Nuhiu a big Lump- says Leeds Man

28 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

I think a lot of players and fans have preconceived ideas about Nuhiu, they look at the height of him and think he will be great in the air.

What they realise later is that he is not that good in the air, but for the size of him he is very good on the deck and his general hold up play with his back to goal is very good when the ball is below shoulder height. Typified by his lay off for Murphy last Saturday.

False number 9 is his best role where he drops deep and links play and then breaks into the box.

I prefer to see him coming off the bench where the opposition have not prepared for him, also think he struggles fitness wise when played from the start.

Give over. Firminho is a false 9, Messi plays as a false 9. The skill set to play that role correctly doesn't exist in our squad, maybe FF. Atty is a target man who likes the ball to feet who also has an annoying tendency to drift out to the wing instead of being in the box when crosses come in(ex. Saturday). 

Bench is his best role, on for the last 10-15 mins to add another dimension. To be fair, he has been god awful this season, a 20 minute cameo against Weeds doesn't make up for the crap he's produced up to now. He needs a new contract so the cynic in me expects his form to pick up again, like last time.

Euphoria of Saturday is well and truly gone and regardless of him being a 100%er I will not wax lyrical about him as I think he's crap. :bullen:

17 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Was it White that went down like he was dead when Atty got his yellow card.

Couldn’t see whether it actually deserved a card, but the guy certainly got up quick once it had been issued.

If he did clatter him , well done Nuhiu, softened them up for the goals 

Must be preparing for life in the prem

10 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

Give over. Firminho is a false 9, Messi plays as a false 9. The skill set to play that role correctly doesn't exist in our squad, maybe FF. Atty is a target man who likes the ball to feet who also has an annoying tendency to drift out to the wing instead of being in the box when crosses come in(ex. Saturday). 

Bench is his best role, on for the last 10-15 mins to add another dimension. To be fair, he has been god awful this season, a 20 minute cameo against Weeds doesn't make up for the crap he's produced up to now. He needs a new contract so the cynic in me expects his form to pick up again, like last time.

Euphoria of Saturday is well and truly gone and regardless of him being a 100%er I will not wax lyrical about him as I think he's crap. :bullen:

Disgusting comments especially the contract nonsense.

Think it's great to say things like that about our players. Sounds like a 13 year old schoolgirl bitching about her boyfriend who's run off with someone else. Never understood the downing of Ati. He's the one player opposition teams really fear and he's always done a job. Great to see the looks on the Mardy white rumblezoids faces after the game. Deserve all they get for supporting a historically disgraceful club.

1 hour ago, GerOwl said:

Ah, f*ck off.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GerOwl said:

Thankfully Nuhiu hasn’t got forestieris attitude 

2 hours ago, GerOwl said:

Nah... important member of our squad that's why every manager since he arrived includes him .

6 hours ago, GerOwl said:

Another one who sees a big bloke and can't get over the old Malcolm McDonald stereotype of battering defenders about. Nuhiu may not be prolific (not as bad as his reputation amongst the 'cool kids' though) and is certainly inconsistent, but when he plays well he offers much more than being a mere target man to lump high balls at.

On 13/01/2020 at 18:13, Lord Snooty said:

“He’s a big lump isn’t he, It’s difficult to play against but it’s part of what they were going to do.

Obviously we did well against Arsenal , raised our game, but it’s not as big because it’s not against a big side"

Leeds Centre half Ben White (on-loan from Brighton)

-----------------------

Crikey Ben!

It's have a little look in the mirror sunshine.

• It was you who sent a carthorse of a pass straight to Julian Borner for our second goal.
  • It was you that was left sprawling on the turf like a lost scarf as our 'lump' left you for dead with a sweet change of direction.

Image result for sour grapes meme

Looks to me like a case of a player trying to gloss over his individual errors and appease the fans by having a dig at a rival club. Unfortunately for White

• The Leeds fans with any sense (I know I'm going out on a limb a bit with this one) will not be pleased that he seems to say they only try their best against 'big sides'
  • Some Leeds fans without any sense might lap this up and be pleased he has had a dig at us but:
  • Most Leeds fans will wonder why he is trying to have a dig at us as we are meaningless and White should be concentrating on having a go at Man Utd instead.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he went on a goal scoring run between now and the end of the season. The cynics would say it’s just to get a new contract but whatever happens between now and May, I’m pretty sure out of all our out of contract players, he’s one who’ll definitely get a new contract offer.

