One thing that strikes me reading this thread is that some fans (as well as Chansiri) see getting to the Premier League as the be all and end all of Sheffield Wednesday.

Of course I think getting up, and staying in the Premier League should be a big priority for a club like ours but just seems to the owner and some fans that nothing else matters or is important at all. 

If the price of having a chance of going up is gambling financially in a big way and having to ask supporters to dig deeper and deeper into they life savings then to me is it really worth it? I don't even like Premier League football that much.

• Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Another thought on this is that those who take it up are tied in for more than just the season.

Customer retention is key

Customer retention of Family patrons, middle to higher income who bring along wives/Husbands/Chlildren, the very people who generate higher commercial activity.  

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

I want a 1000 year season ticket please, for my family and their future families :rolleyes:

I think that's what this will become sadly.

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Another thought on this is that those who take it up are tied in for more than just the season.

But you aren't going to use it if you aren't a regular ST holder surely so it won't be transformational. I can't see a casual fan deciding this is such a great deal they'll shell out five grand to become a ST holder. Plus aren't they marketing it as having reduced risk because you can sell it back to the club?  So you aren't tied in.  

12 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Customer retention of Family patrons, middle to higher income who bring along wives/Husbands/Chlildren, the very people who generate higher commercial activity.  

Modern football eh?  And we wonder why Hillsborough is like a flipping morgue.  There's fizz all additional commercial income to be had given how we're run. This is a short term cash flow fix. 

• Agree 6

21 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

One thing that strikes me reading this thread is that some fans (as well as Chansiri) see getting to the Premier League as the be all and end all of Sheffield Wednesday.

Of course I think getting up, and staying in the Premier League should be a big priority for a club like ours but just seems to the owner and some fans that nothing else matters or is important at all. 

If the price of having a chance of going up is gambling financially in a big way and having to ask supporters to dig deeper and deeper into they life savings then to me is it really worth it? I don't even like Premier League football that much.

Going up has to be the aim or else whats the point?

The way the club are trying to go about it however, leaves a lot to be desired!!

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

As opposed to supporters that go from one club to another???

99.9% of supporters are tied in for life  - just struggle to afford to get in at the minute!

• Agree 4

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Modern football eh?  And we wonder why Hillsborough is like a flipping morgue.  There's fizz all additional commercial income to be had given how we're run. This is a short term cash flow fix. 

Not like when I worra younger chap. Ozzy Owl Club on matchday wi a yard of ale contest, comedian and even a lady who undressed herssen on stage. Re oppen 't club that'll gerrem in. Then outside on t'kop wi no roof in pouring rain....but we reigt lapped it up.

Sorry I'm rambling and longing for the days of yesteryear.  Never to be repeated I reckon.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, torres said:

As opposed to supporters that go from one club to another???

99.9% of supporters are tied in for life  - just struggle to afford to get in at the minute!

No, as opposed to buying a ST off the back of a good year and not renewing following a poor year 

3 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

No, as opposed to buying a ST off the back of a good year and not renewing following a poor year 

The kind of supporter you just described would NEVER buy a 10 year one though would they?

Just now, torres said:

The kind of supporter you just described would NEVER buy a 10 year one though would they?

They might do when they see the savings if they have the money.

Don’t get why people think DC will take up an allocation of these to get money into the club? He won’t take a single one!

If he wanted to use his own funds why not just write an amount of debt off the club owes him to reduce liabilities?

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

plenty  of successful clubs have traded players. If you want to stay alive it’s how it works. Again why ask me about replacements surely if we were running correctly we would have been scouting players and buying and selling over the past 5 years, many clubs are very successful at this including a team everyone scoffs at Brentford who are punching well above their weight. And many more too. We haven’t trade since he got here we have simply stock piled every player. 

as for the fans yep you right and I stated that In y post, the empathy for him is still. Big which surprises me considering g what a mess we are in and the constant bizarre decisions we make but eyyy like I said there’s a reason we are attractive to rich owner/owners we have blinkered and blindly loyal fans. 
I also agree I’m sure our owner does understand the consequences to the gamble, but my question is and I’m sorry but this is how I feel why would he care about the consequences to us, the real stake holders, the fans the community? He didn’t know us a few years ago, there is t any real loyalty, he’s a business man who’s come in and took a huge gamble, if he really cared as much as some think wouldn’t he have done it steadily? Surely of our best interests were at heart it wouldn’t have mattered if it took a bit longer!?

i sincerely hope I’m wrong and I’m being too paranoid and he does the love us and our club, and listen if he was to go and sign a document tomorrow saying he guarantees to walk away from all his losses ke/ write off the loans money owed to us if it goes wrong and just sell the club at value of what we are worth without the money owed to him then I would go and personally apologise to him and kiss his hand. I’m 99.9999% certain that ain’t going to happen. 
I am not adverse to any owner of a football club gambling, but only if they guarantee they write off any losses they incur whilst not trying to run a sustainable club, and that would be my opinion on any club not just ours. 

the top end championship clubs hoping to go up don't sell their best players, my neighbour is a l**ds fan, every year he says IF we still had wood, we'd have gone up.

Brentford are outstanding true, but for every Brentford, there's a barnsley.

you and I are not, and nowhere near 'the real stakeholders' dc is, it's his money not ours, our money wasn't good enough to keep us from going out of business.

there have been mistakes made, he will likely know it as much as us, but needs to press on.

only a complete fool would go anywhere near your third paragraph, and he isn't one of them, it's more likely that some of us are.

I bought my Premier Return ticket in the summer of 2000....

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, REDOWL said:

Don't know about that mate but there is an"admin fee" of a tenth if you wish to sell back to the club. Not bad eh a fee of £450-500 for a bit of admin.Thats how I read it on the FAQ's.

maybe 'we buy any car' is handling it for him.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Not like when I worra younger chap. Ozzy Owl Club on matchday wi a yard of ale contest, comedian and even a lady who undressed herssen on stage. Re oppen 't club that'll gerrem in. Then outside on t'kop wi no roof in pouring rain....but we reigt lapped it up.

Sorry I'm rambling and longing for the days of yesteryear.  Never to be repeated I reckon.

Some of us had cushions back then.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, erowl said:

Don’t get why people think DC will take up an allocation of these to get money into the club? He won’t take a single one!

If he wanted to use his own funds why not just write an amount of debt off the club owes him to reduce liabilities?

Or just buy 10,000 half season tickets now, the money could be used immediately.

The 10 year ones we be apportioned per year, so are of no use for this season anyway.

8 minutes ago, sheffix said:

Some of us had cushions back then.

Ive still got one in the loft with the rest of my old wednesday stuff.

• Haha 1