“We got Monked”

Only a small %age more long passes than L**ds according to LUTVs analysis on the live stream yesterday....

The presenters t1ts we up round her ears at kick off but had visibly sagged to her belly button by full time.

Clearly the weight of expectation is taking its toll.

Edited by Flat Owl
  • Haha 3

They were at home and league leaders. When they brandish around comments like 'typical Monk team', they've conveniently forgot how the first game at Hillsborough went where we pretty much dominated possession and where unlucky not to win. 

I suppose they're typical football fans, being interviewed straight after conceding two late goals to lose a game - it's a good job I've not been interviewed in similar circumstances recently - might be embarrassed later looking back.

• Haha 1

Seen us play Bielsa 4 times and he’s a complete myth. No doubt doing well, but Leeds fans act like he’s took over an U9’s Sunday league team and turned them into Leedsalona. They just try to overload you from the start, but if you stay strong and defend well they run out of steam. 

Look at their team. Casilla from Real Madrid, Barry Douglas won league with Wolves and cost a bit, Kelvin Phillips was being watched for England, Ben White getting rumours of Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs, Helder Costa they have agreed to buy for £15m, Jack Harrison they can sign for around £10m and Bamford cost above £7m. Yet that team has won 1 in 6 and showing the same signs of last year of falling away. Does my head in listening to sky waffle on about how good he is, he should have walked the league with that side.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, deano said:

Yes I mean both our goals were from hoofs into the box! 

We are, at our best, very well suited to the championship. We can play direct, alternatively we have some very good players at this level, a good blend. 

Yesterday’s goals were our first from open play since Forest. Last two at Forest, both at Stoke and v Cardiff, from corners. And a pen v Bristol C.

35 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Seen us play Bielsa 4 times and he’s a complete myth. No doubt doing well, but Leeds fans act like he’s took over an U9’s Sunday league team and turned them into Leedsalona. They just try to overload you from the start, but if you stay strong and defend well they run out of steam. 

Look at their team. Casilla from Real Madrid, Barry Douglas won league with Wolves and cost a bit, Kelvin Phillips was being watched for England, Ben White getting rumours of Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs, Helder Costa they have agreed to buy for £15m, Jack Harrison they can sign for around £10m and Bamford cost above £7m. Yet that team has won 1 in 6 and showing the same signs of last year of falling away. Does my head in listening to sky waffle on about how good he is, he should have walked the league with that side.

Most of Leeds defeats have come in exactly the same manner. Absorb the pressure til they tire later on then hit them with a sucker punch.. I think managers have sussed them and it may be they have a much more inconsistent 2nd half of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Most of Leeds defeats have come in exactly the same manner. Absorb the pressure til they tire later on then hit them with a sucker punch.. I think managers have sussed them and it may be they have a much more inconsistent 2nd half of the season. 

They put so much into the first 45-60 minutes of a game. Beat Birmingham 5-4 other week, but was 2-0 up after 20 but conceded 3 goals in last 30 mins. They played Cardiff at home, 3-0 up and concede 3 goals after the 60th minute. They just have a tendency to start leaking goals once their heads go. 

19 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

To be fair, we probably are a direct side.

Not sure about time-wasting though... classic sour grapes move

I've no problem with us being direct. I'd much rather see that than watch us fanny about with the ball and lose 2 0 at home. Always amazes me when opposition fans complain about a team's style of football after they've lost to them rather than criticising their own team for not being able to handle it. We tried the pass it to death style under Carlos and although the first season was great to watch, ultimately it failed. I wonder if Leeds fans would be happy to see them spend millions on players, play pretty football and stay in this division for the next 10years, or spend next to nothing on a team that is direct and gets promotion in it''s first season. Football snobbery is total ballcocks, winning is what matters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

why do they all everywhere say we had 2 chances and scored them both , looked back on highlights and we could have had 6 . winnall missed 2 sitters murphy wernt far away in 1st half ,leeds were never totally on top at any point , they had 2-3 chances but no sitters or owt. I hope every team go there this season and play same tactics. 

1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

FFP?

• Like 1