Criticising the club for your lack of forward planning tho..:tango:. And he's talking about Chansiri FFS!!!

Just now, McRightSide said:

I don’t think my role is important - that’s personal information.

But essentially it’s the stories you can tell - due to your employer value proposition - that demonstrate who you are as an employer.

Purpose led marketing is a global mega trend. Consumers are making more and more buying choices based upon how the brands purpose aligns with their own.

Would be a really easy way to demonstrate that community, helping those in need and belief in the power of sport was part of your company DNA

Net result is more consumers due to closely aligned values.

Example: Patagonia’s purpose is all around sustainability. That goes from their culture, through their products and into their stories. Given the actual technical quality of their product, they are phenomenally successful and punching well above their weight. 

Example 2: even the most despicable companies are doing it. They know how important it is. Phillip Morris - who are the largest tobacco brand in the world and exist by getting kids into smoking are apparently striving for ‘a smoke free future’

Take a look at the drop down on their website: smoke free future and sustainable future both mentioned. 

https://www.pmi.com/our-transformation/delivering-a-smoke-free-future

Why can’t these companies just have been buying one year STs for deserving causes. Why will this additional scheme bring them in? 

17 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

FFP.

Why FFP? 

11 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

So you'd lay out £10/12 k of you're OWN money to help out two "undeserved" people in an excercise in "employer branding"?...2 things here.. you've never owned a business and if you have  I guarantee you haven't still got it...

Says the guy who doesn’t even know the difference between ‘underserved’ and ‘undeserved’

Maybe learn to read a little closer, or at least expand your vocabulary before you start sparring.

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Hopefully DC’s missus will buy 1000 for all her friends and family.

And me

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Why can’t these companies just have been buying one year STs for deserving causes. Why will this additional scheme bring them in? 

Maybe the have been.

If so - and it’s part of your future Marketing strategy - then it’s an even better deal due to the discount and freebies

And very little risk since you can sell it back

No brainer for those companies 

Says the guy who doesn’t even know the difference between ‘underserved’ and ‘undeserved’

Maybe learn to read a little closer, or at least expand your vocabulary before you start sparring.

You've never owned a business.. I have.. one of the reasons it was profitable was because I had a good nose for BS.

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

So.. it's alright if forum members comment on what's going off at the club is it?

Or do we have to get permission from a smart Alec like you with all the answers?

I know I've not got all the answers, but conversely I know I make valid points.

The only bit I hedge my bets on is the impact on the club, where I say I think it's a good idea. The rest is based upon common sense and a bit of maths.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Maybe the have been.

If so - and it’s part of your future Marketing strategy - then it’s an even better deal due to the discount and freebies

And very little risk since you can sell it back

No brainer for those companies 

Very niche. I can’t see that this is reason for this scheme.  

Just now, Costello 77 said:

You've never owned a business.. I have.. one of the reasons it was profitable was because I had a good nose for BS.

Deflect all you want.

You misread it, poo pooed the idea based on what you thought it said and now can’t admit it.

So attack me all you want if it makes you feel better.

I don’t think my role is important - that’s personal information.

But essentially it’s the stories you can tell - due to your employer value proposition - that demonstrate who you are as an employer.

Purpose led marketing is a global mega trend. Consumers are making more and more buying choices based upon how the brands purpose aligns with their own.

Would be a really easy way to demonstrate that community, helping those in need and belief in the power of sport was part of your company DNA

Net result is more consumers due to closely aligned values.

Example: Patagonia’s purpose is all around sustainability. That goes from their culture, through their products and into their stories. Given the actual technical quality of their product, they are phenomenally successful and punching well above their weight. 

Example 2: even the most despicable companies are doing it. They know how important it is. Phillip Morris - who are the largest tobacco brand in the world and exist by getting kids into smoking are apparently striving for ‘a smoke free future’

Take a look at the drop down on their website: smoke free future and sustainable future both mentioned. 

https://www.pmi.com/our-transformation/delivering-a-smoke-free-future

ok fair enough you don’t want to answer but think it’s relevant to your argument you are making. 

im going to presume you work for an agency. From the way your speaking or your part of a corporate marketing team.

i have worked in this environment for many years and kind of would agree with your stance in some circumstances maybe big corporate brands etc, I have several clients who buy corporate boxes at different sports events or season tickets for sports teams which they use for clients or families etc. 
I have worked with corporate brands multi nationals , nationals regional and small business so kind of can grasp the concept your talking about but for small business ( that you mentioned ) there is no way would that be a viable option if they wanted to stay in business. 

