Julian Borner

Just now, fpowl said:

Who is responsible for scouting him and are we still looking for similar 

an out of contract player never played or lived in England playing in German second division was it? 

outstanding find  

28 years old too. 

Not some young prospect. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

28 years old too. 

Not some young prospect. 

I know it’s madness to think we could have him for a good 5 years or more playing like he is now

i just think if we’ve found him surely there’s more out there? 

I wonder if Jos put the scouting in on him only for Bruce’s recruitment team to finalise the deal 

I’m interested to know how we’ve gone across him and if we are looking at similar recruitment or if we go lucky or it’s a one off 

recruitment under Bruce was nothing short of excellent 

Love the guy, and to be honest I prefer him to Lees. He just seems to have more presence as a player, character and leader. That's not slating Lees btw, who on his day is immense, but I think needs a leader next to him to perform at his best. Borner and Iorfa at CB for me. 

It's been said on here before, but everything else aside, Bruce needs some credit for his signings. Borner, Harris, Luongo for nothing, and of course Iorfa who cost I'm pretty sure the same fee we paid for Peter Atherton about 3 decades ago. 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

I know it’s madness to think we could have him for a good 5 years or more playing like he is now

i just think if we’ve found him surely there’s more out there? 

I wonder if Jos put the scouting in on him only for Bruce’s recruitment team to finalise the deal 

I’m interested to know how we’ve gone across him and if we are looking at similar recruitment or if we go lucky or it’s a one off 

recruitment under Bruce was nothing short of excellent 

At the time it was said that Bruce was aware of him and tried to sign him a few years ago when he was at Villa but Borner didn’t want to come to England then.

This time he decided the time was right 

As a younger man I played up front and I would have hated to play against him. Solid, brave, not dirty. Has a smile on his face and you can see that he can't be wound up. I bet he's a nightmare to play in training. I like Lees but borner and iorfa are becoming some partnership. Probably a right laugh on a night out as well. I think I love him. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I swear he’s 6 ft 2 when he starts games and by the end he’s grown to 9 feet tall.

When he cheated that ball down and volleyed it away at the end <3

Handball?!:biggrin:

top performance in seriousness

52 minutes ago, wednesdaylander said:

Sorry, but no way is he German. Must have been brought up in  High Green, Stocksbridge or on t' Cross judging by way he celebrates a win. Wednesday legend in the making that bloke. Love to see that enthusiasm in any player who pulls on the stripes. Would be my captain tomorrow if I was Monk. 

Quality, quality player . Future captain . He brings the best out of Big Dom too. 

Borner is a footballer where as Lees really isnt. Both very good players, just one brings more to the team than the other.

Lees is solid but uncomfortable on the ball and just a bit basic, where Borner will look up, pick a pass or try to bring the ball out. Not to mention hes cool as a cucumber.

Seems hes a very good signing and while Lees will have a part to play still, i hope to see Borner play more than Lees for the rest of the season.