Urhoghide

As I’ve said many times before the full-back positions are where we are particularly weak. Palmer is average and Fox isn’t much better though in all fairness he’s playing the best football of his Wednesday career at the moment though that wouldn’t be hard given his time here so far.

This lad has an opportunity to make his mark and hopefully will but come the summer Monk may well reshape the full-back positions and I for one wouldn’t blame him if he did.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

I think when a young lad first gets in the first team and games they are full of energy, confidence and have a no fear attitude. Given quality it could be something really exciting 

if the teams performing and they continue to perform I say play them if your good enough your old enough 

if we see a drop in his performance by all means drop him like ways if the team go through a bad patch protect the lad and drop him 

dross over played our youth and excluded out experience pros and results and performances kept dropping in not sure if all those kids will recover from his poor management despite him given them the chance 

we want iorfa as centre back 

we don’t have another fit right back 

urhoghide has had two good games against very good opposition and seems buzzing 

I’d say keep playing him

well done big lad make it your own 

I’m hoping lads going to get on end of a set piece in the next couple of games and send us all into a frenzy 

iorfa part two? 

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Christmas

To say 99% of us never heard of him 8 days ago is something. What a future he has. He plays in the way we want our own sons to play. There's things to brush up on, but the talent  is so real got to be excited about this lad

He looks a real find. The trick now is managing his development correctly. I heard an interview with Michael Owen who said that he thought that he and some other players that showed real potential when young, suffered injury later on their careers as a consequence. 

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

He will make mistakes but need him to relish playing at Hillsborough not become a nervous wreck like some do

he'd better not make too many coz we aint got a good track record with youngsters if they mess up …….

I thought he really struggled first half, and was lucky not to get punished on 2 or 3 occasions. Harrison beat him time after time.

His second half performance was much improved. He was much more positive and aggressive. Although he had no idea what to actually do with the ball it was great to see him drive us up the pitch. Haven’t seen Palmer do that in 10 years.

Deserves to keep his place IMO...bet he’s sore tonight

2 hours ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

First time I'd seen this video. Before watching I thought we'd signed a solid championship squad player - didn't realise we'd signed our own Ferland Mendy!

A bit rough around the edges, maybe, but did Wimbledon really let a lad with this ability leave? Can play left/right/centre. Strong in the tackle. Quick. Physical. Very good technically.

Not getting carried away at all...

Do you think watching him we seem to have Dom Mark 2,that was Doms first few games,heart in the mouth at times but great pace and determination.Plus Dom always seems to have his back if he slips up,nice to see .Well done Wednesday today and to the boss who made some great calls.Got a way to go yet but Liam will now know he has to up his game.

4 hours ago, prowl said:

He's a good lad but I'd give him maybe one more game then rest him for a couple. It's easy to burn players out when they just break through, they give everything every time they get on the pitch in an attempt to impress.

Just let him catch his breath then maybe 3 or 4 more games

I disagree. He's a young lad so will recover quickly. As long as the fitness coaches handle him correctly then there's no reason to take him out of the team. The more experience he gets the better! 

26 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I thought he really struggled first half, and was lucky not to get punished on 2 or 3 occasions. Harrison beat him time after time.

His second half performance was much improved. He was much more positive and aggressive. Although he had no idea what to actually do with the ball it was great to see him drive us up the pitch. Haven’t seen Palmer do that in 10 years.

Deserves to keep his place IMO...bet he’s sore tonight

I don't think he struggled due to his ability more that he was up against a very good player who leaves more seasoned defenders in his wake.

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I don't think he struggled due to his ability more that he was up against a very good player who leaves more seasoned defenders in his wake.

Think it was a little more greenness than anything else.

But if he wants to play in the championship these are the players he needs to stop on a consistent basis. 

second half he did that, first he didn’t.

Edited by McRightSide

49 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

The crowd need to give him great support next week in his first home game.

He will make mistakes but need him to relish playing at Hillsborough not become a nervous wreck like some do

He will be welcomed as the next messiah. lol If he has a half decent game then he will be a new hero.  

But we do need to be careful with him

He's got the physical aspects, strength and pace. Now it's time for him to learn and learn but from his interviews he looks like he wants to. He could learn a lot about positioning from Borner and Hutch, new swfc cop duo.

But the ingredients are there. All about the mental aspects of the game now, which can make poor players average, average players good and very good players world class.

• Like 1