2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

But that won’t go towards FFP in one hit as the income has to be spread out for accounting purposes. Assuming everyone who buys one is already a ST holder it will have a negative FFP impact.

What it does do is raise cash which is a different thing entirely. He could use it to allow the club to pay back some of the money he is owed so he can then pay the money to the club that he owes for buying Hillsborough which in turn will allow the club to pay him back some of the money he’s owed. 

lol

Spread out yes, long term benefit to stay within FFP over the rolling 3 year brackets. 

I have no doubt that Chansiri is in it for the long haul or at least if/until we get to the Prem where the huge chunk of TV money lands on the balance sheet. The only way I see him going before that or paying himself back is if our negative minded fan base continue in the way they have been in previous years.

I must have missed the bit where it said it was mandatory to buy one, because from reading this thread I assume it is.

Just now, McRightSide said:

I must have missed the bit where it said it was mandatory to buy one, because from reading this thread I assume it is.

That really isn’t the issue. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

How long do you release them over when can be never ending free tickets.. think about it

The tickets are for a minimum 15 years. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

That really isn’t the issue. 

Ah, so it’s the fact that they’re available to every single fan and not limited in quantity?

Ah, so it’s the fact that they’re available to every single fan and not limited in quantity?

It’s why the duck we are doing it. If it’s through kindness I’d rather he knocked a quid off the pies. 

just don't agree with this , our 3-5 year deals what we have been doing means that a new owner wont have any revenue from a % of supporters which impacts on short/medium term revenue . this 10 year offer though on paper is excellent for season ticket holders(provided we live long enough) if we don't go up this season (with efl) on our backs we could have relegation next season with a possible 21 point hit then instead of this season (unless our lawyers can stop it) its a minimum of 15 years but could be 20 years to life (bit like following us a life sentence l ol . I would have paid it but I still have next season and I have 2 others who I pay for who aint entitled to it yet ,plus missus would be too pleased with me spending just under £15000 on football ,I certainly would get an ear bashing.

I’m in but only if they can guarantee Nuhiu is still here at the end of it 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes I know you are not forced to buy one but I really don't like the vibe I get from selling 10 year season tickets.

Other clubs dont do this for a reason.

Comes across we need a cash injection quickly which if true cant be a good thing.

9 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It’s why the duck we are doing it. If it’s through kindness I’d rather he knocked a quid off the pies. 

Might be trying to open up a new revenue stream. 

Given the net sales it would generate I can’t see it being particularly useful for a Cashflow crisis. 

If I was a small business owner I would definitely buy a couple. It would be wonderful PR to buy a couple and allocate them to an underserved child and a parent each season

EDIT: 10 grand for 15 years of purpose led employer branding. Bargain.

Edited by McRightSide

Personally I thinks it’s a great idea. If I could afford it I would definitely go for it. If we go up this season then you’ve got an inflation protected season ticket for the next 10 years, if not, a free season ticket every year until we do get promoted, what’s not to like? 

To the moaners the question is, would you do it if you could afford it??

2 minutes ago, Hawkinsfootballboots said:

To the moaners the question is, would you do it if you could afford it??

No because I wouldn't trust Chansiri with my a chunk of my life savings.

This is an absolute bargain, any Wednesday fan with that spare money would be daft not to buy it (unless they're 80)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Given the net sales it would generate I can’t see it being particularly useful for a Cashflow crisis. 

If I was a small business owner I would definitely buy a couple. It would be wonderful PR to buy a couple and allocate them to an underserved child and a parent each season

I don't want to be rude..but wtf are you on about?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

yep small business would be much better off doing that rather than focusing on actual marketing and sales products lol 

2 hours ago, southportdc said:

Great value if we don't get promoted for another 20 years though.

2 hours ago, southportdc said:

In fact if you're as pessimistic as most Wednesday fans, that's £4,550 for a life ticket. 

That's what I was just trying to work out.  If you buy the ten year season ticket and we don't get promoted you basically never have to buy another ticket!  Have I read that right?

Just now, Costello 77 said:

I don't want to be rude..but wtf are you on about?

What don’t you understand, I thought it was a pretty clear post?

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

That's what I was just trying to work out.  If you buy the ten year season ticket and we don't get promoted you basically never have to buy another ticket!  Have I read that right?

Yes

What don’t you understand, I thought it was a pretty clear post?

You thought wrong.... I can't make head nor tail of it..

Just now, Costello 77 said:

You thought wrong.... I can't make head nor tail of it..

Ask some questions and I’ll explain...