Ashley Baker To Newport - Transfer

1 hour ago, Flat Owl said:

He's a Welsh lad, so makes sense.

He will be a great signing for them.

Good luck Ash Baker.

Looked a proper full back on his debut against Norwich, maybe the opposition was poor. 

Clearly had his limitations going forward and good to see us reducing the wage bill.

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
3 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Agreed but I think he has enough for that division! 

I hope he does move up the leagues; all the best to him. He was thrown in at the deep end by Jos

Guest LittleG
3 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

What do you think Jos saw in him? 

I don't think anybody could get inside Jos's mind and see what he was thinking.

Grafted when called upon , was in team in a difficult period under Jos.  Didn’t look like he quite had the pace or the power to be a really good championship player. With some hard work he should go on and have a decent career in the leagues though.

Good luck to him.

I thought he looked really promising in his first few games, but it can't have been easy making his way in the Championship in a team which was struggling for form and lacking in leadership, and in time his own game tailed off as well.

A step down might be just what he needs to kickstart his career again.

40 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

He'll be 24 this year and he's only ever played 13 games. :duntmatter:

Shocking statistic that "Chants"...

Indicative of so called "football development" these days ...

Let's hope this is a corner turned for the club and we have stopped faffing about .....

Good luck to him hope he has success in the game ..

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Good luck to him.

I thought he looked really promising in his first few games, but it can't have been easy making his way in the Championship in a team which was struggling for form and lacking in leadership, and in time his own game tailed off as well.

A step down might be just what he needs to kickstart his career again.

Basically this, looked half decent but was thrown in at a difficult time and never really recovered. Always put a shift in and was nice to actually see a full back sprint back....unlike palmer!

Good luck

I’d like to see a bit more of this, bringing in players released by other clubs, and placing them in the development group. Yes it hasn’t worked out for Ash, or Jordan Thorniley, but they’ve both gone to another league club, and we get a small fee. The same happened with Sean Clare. Now we’ve seen another such youngster break through, Urhoghide, so now he gets a chance to stake a claim. Hopefully he will make it, but if he doesn’t, hey we can sell him on. It’s the way forward I think

If Mr C has so far refused to disclose the fee, he can tell the EFL we got £8million for him right?

We just bung Newport an extra £50k to stay schtum.

By the time the EFL find out, we’ll be in the Premier League

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 3