn't need Nuhiu.

lol

I remember waiting for Hirst to get fit, Waddle to get fit - a few others.   I remember waiting (I think twice) for Pearson to come back from a broken leg - they had my respect because they wanted on the pitch.   I'm sure I could make a long list of those I used to like watching who would do their utmost to get back playing, hell - look at Kieran Lee who was so happy just to get back on the pitch after so long out.

Far too many these days just want the cash in their back pocket and to do the bare minimum.   

I want to get behind FF, i'm just finding it very hard to right now.

2 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Unfortunately its probably not been quoted before now as people are getting a bit bored of his situation and lack of games for us. You can pick up on previous threads the frustration across what feels like >50% of the fan base and although I think he's a top quality player I'm also close to reaching that stage. 

I just don't get the vitriole against Fernando . Hes had a series of bad injuries which he has had to recover from. Injuries possibly not dealt with correctly by a previous manager/s.

He's been accused of racial comments from which he was cleared by the Law of the Land.

He was then punished for a crime which nobody could or did prove. 

He made a comeback after being injured for ages then got another unfortunate injury. 

Why on earth can't people get over the Norwichgate thing and let him get on with his job and support him.

We have never needed the skills which he undoubtedly has than we do this season. Sh*t or bust for the premiership this season.

He has/is being paid by the club and could bring success which we all want.

Support the man he is a Sheffield Wednesday player.

• Agree 4

Happy Birthday Fernando everybody on owlstalk hates you apart from me a12 and a few others lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Why on earth can't people get over the Norwichgate thing and let him get on with his job and support him.

Because he has never in my opinion paid his debt back to the club and supporters for that incident and his subsequent pay rise.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Hit the nail on the head!! Quality player and probably my favourite in recent times but at 30 years old he just seems happy to draw the owls foundation draw for £30k a week. 

Most players would be busting a gut to get fit and get back in the side at his age he just appears to have minimal interest in doing so. 

What makes you say he is happy just to make the Foundation draw.

Have you interviewed him and asked him. Has anybody else spoken to him and asked him how he is progressing with his injury and if he is looking forward to getting back on the pitch?

How do you know he hasn't been busting a gut to get fit. Are you watching his daily training routines?

How does he have minimal interest in returning to the playing squad ?

I know you said some positive things about him but others just criticise him all the time.

Apologies for using your post to vent my anger at those who continually moan about him.

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I just don't get the vitriole against Fernando . Hes had a series of bad injuries which he has had to recover from. Injuries possibly not dealt with correctly by a previous manager/s.

He's been accused of racial comments from which he was cleared by the Law of the Land.

He was then punished for a crime which nobody could or did prove. 

He made a comeback after being injured for ages then got another unfortunate injury. 

We have never needed the skills which he undoubtedly has than we do this season. Sh*t or bust for the premiership this season.

He has/is being paid by the club and could bring success which we all want.

Support the man he is a Sheffield Wednesday player.

I think it's a combination of a few things. Some will never forgive what happened at Norwich as he's in a privileged position and reacted how he did. Irrespective of your thoughts you shouldn't take a stance to refuse to play for a club and fan base that pay your wage. I forgave him knowing he's capable of changing games at the drop of a hat which cn only benefit us. You then hear comments from his fellow pros (apparently) about effort and work ethic and add to this he hasn't played for 3/4 of the last 2 seasons and people give up and lose hope and patience. Shame as he's the best players weve had for many years. Think most of us would love him to come back to the player he was and have a proper run without any injuries...but, feels as though his time is running out.