EFL have two weeks

6 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

I think its almost certain we will get a deduction of some kind but its difficult to set a precedent on something with loose ends on the EFL's side as much as ours, the club are choosing to play it up where the EFL would probably wish to play it down, 6 point deduction probably best case scenario where ELF avoid the media scrutiny that would come from some landmark ruling

rs_634x1024-180709085532-rs_634x1024-131203144527-634.will-ferrell-elf.ls.12313.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Minton said:

There seems to be a strange sureness that points deductions and/or fines wouldn't apply if we reached the Premier league. The EFL have been talking to the PL about transferring any deductions when they were investigating Villa and I suspect that they would push very hard for it to come into force. Mainly to stop another QPR situation.

That would be typical Wednesday. Finally get up, start on -12.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

I don't think they're in any position to dish out points in that timescale.

Big opportunity for the team to redouble efforts for a playoff place at least, maybe more if our local competitors continue to implode.

If we do manage promotion they can't touch us ( if found guilty ) until we drop back to the championship.

Game on. :ph34r:

If Bournemouth go down this year will the EFL act on their FFP breach from their promotion season?

7 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

So if we were to win promotion to th PL and then immediately relegated due to the EFL punishment.................

Would we still be entitled to 3 years of parachute payments.lol,

I’m nominating you to join our negotiating team.

Its that sort of constructive thinking we need.

Careful of the “We’ve broke the rules, we have to be punished” self righteous brigade though, you’ll be on their black list in no time:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

As I understand it yes. 

By all accounts that's when their powers over clubs are reinstated and they can retrospectively punish for historic 'wrong doings' 

Makes you wonder what the EFL would impose, points deduction for Bournemouth might upset the PL, wonder if they would rather have a large payment to the EFL bank by way of a fine.

5 hours ago, Minton said:

There seems to be a strange sureness that points deductions and/or fines wouldn't apply if we reached the Premier league. The EFL have been talking to the PL about transferring any deductions when they were investigating Villa and I suspect that they would push very hard for it to come into force. Mainly to stop another QPR situation.

The premier league won't want to ruin their competition for the season and give a team a point deduction which would guarantee their relegation.

They only gave Portsmouth one because they had no other choice.

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Had a horrible dream last night that we got to the play off final and lost on penalties. The next day the EFL announced we would be starting the season on -21 points. Felt very relieved when I woke up!

..until you saw who ya spent the night with.