They’re not a happy bunch

3 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Yeah, agree with that, but to say you couldn’t hear them is incorrect. We need to make Hillsborough a fortress. 

We was sat right at end of our stand which didn't help, looking straight forward from our seats we was looking at back of their South stand. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Half of them will be back to watching the rhinos once Biesla buggers off.

I lived in Leeds between 2013 and 2015 for work. During that period, Leeds United were rubbish. You'll remember we beat them 6-0 (sitting in a pub in Leeds watching that was glorious).

Anyway, the Rhinos were top dogs during this period or up there in Super League. Go to a pub where I was (North Leeds) and it would be rammed when the Rhinos were playing. If United were on, it was usually about 5 or 6 tops.

The Leeds fans at work were well into the Rhinos and had little to no interest in the football team. In the last couple of years, it has completely flipped. 

To me, it always felt more like a rugby town with a football team. 

They averaged 21k in 2015 and now they've found another 10k, most fickle fanbase in the country. Leeds is huge city but they only come out of the woodwork when they're doing well, overrated fanbase.

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I live in the outskirts of Leeds and make no mistake about it, it’s a rugby league city. Most of their fans live from outside the city. They really should be the biggest team in England given their catchment area.

yer I agree , what I cant understand about leeds supporters is why are there so many of them all over the country? you always have had man u ,Liverpool Chelsea supporters everywhere but why leeds? 15 years in lower league ,a dump of a ground , there only success in last 50 years winning premier league by default in 1992 due to man utd been made to play sunday tues thurs Saturday in last week of season then getting pipped to title. I just don't get it , even in late 60s before my time they had success playing with the most horrible team in the top flight ever more ufc than football and in them days it was allowed. 

28 minutes ago, Brommers said:

I'm just off to the match to film the shoulders of two Neanderthals in front of me.

FFS, really what is the point. 

in that section behind goal there morons were more interested in us than the game , that's the section where they throw fireworks etc into away end, didn't Birmingham riot at end of game in October because of these inbreds?. 

15 hours ago, whatdial said:

they didn’t really like that did they. Great noise from the Owls when we scored! 

these clowns don't know the right words to 'we all hate l**ds scum', fancy a set of football supporters not knowing the correct words to one of the most popular songs in football.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brommers said:

I'm just off to the match to film the shoulders of two Neanderthals in front of me.

FFS, really what is the point. 

Bizarre how he was constantly filming the area near the corner flag. 

These vlogger types always come across as being a bit... odd. 

2 hours ago, Owls2k said:

They averaged 21k in 2015 and now they've found another 10k, most fickle fanbase in the country. Leeds is huge city but they only come out of the woodwork when they're doing well, overrated fanbase.

To be fair, a bit like man utd; a huge proportion of their fanbase come from outside of Leeds.  Certainly there is a large 'ellement' that travel from areas like selby, goole, wakefield and barnsley. 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

yer I agree , what I cant understand about leeds supporters is why are there so many of them all over the country? you always have had man u ,Liverpool Chelsea supporters everywhere but why leeds? 15 years in lower league ,a dump of a ground , there only success in last 50 years winning premier league by default in 1992 due to man utd been made to play sunday tues thurs Saturday in last week of season then getting pipped to title. I just don't get it , even in late 60s before my time they had success playing with the most horrible team in the top flight ever more ufc than football and in them days it was allowed. 

Hate to say it but they  are as big as anyone.  During the 60s and 70 s they were a force to be reckoned with and would fill any size ground if they had a little success.  They have a  large catchment area no real competition in the local area.  Don Revie sides seemed to appeal to fans around the country for been tough and uncompromising and  having that siege mentality. 

My hates are uniteds  

Sheffield

Leeds

Manchester

Was sat in the North stand many years ago and they scored a few of their lads jumped and  one promptly fell down ;) 
and the rest all went for a run down the steps as other Wednesday fans went to introduce themselves.  

Good days

• Like 1

I used the word 'Ellement' in my post deliberately.. Much of their current fanbase are the progeny from the 80s hooligans living in outlaying areas. I wont be tellimg most of you anything that you don't already know but this 'happy' band of halfwits would travel to leeds every weekend for a good scrap..  You can see from some of the videos shown online that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 

They are a funny bunch. I was speaking to a few of them this morning at my lads under 8’s game. They were all going on that they should’ve been 3-0 up at half time and it was daylight robbery. Absolute nonsense! 

They were the better side in the first half and probably should’ve been 1-0 up at HT with the Harrison chance. However, we controlled the second half and we deserved it. Apart from a 5 min spell from the 80-85th minute, they were completely devoid of any creativity or control in that second half. 

Yeah, when we stuffed them six nil, all they went on about was the Smith sending off.

Like that was the difference between the two teams, not the absolute chasm in terms of quality that day.

I'm good friends with one Leeds fan and he is a decent, normal bloke. Has his head screwed on with respect to football. 

Thing is, despite that,  he still buys into the Man U rivalry thing.