“We got Monked”

20 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

They put so much into the first 45-60 minutes of a game. Beat Birmingham 5-4 other week, but was 2-0 up after 20 but conceded 3 goals in last 30 mins. They played Cardiff at home, 3-0 up and concede 3 goals after the 60th minute. They just have a tendency to start leaking goals once their heads go. 

Same against Arsenal this week. Battered em for 45 minutes, had 15 shots and couldn't score then fell apart second half.

5 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Their full back that was/nt marking Reach when we scored 2nd goal just turned round and never made an attempt to get back. Was it Ayling or Ailing. 

He was knackered.

Very true. He barely made an attempt to even get back. 

41 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Most of Leeds defeats have come in exactly the same manner. Absorb the pressure til they tire later on then hit them with a sucker punch.. I think managers have sussed them and it may be they have a much more inconsistent 2nd half of the season. 

we live in hope.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, deano said:

Yes I mean both our goals were from hoofs into the box! 

We are, at our best, very well suited to the championship. We can play direct, alternatively we have some very good players at this level, a good blend. 

two outstandingly well 'weighted' passes led to the goals, nuhiu, and bannan.

39 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

They put so much into the first 45-60 minutes of a game. Beat Birmingham 5-4 other week, but was 2-0 up after 20 but conceded 3 goals in last 30 mins. They played Cardiff at home, 3-0 up and concede 3 goals after the 60th minute. They just have a tendency to start leaking goals once their heads go. 

they haven't got carlos for a 'fitness coach' have they?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

To be fair, we probably are a direct side.

Not sure about time-wasting though... classic sour grapes move

Too right mate.

We are such a 'time wasting' side we scored in the last minute of added time when most teams would have took it to the corner flag.

10 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

What was the xG for the match?

I think every fan wants to see good football, but sometimes fans buy in to the hype and mistake good football for the centre backs constantly passing to each other in their own half.

long may that shyte reign in the championship.

we wasted two and a half years on it, and are now rebuilding from it.

let's hope everybody else is going to keep it up for some time to come.

2 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

We played our game in a way to frustrate Leeds. However, both goals were well worked & if Leeds had scored them they’d be tweeting about ‘Bielsa Ball’.

I hope more teams get ‘Monked’ this season.

I think they will get Monked a few more times this season. It's difficult to play their style for a full 90 minutes so they need to score early on when they're on top but their strikers aren't good enough to do this regularly so they will always be susceptible to losing late on in games. It's also hard to keep the intensity for a full season as we saw last year so unless they get a couple of forwards in, they may well fall away again like last season which would be lovely to see. I also like the expression 'Monked'. I hope we do it a few more times this season and it catches on. 

Edited by Nut

They should have been 1 up at half time because Harrison missed his sitter yet we only made 2 chances and scored 2 goals ?

So Winnall missing from 5 yards with the goal at his mercy wasn't a "chance" then ?

If they had a player like Bannan knocking long balls so perfectly weighted that Reach didn't have to break stride they would be purring 

2 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

FFP?

In the last 3 years they have sold multi million £s worth a players   there income on the commercial side I would guess is far greater than most in this league .horrible feckers but owners who seem to have inkling on how to run club .

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

In the last 3 years they have sold multi million £s worth a players   there income on the commercial side I would guess is far greater than most in this league .horrible feckers but owners who seem to have inkling on how to run club .

The missing in action JV will be along soon to tell us all about their commercial turnover compared to ours and ever other championship team.......... Or summat. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

The missing in action JV will be along soon to tell us all about their commercial turnover compared to ours and ever other championship team.......... Or summat. 

him and whitey,the two hudders fans who used to frequent  this site ....much missed .