2 Great wins but ......

We have to become a possession based team at home in my opinion. Dominate the ball in high up areas and make the opposition work to get it back tiring them. It’s not the style we have been playing as others have said we’re set up perfectly away from home. At home Bannan need to be dictating in the opposition’s half not in front of the defence. 

Might bang on about it but I honestly think playing Forestieri at home is the key to unlocking teams. 

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Its how we play. Not the formation. 

Some home games this season we've hardly looked arsed, not won any 2st or 2nd balls, strolled around the pitch doing nothing. 

Ditto some away games. You’re right though, it’s not all about formations, but looking at our personnel, we are better suited to setting up with three in the middle Our forward options are not right, but remedy this, and we’d be better home, AND away

11 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's the end for Rhodes if we stick to it. 

Then again, we haven't really had a start. 

Winnall some games. Nuhiu others.

And hopefully a loan signing to bring a bit of something else. 

It was the end for Rhodes two years ago

As others have said -It's more about having that little bit extra nous to break teams down at home than set up. IMO.

That and the home crowd frustration which seems to add a level of panic to some of the play.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

I think we’re still lacking in fire power to be more consistent we will undoubtably drop frustrating points against teams on paper we should beat that said we know the club are trying to rectify this 

we really are not far away, could be a massive few weeks for us, time will tell 

we’re in a great position still  

15 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I do think that Reach on the left and Harris or Murphy on the right will make us more dynamic at home. They cut back so often if not.

I think that a midfield without Hutchinson at home makes us far more dominant and creative. 

I've been saying this since we signed Loungo, would make sense to play him /Lee with bazza at home games where were more likely to dictate play and possession and away from home start with hutch & Loungo to give us a solid midfield platform away from home where more often than not your under the cosh a bit until you get yourself into the game. 

17 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

Anybody actually think this is the correct formation to breakdown teams in homes? I think probably not. Thoughts?

It all depends on us scoring the first goal

I remember we used this formation against Birmingham

First half we played some lovely football

Biringham came out second half and capitalised on a defensive mistake

It went a bit boobies up after that, but we did get an equaliser

I wouldn't rule the formation out

We just need to be more clinical

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

14 goals in 13 homes is awful.

In our last 3 homes we’ve scored two goals. One from a corner and one from a pen.

Im sure Monk is painstakingly trying to come up with a better way of playing at home. We’ve tried 442 and 433 so unless he goes to 352 it’s about tempo and personel.

18 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

Anybody actually think this is the correct formation to breakdown teams in homes?

Yes. Easier to break down teams when you're not 1-0 down after 20 minutes and doing it out of desperation (as a two man midfield can often result).

Football is very much a home and away game. Even the very best teams adjust there game plan away from home as to apposition to home. The reason we struggle at home is we don’t commit enough to winning games, the midfield rarely breaks beyond the ball meaning options for forward passes are limited. Fail to see where packing the midfield helps this. 

We can't win at home cos we're everyone's cup final. All these little clubs come to s6 and raise their game and time waste. That's why we're rubbish at home.

That's right isn't it? Any l**ds fans around here to check with?

1 hour ago, Pale Rider said:

Football is very much a home and away game. Even the very best teams adjust there game plan away from home as to apposition to home. The reason we struggle at home is we don’t commit enough to winning games, the midfield rarely breaks beyond the ball meaning options for forward passes are limited. Fail to see where packing the midfield helps this. 

Logically though, when there’s only two in midfield, you aren’t going to get midfielders breaking into the box. With a three, we can get either Lee or Luongo running beyond. If anything, sacrificing a midfielder to play the extra striker, has done nothing, only weakening the midfield. Agree though, that we don’t commit enough to winning home games, and often start too conservatively. I think in a 4-3-3 we have to be getting more from our wide players. In that system, they cannot just operate as traditional wingers, they have to get more involved, and ease the goals burden on the striker

Edited by gurujuan

10 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Logically though, when there’s only two in midfield, you aren’t going to get midfielders breaking into the box. With a three, we can get either Lee or Luongo running beyond.

It also means our fullbacks can be a bit freer in attack to create 2v1's with the winger knowing there's a spare midfielder to cover the flanks if need be.

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Today is why Monk has to dismantle this squad at the first opportunity.

A bit knee jerk Nobody else has turned us over so far this season, though we have ridden our luck As has been mentioned in the match day thread, we aren’t set up for home matches

47 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A bit knee jerk Nobody else has turned us over so far this season, though we have ridden our luck As has been mentioned in the match day thread, we aren’t set up for home matches

Hardly knee jerk. This squad is incapable of delivering any sort of consistency, other than consistently not delivering when it matters.

Most of the senior players have to go.

21 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Hardly knee jerk. This squad is incapable of delivering any sort of consistency, other than consistently not delivering when it matters.

Most of the senior players have to go.

Yeah, maybe only a bit knee jerk Think we are alright in most areas, but we are seriously lack quality in forward positions Yes I know we were poor in other areas as well today, but I think it was one of those days when things just caught up with us We didn’t address those issues in the summer, and we’ve ridden our luck during the first half of the season It’s clear we didn’t have the attacking resources, despite Fletcher’s best efforts, to sustain a challenge We should have been ready, as some clubs were, to address those issues as soon as the window opened. Yes a key target may take longer, but we want two or three, so we should have seen some incomings. Our dilatory approach in this window, has been a case of pushing our luck too far. You might have one issue, but if it’s a major issue that isn’t addressed, then things can start to unravel Any clear out, can be left until the summer

Edited by gurujuan