Dean Smith Villa Manager

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

NO, be cause he is a good manager.

I have a theory that all the best manager/coaches were poor/average players.

The had to learn to improve and put the hours in, unlike some like DiCanio or Bobby Charlton who were natural footballers.

Did a decent job at Brentford but not sure what Villa fans think of him at the moment considering the position they are in and how much they spent in the summer.

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

NO, be cause he is a good manager.

I have a theory that all the best manager/coaches were poor/average players.

The had to learn to improve and put the hours in, unlike some like DiCanio or Bobby Charlton who were natural footballers.

Arrigo Sacchi once said something along the lines of 'you don't have to have been a good horse to be a good jockey' when he took over at AC Milan, having been a shoe salesman previously and never having played professional football. He was laughed at initially but then dominated Europe with Milan and took Italy to a world cup final. 

2 hours ago, stowyowl said:

We sined Reda, Madine and Mark Reynolds in the same window as Michael Morrison.

Did we cosine anyone?

Need to take care here or this thread could go off on a tangent!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mrrodge said:

Gave 100% but was a poor player in an extremely poor side. The football at times was dire.

His 1 goal was a 90th minute equaliser against Brentford if my memory serves me right.

Yep

Think we were only 3 points off being relegated that season if my memory is correct

He didn't look too bad during the final few games of the first division from memory but then looked a league two player throughout the dreadful season. 

Outside of football mind you, probably one of the nicest gents you could talk to. I used to see him a few times on the train coming back from Sheffield to London and I think he also attended a few London Owls meet ups?