“We got Monked”

2 hours ago, Nut said:

Same against Arsenal this week. Battered em for 45 minutes, had 15 shots and couldn't score then fell apart second half.

2 hours ago, Nut said:
2 hours ago, A12owl said:

Their full back that was/nt marking Reach when we scored 2nd goal just turned round and never made an attempt to get back. Was it Ayling or Ailing. 

He was knackered.

2 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

Very true. He barely made an attempt to even get back. 

Mentioned this in the omdt yesterday. Might sound a bit like king pig here, but we had 48 hours more rest than them, after they'd burned a lot up against Arsenal.

After 80 minutes, they were foooked & we were still running. Mind you, when your keeper turns sideways into a shot, at his near post, it doesn't matter how many defenders are nearby!

It seems to be classic Leeds. Off to a flyer in the league when they're fit. Hardly change the team & so wear them out. Can't help selling the club captain to the team that might catch them up.

:tango:    

22 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

The missing in action JV will be along soon to tell us all about their commercial turnover compared to ours and ever other championship team.......... Or summat. 

:biggrin: My thoughts exactly yesterday. Won't mention being turned over as opposed to turnover, though. Back under his stone until next season. Unless we're in different divisions............

• Haha 1

I hope Leeds stay the big show for the rest of the season and we continue what we started before the bad xmas run - quietly move up to third & keep the scoreboard ticking over. All the expectation is on Leeds & we saw last season how they deal with pressure, we just need to go about our business under the radar & hope we’ve had our wobble & we can settle into a consistent run of good form.

7 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Monk does seem to have a reputation for his style - but that’s the same with all managers really. 

... Also, I wish we were good at time wasting (we’re not even in the same league as a Cardiff for time wasting). 

Remember when we beat Cardiff 1-0 at home a couple of seasons ago (FF goal).  They were time-wasting from the start.  After they went behind, they started playing.  If they'd have done that from the start, we may well have lost.  That's Warnock for you back then...

I  agree. Don't see the point in time wasting from the start  just try and win every game. Slow it down if you're under the cosh or need a breather but apart from that  just time waste in the last few minutes. Also dont see the point taking the ball to the corner flag, very rarely wastes any time at all.

On 12/01/2020 at 10:14, torres said:

Lovely viewing 

An interesting watch to say the least, the guys who spoke were fairly sensible (unlike ours!)

However I was facinated to learn that neither us, PNE or swansea play football and the only reason we won was because we employed sh11thouse tactics :laugh:...erm...don revie anyone :rolleyes:

But the best bit HAS to be that monk out manouvered beilsa and they simply could not comprehend that......

On 12/01/2020 at 03:49, deano said:

Yes I mean both our goals were from hoofs into the box! 

We are, at our best, very well suited to the championship. We can play direct, alternatively we have some very good players at this level, a good blend. 

If we were time wasting, those balls would have been in the corner, strange that they somehow finished up in the back of their net!

Also look back at the blog posted by the kid near our fans in the "they're not a happy bunch" thread, at the start he openly admits that we absolutely battered them at S6.

On 12/01/2020 at 06:50, Nut said:

I think they will get Monked a few more times this season. It's difficult to play their style for a full 90 minutes so they need to score early on when they're on top but their strikers aren't good enough to do this regularly so they will always be susceptible to losing late on in games. It's also hard to keep the intensity for a full season as we saw last year so unless they get a couple of forwards in, they may well fall away again like last season which would be lovely to see. I also like the expression 'Monked'. I hope we do it a few more times this season and it catches on. 

Monked by the Wednesday

You're getting Monked by the Wednesday!

• Haha 1

Guest The Horse

You know, as much as I absolutely have no love for Leeds, in my head I'd like to see them, us and Forest back in the Prem.

To shake up the status quo and make the Prem interesting to watch again.

It's all in my head of course but I've always seen the blunts as a third division side and anything else is just a novelty for them.

Whereas I see us and the clubs above as proper top flight. Yes, I know the boring likes of Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth et al deserve to be there but I have no enthusiasm about watching them.

Ramble over.

TL;DR: Can't stand Leeds but wouldn't begrudge them being in the Prem. So long as we get there at the same time / before them. ;-)