Jump to content

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

16 goals zero goals doesn't back the 'eye for goal' statement

 

1 good season 

 

£1million loan fee plus wages

 

Na thanks

 


That’s the premier league. We are a million miles away from that level. 
He scored goals for fun in a mid table championship team. 
 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was Leeds number one target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 442 said:

He was Leeds number one target.

Their fans would meltdown if he joined us.

 

I see a few of them online spouting about us and FFP. This from one of the most bent clubs in recent years. Glass houses and all that. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sheffwed1 said:


That’s the premier league. We are a million miles away from that level. 
He scored goals for fun in a mid table championship team. 
 

Again for one season

16/17 40 apps 7 goals 

17/18 30 apps 5 goals

18/19 42 apps 22 goals 

 

Scored over 10 goals twice in his career 

1 being in league one 

 

For his wages and fee I'd expect better 

 

 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, to recap, young, fast & has an eye for goal. Worked with GM before. 

 

Not good enough for some on Owlstalk !

 

Reyt

 

:tango:

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea if this will come off.

 

But I find it bizarre that some people wouldn’t be happy with a 23 year old strong striker with pace that scored 22 Championship goals last season.

 

I could understand the “one year wonder” claims if he was 28 but it appears more likely that at the age of 22 he had matured as a player to me.

 

And as for the claims he has played 16 PL matches with zero goals, 8 were as sub.  He has actually only played 646 minutes so the equivalent of 7 full matches.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Again for one season

16/17 40 apps 7 goals 

17/18 30 apps 5 goals

18/19 42 apps 22 goals 

 

Scored over 10 goals twice in his career 

1 being in league one 

 

For his wages and fee I'd expect better 

 

 


You realise he’s 23 and so the timeframe you are looking at he was aged 19-23. 
 

You have very high standards for a club that has been outside the top league for 20 years. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Again for one season

16/17 40 apps 7 goals 

17/18 30 apps 5 goals

18/19 42 apps 22 goals 

 

Scored over 10 goals twice in his career 

1 being in league one 

 

For his wages and fee I'd expect better 

 

 

He was only 22 years old when he scored all those goals last season!

 

You are judging him whilst he was a youngster developing.

 

And many of those appearances in the other seasons were on the wing or from the subs bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talksport don’t know nowt 

 

I’d be surprised if Adams leaves Southampton 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Underwhelming signing for me 

Had one good season

Hardly played this season and will be on mega wages 

I hope we are looking elsewhere and not relying on him to do the business

What you complaining about? 

 

Just think, if we do get him, it'll give you another thing to complain about. 

 

Image result for thumbs up guy

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Underwhelming signing for me 

Had one good season

Hardly played this season and will be on mega wages 

I hope we are looking elsewhere and not relying on him to do the business

 

Have to say i agree, seems like  a panic buy as he has speed but isnt that good. Bit like madine was tall.....but not that good.

 

If you want someone who played every match under monk during his tenure at birmingham then go for Lucas Jutkiewicz.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Again for one season

16/17 40 apps 7 goals 

17/18 30 apps 5 goals

18/19 42 apps 22 goals 

 

Scored over 10 goals twice in his career 

1 being in league one 

 

For his wages and fee I'd expect better 

 

 

 

He's 23 ffs, clearly came of age last season he was one of the top scorers in this division, playing under the manager who we currently have in the dugout. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lythamowl said:

 

Have to say i agree, seems like  a panic buy as he has speed but isnt that good. Bit like madine was tall.....but not that good.

 

If you want someone who played every match under monk during his tenure at birmingham then go for Lucas Jutkiewicz.

Well, for one, it would be a "panic" loan. 

 

Secondly, he has pace and scored a load of goals at this level last season. 

 

But yeah, let's complain about someone who hasn't even signed for us/kicked a ball for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lythamowl said:

 

Have to say i agree, seems like  a panic buy as he has speed but isnt that good. Bit like madine was tall.....but not that good.

 

If you want someone who played every match under monk during his tenure at birmingham then go for Lucas Jutkiewicz.

 

Good lord, someone make it stop. 

 

Yeah that's exactly what we need another aging target man.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:


You realise he’s 23 and so the timeframe you are looking at he was aged 19-23. 
 

You have very high standards for a club that has been outside the top league for 20 years. 

No im looking at a club that's spaffed millions on players who've been good in the past ,Rhodes winnall Jones abdi 

 

£1 million fee and high wages for a player whose played 16 games and zero games doesn't strike good business to me 

 

If he signs then we will see 

But like I said I'm hoping we are not relying on him to get us promoted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lythamowl said:

 

Have to say i agree, seems like  a panic buy as he has speed but isnt that good. Bit like madine was tall.....but not that good.

 

If you want someone who played every match under monk during his tenure at birmingham then go for Lucas Jutkiewicz.

Adams started 43 league matches last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

What you complaining about? 

 

Just think, if we do get him, it'll give you another thing to complain about. 

 

Image result for thumbs up guy

Shut up ya tart its a football forum not happy clappers camp fire 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...