whatdial

They’re not a happy bunch

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 12:58, Inspector Lestrade said:

Hate to say it but they  are as big as anyone.  During the 60s and 70 s they were a force to be reckoned with and would fill any size ground if they had a little success.  They have a  large catchment area no real competition in the local area.  Don Revie sides seemed to appeal to fans around the country for been tough and uncompromising and  having that siege mentality. 

My hates are uniteds  

Sheffield

Leeds

Manchester

Was sat in the North stand many years ago and they scored a few of their lads jumped and  one promptly fell down ;) 
and the rest all went for a run down the steps as other Wednesday fans went to introduce themselves.  

Good days

The Don Revie side appealed to every wanabee hooligan from all around the land back in the day, simple as that. Leeds fans in the 70's were invading pitches and tearing up trains every week and so if you wanted to be associated with the "hardest" firm, wherever you lived, it was a straight choice between Leeds, Chelsea or Miwaw, with Leeds being the biggest and most succesful by far. The fact that loads of them travel from all parts of the country today is a legacy of the 70's and the offspring of the 70's hooligans treading the path that Daddy thug trod back then (the idiot from Cheltenham the other year being aan example).

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

The Don Revie side appealed to every wanabee hooligan from all around the land back in the day, simple as that. Leeds fans in the 70's were invading pitches and tearing up trains every week and so if you wanted to be associated with the "hardest" firm, wherever you lived, it was a straight choice between Leeds, Chelsea or Miwaw, with Leeds being the biggest and most succesful by far. The fact that loads of them travel from all parts of the country today is a legacy of the 70's and the offspring of the 70's hooligans treading the path that Daddy thug trod back then (the idiot from Cheltenham the other year being aan example).

Yep agree with that in part.    

Ben White now claiming that Leeds failed on Saturday because 'they weren't up against a big team' 

The most bitter, deluded, scruffiest of cockwombles the world has ever seen.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Ben White now claiming that Leeds failed on Saturday because 'they weren't up against a big team' 

Image may contain: text

Atty might be a big lump but our big lump makes an habit of scoring against them whilst their big fairy (Bamford) who cost £10m couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo. 

Edited by bradowl
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Well if they can only play well against what they regard as 'big' teams then they've got no chance of getting promoted.

Oh, and they didn't even score against, let alone beat the 'big ' team so who exactly will they be able to beat then? 

39 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Image may contain: text

Atty might be a big lump but our big lump makes an habit of scoring against them whilst their big fairy (Bamford) who cost £10m couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo. 

Is that the same big lump whose slide rule pass took out your entire defence for the first goal and whose movement for the second goal left you and your centre half mate on your arses as the ball went into the back of the net Ben?

Edited by Dunkstar
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

How f.ookin' disrespectful that is to talk about a fellow pro footballer in such a way....................

what a f.ookin' tw *t!

Him and that Phillips have made themselves look like right nobbers.

• Agree 1

On 12/01/2020 at 14:23, handworth52 said:

yes we did for quite a few games ,when peter useless was in charge. crowds in general were a lot lower then , then following week you get 49500 against Coventry in cup and 50000 for Liverpool league game feb 1985 . a lot less in those days had season tickets ,most paid cash at turnstiles £1.50 kids £2.50 adults . in those days grounds were quite open to the elements ,high fences and plenty of fisticuffs 

£2.50 in the 80's ?

One of us has a crap memory, i turned up for a Tuesday night match in the 80's with a mate, match had just started, offered the gateman a tenner (it was £8 on the Kop), two hat said he had no change it was a tenner or nowt so i said nowt and launched myself over the turnstile, knocking the robbing get back into his kennel.

My mate had to stump up a tenner. (not sure what year but definitely early/mid 80s):mad:

On 11/01/2020 at 22:20, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Get a load of this pineapple headed c*nt.

Professional footballer and doesn't understand how football works.

FB_IMG_1578781252303.jpg

Read it in the Green'un son.

On 12/01/2020 at 14:12, handworth52 said:

ive been going since 1984 we might have had 14000 once for a night game but defo not gone below that ,1970s? maybe 

1975/6, 6,700ish for a home game.

This when the ground held 50k.

Also went to watch Wed's at Newcastlt just before the Keegan era and only 7,500 there.

Edited by adelphi1867

Very unusual to see pros coming out with these kind of comments about another club and player.

They are well and truly in panic mode 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Albertowl said:

I'd take issue with this mate. I'd say the biggest and most fearsome firm in the 70's was Man Utd's red army. I speak from experience :sad:

Also West Ham's ICF would have been in my top three.

• Agree 3

Whenever someone says “I’d hate to watch that every week” it means we’ve beaten them.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dunkstar said:

Well if they can only play well against what they regard as 'big' teams then they've got no chance of getting promoted.

Oh, and they didn't even score against, let alone beat the 'big ' team so who exactly will they be able to beat then? 

Didn’t score against us at S6 either.

8 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

I'd take issue with this mate. I'd say the biggest and most fearsome firm in the 70's was Man Utd's red army. I speak from experience :sad:

Also West Ham's ICF would have been in my top three.

I'd go along with this though Man U always had advantage in sheer numbers, this was case when coming to S6 in 74. 

Man City were a nasty lot back in them days too. 

• Agree 1

I have NEVER and I mean NEVER seen a fan base react to a defeat quite like this lot have. My Twitter timeline is full of it. 

First of all they have had a right go at the way we and the team celebrated the win. Some hilarious comments such as "We would never do that" and "It's their cup final". They seem to have conveniently forgotten how they went nuts and invaded the pitch after equalising when Kirkland was hit. 

Then that lobber Phillips said we didn't deserve to win followed by White saying we were a small team. Both have made themselves look like prize prats like half of their fan base. White is a Brighton player so is obviously suffering a double dose of salt. 

I've even seen one tosspot show stills of their 'goal' and our second, trying to claim theirs was onside and ours was offside and VAR would have ruled it out until someone pointed out the stills were not taken at the point of delivery. 

They really are desperate to come up with some sort of excuse. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite enjoying this. But if we get docked points this season, I'm not going anywhere near Twitter. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Only one place to start with the weekend football, says Calendar. 

Yes, of course. The Dingles.

Stunned they aren't all wearing black tonight.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Albertowl said:

Think the Man U firm will have something to say about who were the biggest . 

• Agree 1