point being purpose led advertising for small business is a viable option on some scales. Spunking 2 season tickets a year for an upfront cost of 10k for a bit of nice pr with a small business turnover, with all due respect is about as crazy an idea as I think I have ever heard in my 20 years of marketing. 
sorry pal

48 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Because normally you cannot recognise the sale of goods in a future year in the current years Income statement in which case you raise £10m of cash which is obviously a benefit but  if you need the cash but not 1p of that would be factored into the current year FFP calculation or any future Championship FFP calculation. The income would only be recognised once the good sold is being supplied i.e. people are watching PL football at SWFC but at that point EFL FFP rules don't matter anyway. 

Your misunderstanding the deal, the  PL think only starts the clock running for the end of the deal.

Why is it not supplied until PL football is provided?

Between now and that point you get a season ticket every year

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Very niche. I can’t see that this is reason for this scheme.  

Perhaps not. 

But I was looking at it from if I was a business owner locally.

Just now, Binky Griptite said:

I know I've not got all the answers, but conversely I know I make valid points.

The only bit I hedge my bets on is the impact on the club, where I say I think it's a good idea. The rest is based upon common sense and a bit of maths.

Well if the owner had taken you on 5 years ago he'd have gained 2 qualities that he seems to lack.. but no..the fans are stupid for not taking any of his schemes up... you strike me as insufferably smug btw..

• Agree 1

I must say I'm tempted. Over the 15 years it would work out at £13 a game on the kop or £16 a game on the North. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

ok fair enough you don’t want to answer but think it’s relevant to your argument you are making. 

im going to presume you work for an agency. From the way your speaking or your part of a corporate marketing team.

i have worked in this environment for many years and kind of would agree with your stance in some circumstances maybe big corporate brands etc, I have several clients who buy corporate boxes at different sports events or season tickets for sports teams which they use for clients or families etc. 
I have worked with corporate brands multi nationals , nationals regional and small business so kind of can grasp the concept your talking about but for small business ( that you mentioned ) there is no way would that be a viable option if they wanted to stay in business. 

point being purpose led advertising for small business is a viable option on some scales. Spunking 2 season tickets a year for an upfront cost of 10k for a bit of nice pr with a small business turnover, with all due respect is about as crazy an idea as I think I have ever heard in my 20 years of marketing. 
sorry pal

All marketing investments should be affordable and strategic regardless of your scale.

I’m not saying it should be done if it’s not part of the strategy / you can’t afford it.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Deflect all you want.

You misread it, poo pooed the idea based on what you thought it said and now can’t admit it.

So attack me all you want if it makes you feel better.

I'm not attacking you.. I simply don't believe you.

You can't have the business background you claim.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

If he sold 500 - which I doubt, whilst bringing in £2.5m ish it would only reduce our year on year incoming revenue by about 250k. That’s not a massive amount for a club of this size 

just cant see that he is going to divide the money into the next 10 seasons otherwise why does he want 10 years money now? like you say 250k is nothing but 2.5million into this seasons accounts or say 10 million if appx 2000 were sold would make some difference in short term accounts , its too much gambling again with our accounts . why cant we just be a lot more sensible(like we have been lately) with very few injuries and getting shut of crocks like abdi,hooper etc etc . and then this summer or before losing big earners like Rhodes 40k forestieri 35k fletcher 35k etc off the books our wage bill must have come down already from its peak with a huge amount what come off the wage bill from july 1st 2019 and has been replaced with players earning half of what they were on. 

2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Your misunderstanding the deal, the  PL think only starts the clock running for the end of the deal.

Why is it not supplied until PL football is provided?

Between now and that point you get a season ticket every year

The STs are for a minimum of 15 years. You can’t account for all that income in one year. 

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

each to their own but not sure I would be investing 5k in a business that was haemorrhaging money no matter how ,cub I loved that business ( in this case our club). If you want too go for it buddy good on ya. the reason some people have 5k plus spare is because they are a little more cautious.  

Good post and fair enough to a point.

As a business I can buy these tickets for £ 5000 (around £333 per season). I can then undercut the clubs year on year price and sell the seats legitimately each year for say £400 a year. That's a 25% gross annual return on investment if I've got the long term cash. It's a phenomenon offer. 

Unless we go bust of course...

• Agree 2