11 hours ago, GerOwl said:

11 hours ago, GerOwl said:

He needs a new contract so the cynic in me expects his form to pick up again

So how can his ' form' improve if he's crap

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Of course, hiding behind such brain dead soundbites as that doesn't really stand up to much serious scrutiny.

When he scored 13 in 18 (or something like that) a couple of seasons ago, we were told that he was tearing it up just for a new deal. So let me get this right - he actually has the ability to be one of the outstanding goalscorers in the country, but most of the time just can't be bothered? 

Riiiiiight.

:dry:

7 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Luckily form has nothing to do with my "opinion" of him being garbage. Whats the old saying "form is temporary". Leon Clarke played well and showed top form for the Blades but that doesn't make him a good player as most of us unfortunately know. Jay Bothroyd got an England cap ffs. 

Some proper snowflakes on here sometimes, we can't criticise our own players because then you are obviously pork. I support Wednesday regardless of who wears the shirt, my believing Nuhui to be rubbish is an opinion which will probably be shared by a lot of Wednesday fans but still doesn't change the fact that as long as he wears our shirt I will support him, I won't like it but I will still want him to perform as he's playing for Wednesday. 

Thankfully its not up to me to decide who plays but I do have the right to complain and moan if I disagree, that's what fans/paying customers do. Just check the matchday thread at 2pm on Saturday. 

7 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Of course, hiding behind such brain dead soundbites as that doesn't really stand up to much serious scrutiny.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, GerOwl said:

Luckily form has nothing to do with my "opinion" of him being garbage. Whats the old saying "form is temporary". Leon Clarke played well and showed top form for the Blades but that doesn't make him a good player as most of us unfortunately know. Jay Bothroyd got an England cap ffs. 

Some proper snowflakes on here sometimes, we can't criticise our own players because then you are obviously pork. I support Wednesday regardless of who wears the shirt, my believing Nuhui to be rubbish is an opinion which will probably be shared by a lot of Wednesday fans but still doesn't change the fact that as long as he wears our shirt I will support him, I won't like it but I will still want him to perform as he's playing for Wednesday. 

Thankfully its not up to me to decide who plays but I do have the right to complain and moan if I disagree, that's what fans/paying customers do. Just check the matchday thread at 2pm on Saturday. 

giphy.gif

good post bud especially the snowflake bit,think plenty on here dont even see the games

7 hours ago, GerOwl said:

Some proper snowflakes on here sometimes, we can't criticise our own players

Snowflakes?

Deffo not the best player we have had, though he 'helped' us beat lxxds.

So you then decide to have a pop at him, your timing is well out me owd.

Critism and absolute bile are different.

...and btw i never said he was a good player.

You insinuated he gets 'better' at new contract time as though he can turn it on at will, which would make him a very good footballer.

48 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Snowflakes?

Deffo not the best player we have had, though he 'helped' us beat lxxds.

So you then decide to have a pop at him, your timing is well out me owd.

Critism and absolute bile are different.

...and btw i never said he was a good player.

You insinuated he gets 'better' at new contract time as though he can turn it on at will, which would make him a very good footballer.

Only bile I saw was from people defending Atty. My post was a reply to someone suggesting Dave could play as a false 9 and also to the many, many Big Dave > Zlatan (slightly hyperbolic) posts. No-one is devoid of criticism, irrespective of what the timing is, especially on a fan forum. Rhodes received some deserved praise for his hat-trick but was also criticised for not doing it before and also doubted that he would continue on so.

Players do "give their worst or best" when something is on the line. At the moment its Christian Eriksen playing like Darren Potter as he wants away. Atty picking up his effort levels and doing that bit more in training is quite normal when coming to the end of contract at somewhere where you would like to stay. Rhodes on the other hand will just run it down and leave on a free, doesn't look happy here at all. Fletcher, end of contract, his best season ever up to now. There are way too many examples through football, and in life to call it poppycock, coincidence or to simply rebuke it.  

4 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Not a dig at you mate but just imagine if owlstalk members did decide who plays.

Last match of the season, dead rubber game. Owlstalk 11. Formation and team chosen by forum poll. Those few guys who vote for MotM without watching the game, or vote for their favourite player who didn't even get on the pitch or my favourite, the sub who came on for 2 mins at the end. That ODMT would be a joy to read.