10 year season tickets!

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

It also worth remembering that the club once did a survey asking fans whether they wanted to maintain the current pricing structure, as this would allow us to continue a similar rate of investment to what we had done so previously. 

What the club really meant is the only way we don't fall even more foul of FFP is by doing this. 

The investment in the club the last 3 years has been (by championship standards) almost on a shoestring.

The last players we signed for over £1 million were Jordan Rhodes and Joost van Aken, there’s been no money spent on the ground, no CEO since Meire left and Monk hasn’t even been allowed to bring his own staff in.

The only real money that’s gone in has been to pay the big contracts we gave out in 2016-17

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Don't give up,put me in my place,tell me why.

Tbf, if we are paying more to watch our team than an Everton fan, then questions need to be asked, irrespective of the PL television deal. 

Furthermore, we are charing more than many of our rivals, many of whom (like Forest) are doing better than us. 

It's not great, is it? 

Just now, nilsson said:

The only real money that’s gone in has been to pay the big contracts we gave out in 2016-17

We have a winner. 

Exactly. 

It was nothing to do with bringing in new, top Championship players. It was all to do with keeping the current lot. 

I'm not some massive anti-Chansiri type person. 

Unlike some, I don't think he is the devil incarnate, but there is no way I'm going to defend our current ticketing structure. 

There is just no way that we can justify what we are charging right now. 

Furthermore, despite charging these crazy prices, we are still in a mess with respect to FFP. And our brilliant solution to that is to launch 10 year season tickets. 

Everything about the club right now is all about the short term. 

It isn't about building properly for the future and attracting new fans etc. 

No, it is about the cllub trying to work out ways of making more money out of what we currently have. 

Long term, that doesn't end well. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Thanks 1

When people say "10 year season ticket"....its actually a 15 year season ticket for the cost of 10 and the way things are looking it could be a season ticket for life for the cost of 10.

Its one of life's strange conundrum's......the worse we are, the better value it becomes

Unless of course we go in to admin and new owners don't honour it

Edited by Ian