EFL have two weeks

3 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

As I understand it yes. 

By all accounts that's when their powers over clubs are reinstated and they can retrospectively punish for historic 'wrong doings' 

They were fined in 2016 for their breach of FFP, you think if and when  Bournemouth get relegated the EFL will come at them again, which could be 4years on from being promoted out of the championship..... Yeh right. 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The premier league won't want to ruin their competition for the season and give a team a point deduction which would guarantee their relegation.

They only gave Portsmouth one because they had no other choice.

And they only did that due to a breach of the Premier League rules. I very much doubt they'd compromise the integrity of their league due to rules of another competition (EFL) being breached. 

The Premier League will make all the right noises so it looks like they're trying to tackle the inequality between the leagues but there's no way they'd risk the integrity of the competition to appease the EFL

48 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

They were fined in 2016 for their breach of FFP, you think if and when  Bournemouth get relegated the EFL will come at them again, which could be 4years on from being promoted out of the championship..... Yeh right. 

I'm not claiming I know for sure, just what I've read on here. 

If they don't get you cos you move up they wait for when you come down. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Lets hope there is no points deduction this season and then we get promoted.

EFL can't give us a sanction of points deduction and fine if we are in the premier league!

I think your wrong on that fella. 

Rules have changed. 

32 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

I'm not claiming I know for sure, just what I've read on here. 

If they don't get you cos you move up they wait for when you come down. 

It was shown on here in another thread. The change in rules. The PL will now help the EFL in such instances. We can be punished still if we go up

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Both Bournemouth and Leicester had fines hanging over them but come to some ridiculous settlement agreement once it became clear they wouldn't be coming back any time soon 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/21/leicester-settlement-football-league-ffp

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/11426730/bournemouth-agree-4-75m-settlement-with-efl-for-breach-of-ffp-rules

31 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

It was shown on here in another thread. The change in rules. The PL will now help the EFL in such instances. We can be punished still if we go up

I can't see them allowing points deductions, but letting us suffer a fine or an embargo.

An embargo would be a disaster and would really put us up against it

So what about Villa , why haven’t they been punished ?    Championship will have about 3/4 clubs on -21 next year at this rate 

Turning it into a a complete utter farce 

7 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I can't see them allowing points deductions, but letting us suffer a fine or an embargo.

An embargo would be a disaster and would really put us up against it

Looks like embongoes are ruled out. Rule 6 deals with registration embargoes and Rule 8.1 states:

8.1 If a Championship Club is promoted to the Premier League (a Promoted Championship Club) the Promoted Championship Club shall, notwithstanding promotion, remain bound by these Rules following promotion as if it were still a Championship Club, until such time as it has complied with all of its obligations in respect of the Reporting Period covering its last Season as a Championship Club.  Until such time as the Promoted Championship Club has so complied, each of these Rules shall be deemed to apply to that Promoted Championship Club (other than Rule 6).

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Looks like embongoes are ruled out. Rule 6 deals with registration embargoes and Rule 8.1 states:

8.1 If a Championship Club is promoted to the Premier League (a Promoted Championship Club) the Promoted Championship Club shall, notwithstanding promotion, remain bound by these Rules following promotion as if it were still a Championship Club, until such time as it has complied with all of its obligations in respect of the Reporting Period covering its last Season as a Championship Club.  Until such time as the Promoted Championship Club has so complied, each of these Rules shall be deemed to apply to that Promoted Championship Club (other than Rule 6).

:huh:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

I don't think they're in any position to dish out points in that timescale.

Big opportunity for the team to redouble efforts for a playoff place at least, maybe more if our local competitors continue to implode.

If we do manage promotion they can't touch us ( if found guilty ) until we drop back to the championship.

Game on. :ph34r:

In which case............Spend, spend, spend.:Chansiri::image:

Has anybody wondered at all about the timing of DC's shuffling at shareholder level? 

Didn't West Ham and Tottenham avoid points deductions by changing ownership? If we took the EFL to court regarding the conflicts between business law and the EFL's ridiculous rules and how they choose to interpret them from one team to another, then we could have a case that goes on for so long that our ownership may "change" before a points deduction can be inflicted.