Dean Smith Villa Manager

7 hours ago, OxOwl said:

Played for us 2003/04 Can't for the life of me remember that.wikipedia says one goal for us.

Was he any good??

Was he ollox!

Never forget that time the ball came to him on the half way line......headed it straight up in the air, came back down and remember here folk....under no pressure, volleyed the blighter straight into the north stand, followed by a standing boo-vation.

Complete motorway pile up of a defender.

3 hours ago, cowl said:

I'm surprised to find that someone thinks Roger Johnson has been our worst.

I remember him as being excellent for us - in fact, so much so that after his loan spell with us (and our desperate attempts to get him back for the remainder of the season), he went and signed for Premier League West Ham.

I think he was poor at West Ham though, and certainly guilty of at least a couple of howlers as I recall. Still, for us, I can only remember a good player.

That’s my memory of him, he was very good for us

14 hours ago, LittleG said:

I made a very clear reference that the aforementioned player had been the subject of previous posts on the subject of managerial appointments, is that not clear enough?

Perfectly clear. But it didn't make sense in reply to my post with several clear indicators of sarcasm. 

Perhaps you replied to the wrong post but no harm done.

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

We once made some very odd signings in the January transfer window, three (I think) players who then hardly featured, it was during Manderic's era and one of the signings was Michael Morrison, who were the other/s?

Mark Reynolds 

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

We once made some very odd signings in the January transfer window, three (I think) players who then hardly featured, it was during Manderic's era and one of the signings was Michael Morrison, who were the other/s?

We sined Reda, Madine and Mark Reynolds in the same window as Michael Morrison.

20 hours ago, LittleG said:

I think if you look back that many posters made the connection and even wanted him as manager before he joined Villa because he was one of ours.

NO, be cause he is a good manager.

I have a theory that all the best manager/coaches were poor/average players.

The had to learn to improve and put the hours in, unlike some like DiCanio or Bobby Charlton who were natural footballers.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Perfectly clear. But it didn't make sense in reply to my post with several clear indicators of sarcasm. 

Perhaps you replied to the wrong post but no harm done.

Like i said previously if you were being sarcastic in your original post then it is a misunderstanding. Unfortunately the piece about Smith did not really come across as that. Like you say no harm done, have a good day.

17 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Larry May. Crikey that's a blast from the past.

400055555_2020-01-1219_54_03.thumb.png.4127fbe2226563d0fe219c93b2ad24c7.png

Only enjoyable reminiscence  in this photo is the Classic Mitre Delta!

Interesting facts:

Last person to play for us with a tash (apart from several others)

And....I've still got Mitre written on my leg when of them things was blasted at me one winter in 87.

1 minute ago, helmut_rooster said:

Interesting facts:

Last person to play for us with a tash (apart from several others)

And....I've still got Mitre written on my leg when of them things was blasted at me one winter in 87.

On the plus side at least it wasn't a "Mouldmaster"!

• Haha 1