Nuhiu’s Finishing

2 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Re the post above, 'aerial duels' is not one of Nuhiu's strengths IMO.  He wins his fair share because of his height/size.  But he's average at that overall.

Likewise, I don't feel that one of his weaknesses is 'discipline'.  He got a red card last season at Wigan away.  But other than that, I can't remember any other time he's been sent off/suspended.  1 red card in circa 250 matches for SWFC, over 7 seasons doesn't indicate that he's an undisciplined player, it suggests the opposite.

Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 07.38.40.png

Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 07.43.03.png

Edited by owlandished

Very clever player our NooNoo, did you see the way he lulled them into a false sense of security with a cross that Stevie Wonder would have been ashamed of and whilst they were still laughing he pulled out the big guns and blasted them with both barrels. Total genius.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Remember how much of a donkey he was infront of goal the first couple of seasons? He used to miss so many chances...

Now he is actually pretty clinical. He actually doesn’t get too many chances a game as he’s often doing grunt work elsewhere on the pitch - but when he does, he converts quite regularly.

Whoever has been helping him develop that part of his game has done a great job.

clinical lol he made my day on Saturday but come on he normally is hopeless in front of goal . think he is a 1in 8 striker. he is best when he comes on in last 20 mins , when he starts 90% of time he his hopeless.

He don't score enough like all of our strikers he struggles for consistency (apart from the injured Fletcher) but he's a good option to have. He's a useful threat to have, especially near the end of games. He has scored some memorable goals, such as the QPR one on his debut; the one against Man City, the goal in the snow against Leeds, the remarkable Preston goal and the one against Leeds the other day. I still hope we'll bring in a couple of attacking players but having Nuhiu to give us something unpredictable near the end of games is proving to be handy.

Edited by The Night-Owl

9 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Whats equally strange is that sometimes his footwork is awful then occasionally he'll dance past defenders with the ball stuck to his boot like they're not there, never known a player like him for extremes.

Gerald Sibhon.

41 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

clinical lol he made my day on Saturday but come on he normally is hopeless in front of goal . think he is a 1in 8 striker. he is best when he comes on in last 20 mins , when he starts 90% of time he his hopeless.

No he isn't.

Not anymore, and hasn't been for a couple of years.

7 years on and we still debate nuihiu. I’ve learned to not only accept his inconsistencies but respect his contribution and as a result I never know what we’re going to get the great big Kosovo who can look like a world beater or a guy that’s got two left boots on ( but harsh ) either way 7 years he’s one of our own a great servant and I actually have a bit of man love for him and always want him to do well like the underdog. He’s more than worth another contract I don’t want him to play for anybody else and I want the big man to get a testimonial with us 

keep doing what ever it is you do big man 

He's not and never will be prolific. 

Tell you what though, when the ball is bobbling around the 6 yard box it's amazing how many times he's in the mix.

He's not in the box enough for my liking, never has been. But when he is he has that desire to get on the end of things. Like when he flattened Rhodes earlier in the season to get that header.

I don't have the stats. But I'd wager he's scored more 6 yard box goals than anyone else.

• Like 2

Guest Ferkorf

I've said this from his first season.

Especially when he comes on as a sub in the last few 15 mins or so.

The opposition defenders have just kept our strikers in their pockets all game...

Then on plods nuhiu, Big, Daft and Arkward.

How can they possibly defend against him when he doesn't know what hes doing.

He does come out with some decent stuff but more often than not hes running round the pitch like a wounded Giraffe and ends up giving the ball away by thinking he is better than what he actually is.

A very frustrating player and I wish him luck at his next club. Another one who has got to go for me but not before winnall and rhodes

43 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He's not and never will be prolific. 

Tell you what though, when the ball is bobbling around the 6 yard box it's amazing how many times he's in the mix.

He's not in the box enough for my liking, never has been. But when he is he has that desire to get on the end of things. Like when he flattened Rhodes earlier in the season to get that header.

I don't have the stats. But I'd wager he's scored more 6 yard box goals than anyone else.

This.... We play all our strikers too deep, except when winnall comes on (who cannot seem to concentrate on the ball and the offside trap at the same time).  We just don't have anyone EVER on the shoulder of the last defender in phases 1 and 2 of an attack which is limiting in terms of the type of goals we score.  If you analyse all of our goals this season i would suggest that virtually none are scored from through balls with a single attacking player having been played through on goal.. 

This is a bit weird considering we knock so many balls high up to the deep lying forwards.  You would think a simple headed through ball would set someone on their way to goal but we always seem to be more inclined to hold the ball up and play the more complicated option. Even if nuihu is going to be the focal point of the long balls, you would think that the simple route 1 aproach (to someone else stood on the defenders toes) would be worth trying every now and then. 

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

He's actually a better finisher on the floor than he is with his head in my view.

Always makes me belly laugh when we are on tv and we have him on the pitch. The commentators rave about his height especially on set pieces lol