Something's Changed. (We've got our mojo back)

Guest The Horse

12 hours ago, McRightSide said:

We need to find a different style at home. Counter attacking will not inspire fans.

Catch 22 isn't it. 

Chicken and egg. Players play with more confidence with backing.

Fans want something to shout about. 

The thing is...the style we use on the road is our most effective way of playing. IMO.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Catch 22 isn't it. 

The thing is...the style we use on the road is our most effective way of playing. IMO.

Yes, I agree, but also I think we have enough quality to cause teams problems. 

We're good enough defensively to play on the front foot at home. We don't need to be so pragmatic.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Catch 22 isn't it. 

I think that is true and I see any incoming players will be brought in to improve our dynamic and our movement our forwards are just to samey without Fletcher 

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Yes, I agree, but also I think we have enough quality to cause teams problems. 

We're good enough defensively to play on the front foot at home. We don't need to be so pragmatic.

Good enough defensively. But are we good enough attacking wise when teams shut up shop. 

I think that's where the issue lies.

All that being said...despite the recent blip. Our home form isn't bad.

To be fair to the fans...We don't know which Wednesday side is gonna tip up....

On top of that .Wednesday fans have been messed about more than most...SAG SYP etc, more concerned where to hide yer f.ookin' bottle top then what the line up is.

If The club want an atmosphere, let Fans get going with banners and flags, hand the bloody things out, ..I honestly fail to see how some f.ooker can cart a sodding trombone up the Eastbank, but a flag , banner or bottle top is deemed as "dangerous"..

.What happens on a Saturday?

We get two caperin' cloth Owls on the pitch..We do "Hi Ho"... we sit down.

There is nothing generated after "Hi Ho"...The Lads on the North are too far away from the Kop..Its a disparate mess , uncoordinated and random.

I mean the drummer usually ballses Hi Ho up anyhow...an extra beat, everyone misses a clap..starts again... just random clappin' and shoutin' "Ho" when it should be "Hi"

bloke next to me actually sang..."Ho hi you're everywhere baby" the other Saturday...I was gonna take him to task but I'm not Simon Cowell FFS!

All we need to make is noise...doesn't have to be syncopated or bloody lyrical....Like the 90's when it was just "Go ONNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!" half the time...It usettles the opposition...

These days we seem to need a crap ref decision...a bad tackle by the opposition...We need to get angry about summat, before the actual simple REAL noise starts.

The whole set up at Hillsborough , for atmosphere is very very ordinary

18 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

How many false dawns have we had... 

They always do this. I’m expecting a kick in the goolies sometime soon 

Agreed I think we might go on a mini run and get within a distance of second where we start to believe then we’ll throw in a couple of dyer performances as per.

15 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agreed I think we might go on a mini run and get within a distance of second where we start to believe then we’ll throw in a couple of dyer performances as per.

Start fighting with Lee Bowyer?

• Haha 2

On 12/01/2020 at 21:47, Mr Farrell said:

We've been here before. 2 good performances, then they suddenly don't turn up.

This is a turning point in the season.

We'll see if they really are up for it next game.

There isn't a team in this division we can't beat.

The flip side to that is that there isn’t a team in the division that couldn’t beat us on their day   - and, yes, I’m including the likes of Luton and Barnsley amongst them . Be honest now - would you be overly surprised if we lost either one or both of those away games which come up next month ?

On 13/01/2020 at 09:56, asteener1867 said:

If The club want an atmosphere, let Fans get going with banners and flags, hand the bloody things out, ..I honestly fail to see how some f.ooker can cart a sodding trombone up the Eastbank, but a flag , banner or bottle top is deemed as "dangerous"..

.What happens on a Saturday?

To be fair to the club I don't think anyone has been injured by accidentally having a trombone rammed up their nose!

• Haha 1

On 12/01/2020 at 21:47, Mr Farrell said:

We've been here before. 2 good performances, then they suddenly don't turn up.

This is a turning point in the season.

We'll see if they really are up for it next game.

We are nothing if not predictable.

Hopefully now, we can all agree this squad has to be dismantled as soon as possible.

• Thanks 1