29 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

They know the consequences but let's not make football fans into criminals for mere trespass, which is not even against the law outside of football. 

Who has called them criminals? I certainly haven’t. Leeds (and every club in the country) have a set of rules which try to prevent fans from going on the pitch. They hire a team of stewards to enforce those rules. No one is calling for criminal charges and I suspect the lad got kicked out and that was the end of it. 

1 minute ago, Bigger Guns said:

Who has called them criminals? I certainly haven’t. Leeds (and every club in the country) have a set of rules which try to prevent fans from going on the pitch. They hire a team of stewards to enforce those rules. No one is calling for criminal charges and I suspect the lad got kicked out and that was the end of it. 

Let's hope so.  No one has died

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Let's hope so.  No one has died

Leeds automatic promotion hopes took a sound beating though.

• Haha 6
1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

You hate our fans don't you. 

No I love our support and always get behind my club. We do have some tail tugging tuggers in our fanbase but that cant be helped.

And what sort of mentality thinks you arent passionate and don't go nuts when your team scores. Just cause you dont think fans should go on the pitch.

Celebrate with your fans in the stands. No need to run on the pitch and get chucked out. How does that make you more passionate? 

But yeah crack on

Edited by Belfast Owl 2
1 hour ago, Kew Owl said:

People know - or should know - that they're not allowed on the pitch and that, if they do come on, they can expect, at the very least, to get thrown out. So it's zero sympathy at all from me, I'm afraid.

For those people who have up voted the OP, would you be equally as tolerant if it were Leeds fans on the pitch  celebrating a late winning goal by them - and, if not, do please enlighten us as to why not ?

Some fans are on the pitch, they think its all over. It is now. Kenneth Wostenholme 1966.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, Bigger Guns said:

When you say ‘load of boll0cks’ you might want to read my post again. I agree there is a difference between what the Leeds and Birmingham fans did and what the lad did yesterday and as I said I don’t think for one minute he would have gone and punched a Leeds player.

Stewards can’t take chances though and nor should they.

The reason why I didn't directly quote you is because I wasn't directly replying to you. 

So please take my post with a pinch of salt as it was not meant as a shot fired at you.

I did pick out the bit about the birm and leeds fan bit though to highlight exactly what they did.

2 hours ago, horny owl said:

Great scenes

If I was being picky I’d say there wasn’t enough pyro

Couldve easily got in with them too... ‘have you been searched?’ Errr yes pal..????.:laugh:

• Haha 1

I'm not sure how I feel about fans on the pitch since it's probably not something we want to become the norm, much as some "overexuberance" is understandable on a day like yesterday, but as a general point I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of away matches where I've thought the stewarding was sensible and proportionate.

2 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Load of boll0cks...

Go to the game enjoy yourself

Theres a difference between the leeds fan and the birmingham fan.

They literally ran onto the pitch with the intentions of hurting someone.

By 'ran on the pitch' they literally RAN ON THE PITCH.

Not jump over the Ad board and stand there celebrating with their own players as they normally do. 

Jesus wept! some of our fans are miserable to the core...

Brentford away many moons ago I was at the front and was knocked over the advertising hoard by the rush of people behind me when we scored a second goal. Lock me up and throw away the key

Pretty much bang on mate.

A lot of these fizz**n 'stewards' are really looking for it.

When we score just hug a fan next to you that’s what I do , it’s a massive rush when we score and yesterday must have been something else but we all know the pitch is a no no simple as that . Our support yesterday was first class well done to one and all . 

4 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

People know - or should know - that they're not allowed on the pitch and that, if they do come on, they can expect, at the very least, to get thrown out. So it's zero sympathy at all from me, I'm afraid.

For those people who have up voted the OP, would you be equally as tolerant if it were Leeds fans on the pitch  celebrating a late winning goal by them - and, if not, do please enlighten us as to why not ?

To some fans, this game we follow is their life. Emotions can get the better of people and a dose of common sense is needed.

If the lad hasn’t done any more than spill over, big deal.

Same for away fans at S6. This sport has been so sanitised you can’t even fart in the open air without some do-gooder mentioning the ozone layer.

Live and let live.

• Like 1
Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Pretty much bang on mate.

A lot of these fizz**n 'stewards' are really looking for it.

One grabbed me at the leeds home game a few years ago when we lost 2-1

I got hit by a coin from the away end and reacted to it as any human would by getting a bit angry.

Anyway head was bleeding not much but had to vacate to have a look, as I was leaving a steward said I had to leave the ground. I was a bit shocked but didnt really care. I said i was anyway and showed no aggression. I ushered my nephew up the stairs to the gangway and the steward grabbed my foot for some unknown reason and tried holding my leg to kind of pick me up.

He was about 10 stone. Im 18 plus so he had a job on. Anyway I lashed out at him and left swiftly covered in crimson with my nephew experiencing his first game in style lol

3 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Some fans are on the pitch, they think its all over. It is now. Kenneth Wostenholme 1966.

Somewhere, in large part of West Yorkshire, it is now.

:tango:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

If we couldn't go mental and celebrate yesterday, then we never can.

How Fluffies can slag off fellow fans for enjoying beating Leeds is beyond me.

It's the same people who have turned Hillsborough into a morgue, and love VAR.

Stamp collectors and real ale drinkers.

I like real ale. Goes well with a decent pork pie and onion chutney.

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

How do you feel about VAR  ?

WTF:

If it was introduced in our division, I’d need more Ale.

Dem blunts have had some bad luck with VAR but the decision against Declan Rice the other night was the worst example so far.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Yeah its part of football that sometimes a few people get giddy and run on the pitch. I like to see it. Its funny. Usually they end up decking it or getting splattered by a steward. It doesn't affect my day one bit.

It'd have been hilarious the other night when the West Ham fans ran on the pitch celebrating a last minute goal, and then it got disallowed- if it wasn't against United. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

If we couldn't go mental and celebrate yesterday, then we never can.

How Fluffies can slag off fellow fans for enjoying beating Leeds is beyond me.

It's the same people who have turned Hillsborough into a morgue, and love VAR.

Stamp collectors and real ale drinkers.

You was doing so well till you mentioned Real Ale drinkers you bloody pisdrinking lager loving girly snowflake

• Like 1