26 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Consensus is we are going in big for Bauer, so could beva budget thing?

The rumours were $26m which I would have been OK with. Should be a decent improvement over Ramos at least.

Confirmed as $40.6m I read. The 0.6 is a signing bonus.

9 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Why are you saying 2022 rotation? I don't think the Padres are waiting a year. 

Lamet, Snell, Darvish are superb.  

Don’t like Paddack 

12 minutes ago, Bez said:

Lamet, Snell, Darvish are superb.  

Don’t like Paddack 

He had a solid year outside of his HR/FB rate being insanely, and unsustainably, high. His xFIP was still well below 4, just when he gave up a flyball it went over the fence. If I was taking a pitcher I'd want the 24 year old Paddack over the 34 year old Darvish.

Even though Yu is still a great pitcher I think, if you're looking ahead to 2022, then Paddack will outperform him.

2 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Back to lolmets again. Just fired our GM for previous sexual harassment of a reporter.

Although fair play for not messing around and trying to see if there was a way out of it. Steven Cohen wasn't joking when he said integrity was going to be important for him (kinda hypocritical given his own background, but ok)

TORONTO -- The Blue Jays have agreed to a six-year deal with star outfielder George Springer, a source confirmed to MLB.com.

The deal, which is not yet official and has not been confirmed by the Blue Jays, is pending a physical. It will be worth a reported $150 million over six years, according to MLB.com's Mark Feinsand and MLB Network insider Jon Heyman, making it the largest in the organization's history. Brendon Kuhn of bluejaysnation.com was first to report the agreement earlier Tuesday.