Step up FF

On 12/01/2020 at 17:43, roaminowl said:

So, after being written off, he didn't come back into the team in December of last season and play a major role in us turning things around then?

I’d say there were other far more important factors that made us improve in that time. 

12 hours ago, A12owl said:

Didn't he give £10k to Kalinans wife's treatment fund?

How he mentally gets over the problems he has had chucked at him is credit to his character. I honestly don't know where some of the criticism of him comes from. 

Some is made up and then blown up out of all proportion.  

Without doubt the most skilful player we have.

Given a period of being injury free he could be the catalyst we need to get promotion.

My heart bleeds for him. 

Guest Bulgaria
21 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You dont know if he has any mental problems. So dont mock.

With all due respect A12, if FF had mental health issues I've no doubt his employer would know and would deem it highly unlikely that the vice captain of said employer would come out and basically say he is a bone idle.

Mental health issues seems to be the latest default go to when either someone is an ass or being a pain.

I for one don't buy it.

I can't wait for the day along with Westwood that he is off the payroll.

Edited by Bulgaria

On 12/01/2020 at 17:43, roaminowl said:

So, after being written off, he didn't come back into the team in December of last season and play a major role in us turning things around then?

No, he didn’t.

From the Wigan game 19th Dec to Blackburn 16th March.

He played 400 minutes and the team scored 4 goals. We have an appalling goal-scoring record when he plays central. Less than a goal per game AS A TEAM!

We were winning ONE of the six games he played when he was subbed.

Same period, with him not on the pitch, we won four of the five games he missed thru suspension and injury.

All season, we won two of his 17 starts, and in one of those he’d been subbed when we scored the goal.

And yet some fans claim we need him back to get into the play-offs. 

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

How long has FF been injured. It's not his fault. Wickham was out for 2 years did their supporters ostracise him. I don't know. There are other top players on 2 and 3 times as much money as Fessi will be on who suffer long term injuries and spend months rehabilitating. Our Kieren Lee is a prime example. (Not the money).

Some people don't seem to like flair players with a bit of an attitude. 

Some of the best players have an attitude which attracts criticism but are great players.

Ronaldo mk1 and mk2.

Cantona

I'm sure Fessi would rather be playing than not.

Some players don't train well but play well.

I can't remember what Bannan had to say (alledgedly) but he shouldn't have spouted it to the journos.  Whatever he said could have got twisted by the journo. It does actually happen you know . Those comments should be kept out of the media. It probably hadn't done much for their partnership.

IF  Fessi has done all the things he is accused of on here I would be amazed. On one hand he is doing loads for supporters and their families then he is biting the hand that feeds him?

There will always be Fessi denounces and Fessi supporters. While ever he is a Sheffield Wednesday player then he will get my 100% support.

I do hope he gets the chance to prove the against brigade wrong and plays the second half of the season  and gets us promoted with some goals and assists.

I will be very happy.

Just wonder how the against' s will feel.

I'm not calling them Fessi Haters because I do not believe anybody actually Hates him.

As a person he is a good bloke.

Possibly ill advised on occasions and not treated properly on occasions. Playing through an injury with Carlos.

As I say... he has my 100% support while he is a Wednesday player.

The difference between Wickham and Nando is Wickham has had a couple of really bad injuries (memory serves) and was expected to be out for a long stretches due to the injuries.

Nando just seems over the last 2 seasons plus this one come back played a few then missed a few weeks injured again and repeat. 

It's like with Lee if someone would have said he's out for the season, we'd have just accepted the fact and left it, but with Nando it's very frustrating becouse he never seems to get fit and stay fit long enough to get sharp and match fit, so he only seems to deliver that little bit of magic on a few occasions over 46 games. 

No need to get upset bud. There's probably three groups on here now. 

One where he can do no wrong. 

One (my group) that are just frustrated and fed up of not seeing the real talent enough. 

The third group that never forgave him for Norwich-Gate and the other stuff that has followed since. 

19 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

The difference between Wickham and Nando is Wickham has had a couple of really bad injuries (memory serves) and was expected to be out for a long stretches due to the injuries.

Nando just seems over the last 2 seasons plus this one come back played a few then missed a few weeks injured again and repeat. 

It's like with Lee if someone would have said he's out for the season, we'd have just accepted the fact and left it, but with Nando it's very frustrating becouse he never seems to get fit and stay fit long enough to get sharp and match fit, so he only seems to deliver that little bit of magic on a few occasions over 46 games. 

No need to get upset bud. There's probably three groups on here now

One where he can do no wrong. 

One (my group) that are just frustrated and fed up of not seeing the real talent enough. 

The third group that never forgave him for Norwich-Gate and the other stuff that has followed since. 

The good thing is at actual games there only seems to be support for our player while he’s playing for us 

He looked very sharp for half an hour at Charlton to be fair, then the knee collapsed. Worked hard, his movement caused problems and he gave us a lot more spark on the pitch.

Doesn’t matter how much ability you have if you keep getting injured. This is a tough league, you need to be ready for it physically and mentally to become a consistent starter. Not sure he is.

But it would be great if he was.

On 13/01/2020 at 15:11, bigthinrob said:

Who says “He doesn’t want to be here”?

Until FF says it to me directly or the manager or DC say it I’m not buying it.

”From what I have been told” doesn’t cut it for me.

Where did you hear it & where did the person who told you hear it?

Probably from some ITK merchant on here who was quoting “From what I have been told”. 

If you knew who the poster was you certainly wouldn’t be saying that 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

If you knew who the poster was you certainly wouldn’t be saying that 

From what I’ve seen over the years most ITK ITKnowers, never actually know that much.

That includes top journo’s, bloggers, twitter merchants, whoever.

Most stab at a story & work on the theory of probability that it would happen at some point regardless.

Same goes with FF.  

Hardly be a shock horror story if ff WAS peed off with likely probability of that about 50 50.

After what he’s gone through you’d be amazed if he wasn’t.

Like I said, I’ll wait for Monk or DC to pronounce on it & till then as far as I’m concerned, it’s just more idle Owlstalk gossip.

Not really losing sleep over it either way, just thought some of the ‘criticism’ a bit over the top.

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

No, he didn’t.

He played 400 minutes and the team scored 4 goals. We have an appalling goal-scoring record when he plays central. Less than a goal per game AS A TEAM!

Same period, with him not on the pitch, we won four of the five games he missed thru suspension and injury.

All season, we won two of his 17 starts, and in one of those he’d been subbed when we scored the goal.

Do you have obsessive stats to  for every player to make everything their fault.

It would come in handy and would save me considering other factors.

Edited by Belfast Owl 2

8 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Do you have obsessive stats to  for every player to make everything their fault.

It would come in handy and would save me considering other factors.

Apologies for posting facts.

The thing I can’t get away from with FF is that surely his perfect position is on the left of a front three. He’s absolutely made for that role, and yet in all his time here we’ve barely played that way.

Now were lining up 4-3-3 more often than not, so I’d love to give him a run there and see what he can do.

obviously I don’t know about his current fitness, work rate or attitude but it’s looked fine to me in his few cameos this season, and regardless of all that we have a talented £40k a week player in the squad so we ought to be trying everything to get something from him. Maybe Monk is doing that, I don’t know.

one thing I will say is that if FF is given as much opportunity as Rhodes has had I’ve no doubt he’d contribute far more (notwithstanding Rhodes’ miraculous hat trick)

23 hours ago, Holmowl said:

No, he didn’t.

We were discussing Westwood...so, yes, he did.