Urhoghide

6 hours ago, prowl said:

He's a good lad but I'd give him maybe one more game then rest him for a couple. It's easy to burn players out when they just break through, they give everything every time they get on the pitch in an attempt to impress.

Just let him catch his breath then maybe 3 or 4 more games

Who is coming in for him and who is going to step aside for him to come back for 4-5  games ?.

24 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

First time I've seen that. 

1. which idiot has got him playing left back :wacko:

2. He looks even better than I thought.

The kid looks the real deal. Big money move in the summer if he keeps that up. Wonder why wimbledon  released him? Idiots

I have no idea why he was released

Could be many reasons - one of which is that AFCW didn't rate the player for whatever reason...

Leeds released Tom Lees etc

Could be more to it - maybe nothing more than a clash with the manager over game time, pathway, direction etc

Possibly more?

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Fox isn’t much better though in all fairness he’s playing the best football of his Wednesday career at the moment though that wouldn’t be hard given his time here so far.

He's been reliable for about a year now, so why are we still obsessed with bashing the lad? He's massively stepped up despite the overwhelming hate, time to give the lad a break. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

we were sat behind his parents at the match today and they were absolutely loving it, joining in the chants big grins on there faces and mum cheering and dancing about every time he did something, lovely to see

Great to hear.  

Good to see the lad is coming along nicely.  

Some lovely driving runs forward by Osaze against leeds.  

Great potential.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Far far too early to big him up.

His fitness also looked questionable.

That said, well done young man. There is a full back shirt with your name on it. Grab it.

Unbelievable comments really. So he cramped up a little, with so few appearances under his belt no one will have worked out his precise fluid intake yet. He will get to see a game out very soon without cramping. He is rough and raw but so was the Kohinoor when first mined. All we have to do his give him the right cut !  

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 hours ago, prowl said:

He's a good lad but I'd give him maybe one more game then rest him for a couple. It's easy to burn players out when they just break through, they give everything every time they get on the pitch in an attempt to impress.

Just let him catch his breath then maybe 3 or 4 more games

I agree. Give him his home debut next Saturday then rest him for QPR in the cup.

5 hours ago, scram said:

Could be many reasons - one of which is that AFCW didn't rate the player for whatever reason...

Could be more to it - maybe nothing more than a clash with the manager over game time, pathway, direction etc

Possibly more?

There was a piece with an interview with his former academy manager (who didn't want him released and helped get him a deal here). So wait for this! The reason he was released, was he was given tasks to do over the summer and rather than just do that, he added to it and worked even harder than he should have done. Got injured possibly because of this determination and the hierarchy didn't like it. Their loss!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bobness said:

He's been reliable for about a year now, so why are we still obsessed with bashing the lad? He's massively stepped up despite the overwhelming hate, time to give the lad a break. 

Didn't you read the bit where I said he's playing the best football of his Wednesday career and you're probably right that this covers the last year but up until that point he wasn't bobness, he was bobbins? :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, scram said:

Possibly more?

2 hours ago, No Uniform said:

There was a piece with an interview with his former academy manager (who didn't want him released and helped get him a deal here). So wait for this! The reason he was released, was he was given tasks to do over the summer and rather than just do that, he added to it and worked even harder than he should have done. Got injured possibly because of this determination and the hierarchy didn't like it. Their loss!

Some detail here...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/osaze-urghoghides-former-coach-reveals-youngsters-journey-sheffield-wednesday-and-why-he-was-released-afc-wimbledon-1360733%3famp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2