10 year season tickets!

2 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

So like with the other multi season tickets, you're essentially guaranteeing today's prices for the next 10 years + if we were promoted you get upto 5 free seasons? That right?

If you have that sort of cash available, and the time left in life, then it guess it's not a bad offer - think they could do a little more by way offering a little more upfront given the big outlay/commitment though.  If we are not promoted in the next 10 years, then you're essentially just buying a 10 year season ticket - so i think there needs to be more of an incentive to do it. Big discounts in store, big points on season card or something, free pie and pint at every home game. I dunno. 

In fairness I suppose there is an incentive as you’re slightly off here - the ST would carry on until we are promoted, regardless of whether it happens within 10 years. 

1 minute ago, FinnishOwl said:

What happens if the club passes away before the end of the ticket?

This happened at Leeds who did a 25 year one when things were going well In the 90s. My brother in law bought one and there were “issues” when Leeds went into administration. Think they ended up honouring them in the end but there were no guarantees that they wouldn’t just become unsecured creditors.

1 minute ago, swfcjack27 said:

Also that’s POTG completely killed off, no room for manoeuvre on its pricing for the next 10 years cos you can’t undercut those who commit to it. 

It works out at roughly £13 a game over 15 years on the Kop.

I highly doubt many professional Football clubs will be offering anywhere near less than £15 POTG in 2035.

• Like 2

Just now, NeonLeon said:

If you’ve got the money you’d be insane not take it up.

Unfortunately the people with that sort of cash lying around accounts for about 5% of our fan base. 

Even if you have got that money lying around it’s a hell of a commitment though - any sort of change in circumstances on your part e.g. job offer in another city/country and all of a sudden you’ve being tied down by what essentially amounts to a £5,000 investment in your football club.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Amazes me how the club are so out of touch. Who has that kind of money or confidence to stump up in one payment. This is Sheffield ffs.

If you lack confidence in the club, this is a brilliant deal. 

Chansiri is the only chairman in history to try and monetise a fanbase's internalised assumption that it'll all go wrong sooner or later.

What a guy. 

• Haha 3