Josh Sims

3 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

doubt it mate, you need 4 wingers I reckon, forget Forestieri he's just here to see his contract out. 

Exactly, I don't think he's in Monk's plans now

You need players you can trust and rely on and every player needs to be pulling in the same direction. Sadly that's not the case with Forestieri 

Just now, Ash76 said:

Exactly, I don't think he's in Monk's plans now

You need players you can trust and rely on and every player needs to be pulling in the same direction. Sadly that's not the case with Forestieri 

He played him last time before he was injured so the door might still be open.  He has to be a better option than some of our forwards.   

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Seems a very strange signing when we have issues elsewhere on the pitch we sign a player that we already have 4 players for that position. Unless Murphy is going back to Newcastle

Depends. 

Perhaps Monk is settling upon the 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation and feels we need options in the wide areas? 

We need another Winger because Harris has been the only consistent performer. Reach and Murphy have blown hot and cold and FF hasn't played a lot. Good call a winger if one is available. Of course we need other players in other positions, but winger is a position we need more consistency to be able to score more goals. If Sims can perform anywhere near Harris levels on the right then Fletch and co can feast for the rest of the season. Fingers crossed this is real.

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Looking down his timeline, he looks like he has got a couple right.

Although I can't tell whether he is just regugiating obvious rumours. Called a few for Barnsley by the looks of it.

1 minute ago, Matt_1 said:

Looking down his timeline, he looks like he has got a couple right.

Although I can't tell whether he is just regugiating obvious rumours. Called a few for Barnsley by the looks of it.

No idea mate probably rubbish buts thats what keeps this site buzzing, but you never know could be summat in it.

Thats me covering all my bases :)

Sims got five starts for Reading last season. 
In 17 matches he got no goals and three assists.

Moved to USA and got one assist in seven games.

Southampton took him and he got one assist in seven games.

Its an odd one, unless Monk saw something special in his time at Southampton.