10 year season tickets!

1 minute ago, The Regulator said:

This happened at Leeds who did a 25 year one when things were going well In the 90s. My brother in law bought one and there were “issues” when Leeds went into administration. Think they ended up honouring them in the end but there were no guarantees that they wouldn’t just become unsecured creditors.

With our reputation of handling the financial side of football and strange dealings from one pocket to another, I wouldn't be surprised if something happened in the forthcoming years. Unless we get promoted, of course..

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Even if you have got that money lying around it’s a hell of a commitment though - any sort of change in circumstances on your part e.g. job offer in another city/country and all of a sudden you’ve being tied down by what essentially amounts to a £5,000 investment in your football club.

You can sell back a year at a time.  So you could technically loan the club that money and get a tenth of it back each year.  If you wanted to.

Enjoying the underlying 'Wednesdayness' of this thread.

Chansiri: how do you feel about a ticket which guarantees promotion within 10 years or free season tickets until we do attain it?!

Wednesday fans: Sounds shiit. Typical Wednesday. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Here's a novel idea. Why didn't DC just run the club sustainably? :duntmatter:

You could ask the same question of the majority of Championship clubs tbh, not just us.

6 minutes ago, southportdc said:

If you lack confidence in the club, this is a brilliant deal. 

Chansiri is the only chairman in history to try and monetise a fanbase's internalised assumption that it'll all go wrong sooner or later.

What a guy. 

I meant financial confidence. I certainly wouldn’t feel comfortable stumping all that money up at once. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

4 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

How many other clubs put season tickets on sale 3 week after Christmas?

For just over 3 weeks too effectively meaning part of your first pay packet after Christmas goes on this!

I’m guessing it’ll get the usual delay until April treatment it’s had in previous years however. 

We’ll probably get promoted in like 10 years but only stay up for one. So we’ll have given away 20 years worth for that price but only have the big bucks for one of them. 

Something like that. Can’t bring myself to read it. We could just sell players at the right time instead.

Either