That Second Goal

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

Yep. Created more than Harris has in recent weeks. Dare we say Monkfish is getting to know his players' strengths?

Hope so, think most of us could see that Reach is more effective on the left. 

Guest Bulgaria
6 minutes ago, steelowl said:

reminds my of a chip I made 20 years ago at Beauchief gold course 1st hole -a thing of awesome beauty if I say so myself 

Hated the first.

I got an eagle on the 3rd once.

Still finished about 20 over par though.

Still reeling from hitting the 16th green when teeing off on the first!!!

And yes there were loads watching!

Edited by Bulgaria

Just now, Bulgaria said:

What hole?

I got an eagle on the 3rd once.

Still finished about 20 over par though.

Still reeling from hitting the 16th green when teeing off on the first!!!

And yes there were loads watching!

7 minutes ago, steelowl said:

reminds my of a chip I made 20 years ago at Beauchief gold course 1st hole -a thing of awesome beauty if I say so myself 

fecking beauty uphill lie rolled it round the top bank 2foot from hole  perfect weight  will never do it again unlike bannan I hope 

Guest Ferkorf
18 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Lovely. Be very useful if Dave now goes on a scoring run.

I had a look back to a few seasons ago when his contract was expiring he started a 10 goal scoring spree in the second half of the season and finished top scorer on 11 lol

Whats the saying

LUMP ON

On 11/01/2020 at 21:42, Eastern said:

Every one of Nuhui’s goals this season have been in stoppage time. 

5 times now isn’t it?

3 in the league Fulham, Charlton & L**ds and one against Toytown in the EFL cup.  the others were Joao against Reading and Fox against Swansea

Edited by Bulldog
  • Thanks 2

On 11/01/2020 at 22:33, Tudders said:

Great ball by Bannan but look at Atdhe’s movement to create the space for himself. The lads got far more footballing intelligence than a lot give him anywhere near enough credit for. 

I totally agree. The temptation is to run diagonally to the front post or shuffle sideways to the back post but Nuhiu shows he has real football intelligence by running square to goal thus losing his marker and giving Reach an achievable chance to find him.  Aguero is hailed as a genius if he scores in the same way Nuhiu did (BTW, in no way am I saying that Nuhiu is like Aguero in style, technique or quality). 

Sublime by Bannan, excellent by Reach, outstanding by Nuhiu. 

Guest The Horse

I like how the Leeds fans were obviously giving Reach a gobful after that second goal and he appears to just stare them down for a few seconds contemplating doing something he shouldn't before turning to Nuhiu like The Terminator. :biggrin:

On 12/01/2020 at 06:33, Tudders said:

Great ball by Bannan but look at Atdhe’s movement to create the space for himself. The lads got far more footballing intelligence than a lot give him anywhere near enough credit for. 

If his legs were as quick as his brain he'd be up there with likes of Berbatov 

On 13/01/2020 at 02:12, dorian gray said:

both passes that opened up their defence were superbly directed and weighted, but monk just 'humps' it all day.

they were but it's  not like we score goals like that every week.  Hopefully these types of goals will be the norm going forward and it will mean our midfield is functioning as we want it to be

9 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

they were but it's  not like we score goals like that every week.  Hopefully these types of goals will be the norm going forward and it will mean our midfield is functioning as we want it to be

no, we don't want anything to be the 'norm'.

we need a wide range of scoring opportunities, so as not to become predictable.

anyway the team has been tied enough with dogma, it needs cutting free to attack the opposition at each and every opportunity, not tied up with 'do this first' football.

it was utterly stupid at the w/e to watch afcb passing themselves into all kinds of trouble as watford hunted them down, a football needs passing to improve your teams position, not for the sake of it.

• Like 1

It was just hoof ball. Bannan hoofed it forward to Reach then Reach hoofed it across to Nuhiu amd then he just hoofed it past their keeper. I would just love some clever attractive passing  football with an end product for a change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4